Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Why underwhelming? The guy is 21/22 and has caps for Argentina and over 60 la Liga games...

He was part of a not very impressive defence in a relegated side, question as to whether he is big enough (in terms of height) for the Prem, and caps for his country does not necessarily indicate a good player - Especially in the sometimes perplexing selections of the Argentine national team.

He is technically good on the ground which of course does fit our system, but I would much prefer to see at least one no-nonsense "big guy" with some experience back there for us.

someone is trolling, that is all - i am sooo over those people who, thinking they are big and clever, put up criptic posts about signings.

then we go through the ' will you PM me... kiss kiss...' ******

either put up in the forum, or shut up i say....

and, if you are acutally ITK... then you shouldn't be saying anything anyway!!!

someone is trolling, that is all - i am sooo over those people who, thinking they are big and clever, put up criptic posts about signings.

Tell us what you know

Some good news may be developing. That is all.

Clyne? Buttner? Someone else?

Butland ? Gazziniga ?

Clyne is signing today. That is all.

I'm going to take the dog out for a walk shortly. If they have not signed by the time I get back then I don't believe they will sign at all.

Not ITK, just a hunch.

All IMHO of coure.

To be fair to Guan, he did post something similar on the Buttner thread just before the announcement was made about Davis. I'm hoping he's right again this time too!

At different stages at signings, only a limited number of people know about transfers. If people tell you things, they say things like don't mention his nationality/age, etc, as many people at the club may know a player is signing, but only a few can identify which player. If people then come on here and say who it is, just to satisfy you, they put jobs at risk. So I think I'll just stick to letting fellow fans on here know when good things may be happening, Asshole.

At different stages at signings, only a limited number of people know about transfers. If people tell you things, they say things like don't mention his nationality/age, etc, as many people at the club may know a player is signing, but only a few can identify which player. If people then come on here and say who it is, just to satisfy you, they put jobs at risk. So I think I'll just stick to letting fellow fans on here know when good things may be happening, Asshole.

Fair point. So are you saying an announcement is imminent even if you may not know/don't want to say who it is?

Fair point. So are you saying an announcement is imminent even if you may not know/don't want to say who it is?

If a player is approached or in town, I won't say who it is (for reasons given), just let everybody know we might have good news : )

I went to a Wedding on Friday and Les Reed was also there. Unfortunately although I knew he would be at the evening bash and my plan was to ply him with drinks until he spilt some gossip I got far to drunk and was in no state to chat football. One or two people did try but he was predictably coy on all things related to transfers.

Shame really.good party and great hangover though

Probably that Reading are willing to offer bigger wages. What do you think?

It won't be that, because we've been told wages don't matter, it's all about the vision. That academy players will ignore £100k a week at Man U to stay at Saints and players will sign for us for less money than elsewhere because of the vision and the training facilities. Also not forgetting Southampton is near the sea and the new forest, it has the 7th best shopping centre in England and Portswood and Highfield junior schools are amoungst the best in Hampshire. Wages are irrelevant, weve been told.

Edited by Turkish

They don't need to accept bids, or reject bids. He's open to talk to whoever he wants to, if the club wants to be civil and discuss compo straight away then that's down to them, but the player is out of contract and no bids legally need to be made as it could go to a tribunal.

Isn't discussing pointless things what makes mongboards great sir?

I prefer "mongboarding" when it's based around ridiculous topics or essay length rants that lack coherence...

BTW where do you stand on the Cortese ponce debate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Kondogbia

is the midfielder/CB we want, but Reading have stolen a march.

Reading were reported to have had a bid accepted but McDermott stated yesterday that they would sign Mariappa and one other that they have had their eye on for a while, believed to be Chris Gunter or Danny Simpson. So perhaps they may have cooled their interest in him?

I have to say, I havent really heard of him but seems to be a strong player and still very young.

I prefer "mongboarding" when it's based around ridiculous topics or essay length rants that lack coherence...

BTW where do you stand on the Cortese ponce debate?

It brought shame on our club. I demand a blog from GWC giving his view on it so we know it's taken seriously.

Reading were reported to have had a bid accepted but McDermott stated yesterday that they would sign Mariappa and one other that they have had their eye on for a while, believed to be Chris Gunter or Danny Simpson. So perhaps they may have cooled their interest in him?

I have to say, I havent really heard of him but seems to be a strong player and still very young.

It does seem like they've moved away from this guy for whatever reason. He's your typical french/african powerhouse though and would do great in the PL imo. I assume we'd use him as a CB first and foremost if we did get him.

Also another note on Reading, they're pushing ahead on the Gunter deal - I heard over the w/e they were also trying to hijack the Clyne deal, so the fact that they're now pushing the Gunter deal through suggest to me that they were too late on the Clyne front.

Transfer Market Feed ‏@Signings_TDD

Swansea City have made a €2 million bid for Rayo Vallecano midfielder Michu according to @JonDoel1 . #twitterswans

He's going to cost a hell of alot more than that to be honest, he has a release clause of around 6 million euro's. So don't see why Rayo would accept anything less.

To be fair to Guan' date=' he did post something similar on the Buttner thread just before the announcement was made about Davis. I'm hoping he's right again this time too![/quote']

He also posted similar prior to Rodriguez..!

Does anyone know when the official squad numbers are announced? I'm still unsure about buying my shirt until I'm certain what name/number to get on the back.

I'd be pretty confident in getting Lallana's shirt as he'll keep 20, Lambo will keep 7 for sure and I believe Rodriguez has taken over number 9 from Barnard.