Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Adkins keeps talking about signing new players but he did the same last year. I think he is too nice and will stick with the existing squad. We will probably get a goalkeeper and a defender from necessity.

All this talk of signing 6/7/8 players doesn't look like happening at the moment. If it does happen nearer kick off, we will be like QPR last year, signing up anyone who is available and ending up with an unbalanced team of strangers.

Adkins keeps talking about signing new players but he did the same last year. I think he is too nice and will stick with the existing squad. We will probably get a goalkeeper and a defender from necessity.

All this talk of signing 6/7/8 players doesn't look like happening at the moment. If it does happen nearer kick off, we will be like QPR last year, signing up anyone who is available and ending up with an unbalanced team of strangers.

Our 'too nice' manager can hardly be accused of getting much wrong last season surely...

Adkins isn't stupid. he knows we need to strengthen, we will get another 4 or 5 because we have to. if we don't we will most likely finish bottom, 5/6 new additions is just what you have to do when you get promoted.

Adkins said in his most recent interview that there are some positions we "will" be signing players in so I think we will get them, just seems to be taking time.

Adkins isn't stupid. he knows we need to strengthen, we will get another 4 or 5 because we have to. if we don't we will most likely finish bottom, 5/6 new additions is just what you have to do when you get promoted.

Adkins said in his most recent interview that there are some positions we "will" be signing players in so I think we will get them, just seems to be taking time.

I didn't say Adkins was stupid!

I didn't say he did!

We are permitted to draw conclusions you know! If you say he was 'too nice' last season it surely suggests he lacked the surgical inclination to replace players that needed replacing. Otherwise what does 'too nice' mean?

I didn't say Adkins was stupid!

You didn't. I was just making the point that you said he will stick with the existing squad. Im saying he won't, he knows we need to improve it and has continually said that throughout the summer.

Re too nice...he has been very nice to Barnard, Dickson, Harding, Bart etc - seems he can be ruthless when he needs to be.

You didn't. I was just making the point that you said he will stick with the existing squad. Im saying he won't, he knows we need to improve it and has continually said that throughout the summer.

Re too nice...he has been very nice to Barnard, Dickson, Harding, Bart etc - seems he can be ruthless when he needs to be.

That's right Ron. As Ted Bates showed in 1964, there is no room for sentimentality.

Once again Saints show their complacent, lazy approach to the transfer market. No sense of urgency and lack of ambition. All so predictable. We got away with it last year although it nearly did for us.

Unless we get some players in this week I would say we were dead certs for relegation.

once again saints show their complacent, lazy approach to the transfer market. No sense of urgency and lack of ambition. All so predictable. We got away with it last year although it nearly did for us.

Unless we get some players in this week i would say we were dead certs for relegation.

do not feed

once again saints show their complacent, lazy approach to the transfer market. No sense of urgency and lack of ambition. All so predictable. We got away with it last year although it nearly did for us.

Unless we get some players in this week i would say we were dead certs for relegation.

yawn

Once again Saints show their complacent, lazy approach to the transfer market. No sense of urgency and lack of ambition. All so predictable. We got away with it last year although it nearly did for us.

Unless we get some players in this week I would say we were dead certs for relegation.

another beauty

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something here makes me think you are a "glass half empty" type of guy.

At different stages at signings, only a limited number of people know about transfers. If people tell you things, they say things like don't mention his nationality/age, etc, as many people at the club may know a player is signing, but only a few can identify which player. If people then come on here and say who it is, just to satisfy you, they put jobs at risk. So I think I'll just stick to letting fellow fans on here know when good things may be happening, Asshole.

that is exactly what i am saying fool...

JRod, Davis, Buttner and Clyne is a hell of a summer to start with anyway. Just leaves keepers and CBs as priority, which Nige has stated he'll sort out.

Maybe another attacking midfielder RM option, but not essential and obviously some signings will go right to the deadline as they do for all clubs.

Only two of those hav actually signed though. One could go wrong, one has gone quiet.

ffs

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh !!!

I am not trolling. In fact since the end of the season I have been fairly quiet, apart from one assertion, thatwe would once again prove to be impotent in the transfer market, showing a worrying lack of ambition and decisiveness. Well, my assertion is looking more likely to be coreect. Yet again we have failed to strengthen during the ealry summer months.

We got away with last year but i fear not this.

I will make my prediction for our league finish at the start of August, but unless things change I wouold say 19th !

I am not trolling. In fact since the end of the season I have been fairly quiet, apart from one assertion, thatwe would once again prove to be impotent in the transfer market, showing a worrying lack of ambition and decisiveness. Well, my assertion is looking more likely to be coreect. Yet again we have failed to strengthen during the ealry summer months.

