Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Summary for those who cannot listen?

- Hoped that deals had been completed earlier but it's difficult sometimes

- Won't comment until they have put pen to paper/hard work behind the scenes etc

- Says that deals that happen out of the blue are better than those brought into the media spotlight (alluding to Buttner perhaps?)

- Pre-season will give him a chance to see if players will be left behind and if the squad is strong enough

- Asked about rumours that Clyne is in talks, says "I can't see him here."

Edited by beavis17

Additions I'm hoping for:

GK

1/2 CBs

RB

RW

Left-sided player

I'm not a big fan of bringing a huge amount of players in, but as long as we can get them in sharpish, as we seem to be doing, then it gives them plenty of time to work together before the season starts.

Adkins, though, was more open when asked about the positions that need upgrading.

"We're going to improve the group," he said. "It is fair to say we are going to need to bring another goalkeeper in as Bartosz [bialkowski] did ever so well for us but didn't play enough games.

"We've allowed him to move on to Notts County and I am sure he will have a great career up there. We will bring another one if not two goalkeepers into the fold.

"From a defensive point of view, as part of the development we have got we want to bring 50% of the youngsters through the youth team structure,

"Aaron Martin, who has waited patiently on the bench, has gone to Crystal Palace for a half season or full season of games to aid his development.

"With Radhi Jaidi retiring and the uncertainty over Dan Seaborne coming back, we will be bringing another one if not two centre-halves into the football club to keep improving."

I find it hard to beleive that we let Martin and Bart go without having replacements lined up already. IMO, they were both capable of doing a job as backup. Obviously, we want improvement in those areas too, not just backup, but as I say, I should think its a dead cert that we'll see new faces in these positions to challenge the current first teamers.

Any reason?

He's at the right age, has experience both internationally and in Serie A and looks unlikely to return to his club Wolfsburg or Roma, where he was on loan at last season.

Plus he has said he would be keen on a move to the Premier League, so I would be surprised if there is no interest at all from ourselves if true.

I find it hard to beleive that we let Martin and Bart go without having replacements lined up already. IMO, they were both capable of doing a job as backup. Obviously, we want improvement in those areas too, not just backup, but as I say, I should think its a dead cert that we'll see new faces in these positions to challenge the current first teamers.

I would guess because Martin is on loan we have the option to recall him anytime we want. Bart going without a replacement definitely lined up does seem a little worrying right now though.

I would guess because Martin is on loan we have the option to recall him anytime we want. Bart going without a replacement definitely lined up does seem a little worrying right now though.

We can't as far as I know. It's a full season loan without a recall