Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Clyne would be a good signing but I just dont get it? Why bid £5m for Naughton if we have Clyne lined up? Unless we're looking for 2 new RB's and shipping out both Richardson and Butterfield...

I would rather have Naughton TBH but in terms of value maybe Clyne is better.

Now in the mirror, mail and star. I'll speak to my source in the morning Although I'm on customer site tomorrow so might not have mong board access until mid afternoon.

Mid- afternoon?? You can finish him off before then, surely?

Update....

Just had a text back, the clyne deal is definitely a goer, offer on the table to the player, although not all done and dusted between us and Palace Apparantly. no official bid for Zaha, yet.....

How can we offer the player a deal if we haven't agreed a deal with Palace?

Mid- afternoon?? You can finish him off before then, surely?

Depends on I they want me to do any work or just sit around chatting to people and drinking coffee. Sadly July Is a busy month for us so I might have to close some business tomorrow.

Edited by Turkish

How can we offer the player a deal if we haven't agreed a deal with Palace?

He's out of contract, but if we can't agree a few it'll go to a tribunral, which neither club want to do. We can speak to him but still need to tie up a deal with Palace to avoid the tribunral.

Depends on I they want me to do any work or just sit around chatting to people and drinking coffee. Sadly July I'd a busy month for us so I might have to close some business tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to spain on monday for a fortnight. Hopefully some ITK'er will keep me posted on developments by text.

If the Clyne rumour is true then it might give a good indication of how we can expect the team to play next season, especially if we sign Buttner. Both seem to have their main strengths offensively so perhaps we'll have to rely on width in the fullback or even wingback areas......or it could mean NA just thinks without some pace at the back we'll get punished. Clyne seems a good little player although he was nullified fairly easily I thought both times we played Palace. If we do sign him then I wouldn't expect a right winger to start in front of him too often though - we'll need someone to fill in and cover and maybe where the likes of Chaplow and Guly get their chance.

There's always the chance we could offer them Butters as compensation to stop it going to a tribunal. Would make sense, decent Championship RB who has a good history with Palace. Wouldn't be needed here either.

Could offer Puncheon too.

There's always the chance we could offer them Butters as compensation to stop it going to a tribunal. Would make sense, decent Championship RB who has a good history with Palace. Wouldn't be needed here either.

I doubt any of our fringe players will be that keen to move on so soon after getting their promotion pay rises.

Could offer Puncheon too.

Puncheon has no link with Palace, whereas Butters does. It's not impossible, just less likely.

I doubt any of our fringe players will be that keen to move on so soon after getting their promotion pay rises.

It depends on the player. Butterfield is 32 and has 1 year left on his contract. Maybe he would prefer a 2 year contract and regular football at Palace, rather than being frozen out at Saints and looking for a club in 12 months.

I

Why do you say that? I called this in early June before anyone else was talking about it.

A few people called it before you in June. You waited until after the news last night in the mirror to say you got a text.

Also you get touchy we people suggest your not ITK. Its like you crave being ITK. If you were really ITK you shouldnt be bothered by what others say.

Edited by SaintNeil90

A few people called it before you in June. You waited until after the news last night in the mirror to say you got a text.

Check the thread I linked earlier. People were saying he was worth a bid but we probably wouldnt get him. I said we were interested along with other clubs. I don't give a f*ck if people don't believe me.

It was mentioned we were interested in him last summer! Why does it matter if you're 'ITK' anyway ?!

as i said, i dont give a f*ck, just pointing out that back in June when someone put a thread on about it i said we were interested along with other clubs and may be offering him a deal soon, including Newcastle, who have also spoken to him since. it's fine, i just wont bother posting any future snippets i hear or i'll make reference to things and them pm people i get on with on here so we can all make cryptic references to being iTk as seems to be the way of doing things on mong boards. You lot can stick to endlessly speculating about players that are good on football manager.

Edited by Turkish

You won't see me boasting on here Turkey over Michu.

;)

What I do know is that the 2 deals that Adkins wanted 3 weeks ago was expected to be Butland & Michu. The problem is getting them at the right price, I thought going for Davis was the end of Michu but perhaps the Davis deal might of run into problems?

Edited by Pilchards