Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Replied to me that "It's had a mentioned".

http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/784/transfer-pemain/2012/07/12/3237385/alexander-buttner-jalani-tes-medis-southampton-akhir-pekan?source=breakingnews

According to Algemeen Dagblad , Alexander Buttner transfer went ahead and planned the 23-year player was in Southampton to undergo medical tests later than Friday (13/7) tomorrow.Transfer Buttner doomed to fail because of Vitesse Arnhem have revealed the involvement of a third party requesting the part of the deal. Southampton reportedly made ​​an offer of € 8 million received by Vitesse. Buttner did not encounter significant problems when it agreed on a personal contract with the club's Premier League campaign.

http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/784/transfer-pemain/2012/07/12/3237385/alexander-buttner-jalani-tes-medis-southampton-akhir-pekan?source=breakingnews

According to Algemeen Dagblad , Alexander Buttner transfer went ahead and planned the 23-year player was in Southampton to undergo medical tests later than Friday (13/7) tomorrow.Transfer Buttner doomed to fail because of Vitesse Arnhem have revealed the involvement of a third party requesting the part of the deal. Southampton reportedly made ​​an offer of € 8 million received by Vitesse. Buttner did not encounter significant problems when it agreed on a personal contract with the club's Premier League campaign.

:scared:

I do hope not!

Not a chance in hell I'd swap strike forces even if they did have those 2. One unknown quantity and one individual mercenary who can't pass. Goals probably, team progression no. Anyone that is so driven by money that they sign for PFC, a club with no training ground, no infrastructure and playing in a shed, can pretty much fck off.

Yeah, I'd rather my club struggled at the bottom of the league in a relegation scrap than snapped up a proven top flight striker like Defoe. It's hardly a shock to see a premier league striker move clubs for a quick pay packet. And he was class at Pompey, same as WHU and Spurs. If strikers aren't a bit greedy and selfish they don't tend to score very often.

The club have said that the foundation of our transfer policy is to sign young, talented and preferably English players who also meet a defined criteria regarding attitude and personality.......and people think we would sign Jermaine Defoe?

Would he be worth breaking our wage structure for? He'll be looking for his last pay day.

A relegation magnet.

No, Brum got relegated because they couldn't score goals (lowest in the Prem when they went down). Their defence was comfortably midtable. Blackburn had several tallented players, including Dann, but were terribly managed.

I'd be very happy if we got him.

You may be right, but I still have a feeling their 'great defence' was helped hugely by playing a defensive midfield and basically no attack. If you set up not to concede goals, defenders are going to look good as there's usually a helping hand for them, cover for mistakes and plenty of clean sheets.

That said, we're so short of CBs I'd be happy to sign him.

I'd have said that was the mark of a good team, rather than just a defensive one. Last season we had a decent defensive midfield with the likes of Cork, Morgan, Dean and Chaplow all working hard and tracking back to protect our defence. We had the second best defence in the League but we were still the top goal scorers because we had a good, well balanced midfield.

nixon says the player has had a mention previously, so we can now narrow it down to about 100 players lol

its not schmichael because nixon says this player is good and he has previously tweeted saying he doubts KS is prem quality.

my wishful thinking is zaha, ince or phillips.

Jarvis or Keegan.

The club have said that the foundation of our transfer policy is to sign young, talented and preferably English players who also meet a defined criteria regarding attitude and personality.......and people think we would sign Jermaine Defoe?

Would he be worth breaking our wage structure for? He'll be looking for his last pay day.

So why did we sign Steven Davis then? Only 1 out of 2 signings has fit your 'criteria'... Just because we want young hungry and english doesnt mean we wont sign some experience too.

Edited by SaintNeil90

So why did we sign Steven Davis then? Only 1 out of 2 signings has fit your 'criteria'... Just because we want young hungry and english doesnt mean we wont sign some experience too.

1. Davis is 27 not 30

2. Davis fits into the wage structure. Defoe is on 60K + a week. Do you really think it's worth paying him upwards of that? This is his last chance for a big pay day so you can gaurentee you'd have too.

3. I don't know anything about Davis but Defoe definitely comes across as a bit of a knob.

4. It's not my criteria, it's the clubs

5. Other than Davis, nearly every player we have been consistently linked with does fit the criteria