Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Not sure why you need help understading this! A person on twitter claiming to be a football agent has a meeting with Saints at 9am!

I'm not on Twitter (very apt name) and those that are on Twitter, use a different English to me. Thanks for explaining it to me.

Although I'm a huge fan of Richardson and always have been since he has been here, I just feel that Naughton would boost the RB slot by quite a bit and give us 2 decent options. Very solid defensively but can get forward and put in some decent crosses.

Especially after his success on loan at Norwich last season, I'd happily spend 5m-6m on him. Him and Frazer would be more than good enough for the first season back.

Tottenham’s new boss Andre Villas-Boas wants a good look at Kyle Naughton before deciding on a £5million bid from Southampton.

Saints are willing to pay close to Spurs’ valuation for Naughton. But AVB wants to see the defender, 23, up close and probably in pre-season games first.

Naughton was loaned to Norwich last season and Spurs recently priced Aston Villa out of a move for him.

I can't see him being able to get the right back spot from Walker, so just depends if he is happy being back up or not. As his age i think he would be wanting to play first team football, hence why he went to Norwich last season.

Not sure why you need help understading this! A person on twitter claiming to be a football agent has a meeting with Saints at 9am!

No, he says just he's on his way to Southampton. There are other reasons for doing that than having a meeting with Saints.

Breaking news from Sky Sports Transfer site ...

• Rudi Skacel says he is ready for a new challenge after not being offered a fresh contract by Hearts. However, Hearts have not ruled out offering Skacel an extension as the club review their budget.
    by @skysportsbucko 2:45 PM

Quick, get him in! Has he signed yet? :)

OMG - That's hilarious. It must be a laugh a minute on a social with you. I can't stop laughing. Rapier wit. How did you get that idea, cos the club never announced Skacel's signing? Tell me, tell me!?! It must have been even funnier at the time, I can imagine the shrieks of laughter and tom foolery in those popular and trendy bars you must frequent. Once the funniest joke on The Saints Web, all those years back yet you resurface the joke now. What a comic genius. Absolutely priceless! :lol::uhoh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OMG - That's hilarious. It must be a laugh a minute on a social with you. I can't stop laughing. Rapier wit. How did you get that idea, cos the club never announced Skacel's signing? Tell me, tell me!?! It must have been even funnier at the time, I can imagine the shrieks of laughter and tom foolery in those popular and trendy bars you must frequent. Once the funniest joke on The Saints Web, all those years back yet you resurface the joke now. What a comic genius. Absolutely priceless! :lol::uhoh::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, it really wasn't

I suspect you are annoyed because you didnt think of it first............

Think you need to get out more pal.

Aside from the mind numbing tedium of reading that same Skacel joke on here every week for over 6 years, I've actually been following him on twitter. That bloke can't half wind up the Hibs fans when he wants to, it's a shame he never played Pompey whilst he was here.

Why? Lambert has a lot more to his game than Carroll does. Carroll's touch is abysmal and he doesn't have the footballing brain Rickie does.

Yea but Carroll is much younger so by the time he is Rickies age he will have learned to control and kick a ball properly..... apparently

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

There's a surprisingly good Reading signing tale that affects Bolton ... and Southampton. Mirror online later.

Hmm

It's positive for Bolton apparently. My loose guess would be a Reading player to Bolton and we shift Puncheon on to the Royals.

We were apparently looking at a couple of midfielders from Euorpe as a backup to Davis, but once we sorted out Davis we didn't need to pursue them, so I don't think this is a case of missing out. We got our number 1 target I'm sure.

Isn't Nixon talking about Buttner??

Buttner is a left back though, and I'm not sure what Bolton would have to do with that one.

Bolton were also in for a very talented young midfield from Europe a few weeks back, so assuming it's the same one. no idea on the name though

Buttner is a left back though, and I'm not sure what Bolton would have to do with that one.

Bolton were also in for a very talented young midfield from Europe a few weeks back, so assuming it's the same one. no idea on the name though

Buttner is also a left midfielder

Isn't Nixon talking about Buttner??

Buttner is also a left midfielder

Nixon is talking about a central midfielder.

"Centre. Unlike any player u have. Big, strong boy."

That really doesn't match Buttner.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Seems people on Twitter have worked out/guessed he may be talking about Michu and the Bolton part is some Sanchez guy.

Sounds liek it may be Michu I guess, but I don't really see a position for him now we have Davis tbh, the last thing we want is to overcrowd everthing.

Ok, a my mate in the pub moment so a pinch of salt required........my work mate lives in Coventry and lives very close to Conor Thomas and his family. He told me on Monday that the chat in the White Lion in Allesley Was that Conor Thomas has been talking to Saints. He and his Dad were at St Marys last week and were impressed. Just passing on what i was told, but my mate is very honest and has no reason to lie.

Ok, a my mate in the pub moment so a pinch of salt required........my work mate lives in Coventry and lives very close to Conor Thomas and his family. He told me on Monday that the chat in the White Lion in Allesley Was that Conor Thomas has been talking to Saints. He and his Dad were at St Marys last week and were impressed. Just passing on what i was told, but my mate is very honest and has no reason to lie.

I love that all rumours are finished off by that. Thanks for the info anyway, rumours make this place more interesting.

Nixon is talking about a central midfielder.

"Centre. Unlike any player u have. Big, strong boy."

That really doesn't match Buttner.

It matched him when I posted that...since then you found out it was central its easy being cocky and pedantic after the fact

That was me guessing about Michu, I have no idea what is going on, but he mentioned he was foreign and i guess it could have a knockon effect meaning someone goes to bolton from reading as well.....

Reading (no pun intended) the facts I see it as:

* Foreign centre midfield player is signing for Reading

* Saints were/are interested in that player

* The signing means Reading are no longer in for Carlos Sanchez (Good news for Bolton)

Cant be Buttner as he is a left sided player and not central. He is also not big & strong as suggested by Nixon...

Michu I think is a good shout but it could also be a player we haven't been publicly linked with.