We got away with last year but i fear not this.

I will make my prediction for our league finish at the start of August, but unless things change I wouold say 19th !

FAILED TO STRENGTHEN?!

We've brought in Rangers' captain and a top young player in Rodriguez with a few other moves making progress. How do you live your life being so impatient?

ffs

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh !!!

Christ, it's Dalek will you guys never learn? He is one step up the evolutionary ladder from having a skate on here saying we will get relegated with 5 points. His posts seriously aren't worth reading, let alone getting annoyed over.

FAILED TO STRENGTHEN?!

We've brought in Rangers' captain and a top young player in Rodriguez with a few other moves making progress. How do you live your life being so impatient?

Well, I am reassured. If that's all that happens then we will be OK ? Tommy Forepost sitting on the bench is OK by you ?

Christ, it's Dalek will you guys never learn? He is one step up the evolutionary ladder from having a skate on here saying we will get relegated with 5 points. His posts seriously aren't worth reading, let alone getting annoyed over.

Yes I am aware he is Glenn's mate Eileen - But sometimes you have to blow the gasket to breathe again...

Take off your rose tinted spectacles, pull your head out the ground, unless we strengthen in key areas we are going to find ourselves anchored at the bottom of the premier league and being the regular whipping boys !

I assume you havent heard Adkins say... "WE WILL BRING IN ANOTHER KEEPER" He's not an idiot, he knows we're short in that area hence why we've been linked with quite a few options this summer already. Can you not just go and then come back on the first day of the season and then give us your miserable predictions!? We'll probably lose to Man City and you'll come on here saying. "Oh we should have bought sooner, why is he still in the team he's awful we're going to finish bottom, would rather have finished 17th last season".

Take off your rose tinted spectacles, pull your head out the ground, unless we strengthen in key areas we are going to find ourselves anchored at the bottom of the premier league and being the regular whipping boys !

But we are clearly going to strengthen in key areas ? It's still a month until the new season.

I assume you havent heard Adkins say... "WE WILL BRING IN ANOTHER KEEPER" He's not an idiot, he knows we're short in that area hence why we've been linked with quite a few options this summer already. Can you not just go and then come back on the first day of the season and then give us your miserable predictions!? We'll probably lose to Man City and you'll come on here saying. "Oh we should have bought sooner, why is he still in the team he's awful we're going to finish bottom, would rather have finished 17th last season".

What a weak excuse. We have known that we have had a goalkeeper prblem since February....WHY HAVE WE NOT SORTED IT YET !!!!

Yes I am aware he is Glenn's mate Eileen - But sometimes you have to blow the gasket to breathe again...

Or just add him to your ignore list as many have. Then you never have to read his drivel and wont get wound up.

But we are clearly going to strengthen in key areas ? It's still a month until the new season.

He know's this. That is the art of the troll, to appear stupid whilst just about maintaining credibility. He preys on people's desire to look intelligent by posting stuff HE KNOWS is wrong, in order to trigger a response.

What a weak excuse. We have known that we have had a goalkeeper prblem since February....WHY HAVE WE NOT SORTED IT YET !!!!

What happened in February that made it an issue then? We had Bart and Davis then? Bart was fine as a no2 at NPC level. We're clearly looking at different options rather than just going for one. When you buy a TV....don't you shop around or do you just go into one shop and just buy any old TV for any price ?

Here we go again. I speak it as i see it. Not always what people want to hear but that is not the point.

It seems that the only defence 'some have is to call me a troll and denigrate a perfectly plausible if admittedly unpopular opnion.

Well you can ignore me if you like, but i live in the real world. The Dalek will not be silenced !

Here we go again. I speak it as i see it. Not always what people want to hear but that is not the point.

It seems that the only defence 'some have is to call me a troll and denigrate a perfectly plausible if admittedly unpopular opnion.

Well you can ignore me if you like, but i live in the real world. The Dalek will not be silenced !

we hear you.

we heard you last season

we heard you the season before that

well done

What happened in February that made it an issue then? We had Bart and Davis then? Bart was fine as a no2 at NPC level. We're clearly looking at different options rather than just going for one. When you buy a TV....don't you shop around or do you just go into one shop and just buy any old TV for any price ?

A TV ? The wireless is far superior, although why 5 live is not on FM yet who knows ?

To be fair to Dalek we do seem to labour in the transfer market. Some recruits over the next fortnight please. All Readings additions look good and I really don't want to finish below those chumps.

how do we....not many clubs have made a few signings yet..

christ

To be fair to Dalek we do seem to labour in the transfer market. Some recruits over the next fortnight please. All Readings additions look good and I really don't want to finish below those chumps.
Do they? Not sure any of them would improve us and would hope we are aiming higher than that!!