Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I'm not saying he will, and as with the last argument you seem to miss the point that we have no influence over who we sign.

However, he is the kind of player we should be looking at signing, especially if he signs a new contract at the club he declared he was going to leave in January, that will be in the Championship next season. That is the point.

I'm not saying he will, and as with the last argument you seem to miss the point that we have no influence over who we sign.

However, he is the kind of player we should be looking at signing, especially if he signs a new contract at the club he declared he was going to leave in January, that will be in the Championship next season. That is the point.

lets see if he actually becomes an NPC player

I would have thought Lambert or Lallana would have been out of reach of norwich last season.....even if they had never played, let alone stood out in the prem

"The Canadian star has been linked with Newcastle United, Sunderland and QPR, while there is also believed to be interest from abroad, including German side Borussia Monchengladbach."

Not exactly worldbeaters are they, although I think if Newcastle wanted him he would be off there?

Are you saying that we are bigger than Everton and Aston Villa?

I reckon we might see Cork moved out there & Davis in the middle.......................so we can go 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 with more fluidity pushing Adam up with Jay Rod & Ricky.

If you watched ManUre at their best Ronaldo, Rooney & Berbatov rotated constantly so that at any time one could would be upfront & the other 2 on either wing. I can see us trying to isolate full backs. Both Rickie & Jay Rod at the back post allowing others through the middle.

That said, we desperately need some pace in the side.

Yes, you could well be correct, although all the players I've mentioned could possibly do the same job.

Interestingly, I thought when Guly was brought on in a couple of the last games of last season, he seemed to be playing a lot deeper than normal (in fact he looked a bit lost to me), so I wonder whether he was being tested to see if he could play in a more holding role? Chaplow, when he was fit, gave a good account of himself and actually displaced others at one stage, probably due to his strength and energy - his goal against Man Utd (bursting into the box from the right) will be fondly remembered. The only big uncertainty to my mind is Puncheon, who could provide some options for the right, but it looks more likely that he will either move or rot in the development team for a bit longer.

IF we sign a pacey RB who had the ability to get forward like Johnson and Cole for example, then your scenario would definately make a lot of sense.

Moaning about people moaning. Sigh.

Looks very much like you're moaning about those who moan about the moaners Hypo ... and before you say it that's not a moan on my part, merely an observation! ;)

Round up from football rumours website:

Scott Dann 5.5m

Stephen Ireland 2-3m

Az Alkmaar player Rasmus Elm

Christian Tello from Barcelona (loan)

Steele (4.5m)

Jack Rodwell

Celtic Defensive Midfielder Victor Wanyama

Chris Eages 4m

Danny Simpson

Nathan Redmond

Got to love that place - I think our squad is going to be too big.

Still have no idea who we are going to sign, but am excited to find out.

I am sure we will keep with the club trend of buying players that fit in with the rest of the squad. Some of the names I have heard are complete tosh, as there is no way we will sign billy big balls on a lot of money, as this will upset the apple cart.

Still have no idea who we are going to sign, but am excited to find out.

I am sure we will keep with the club trend of buying players that fit in with the rest of the squad. Some of the names I have heard are complete tosh, as there is no way we will sign billy big balls on a lot of money, as this will upset the apple cart.

When did we get an apple cart?

Not ambitious enough....

Deppo tweeted this earlier:

Just to let all #saintsfc fans know - look out for a big news story tomorrow. That's all I'm saying. COYR

RE: my last tweet - or it might be Tuesday. COYR! #saintsfc

@Looweee Not that. I can't say but it is a big #saintsfc story. COYR!

Think it's probably just a wind-up/**** take myself. Have no clue if Deppo is known for being ITK or not.

Yes wind up,mwhen I questioned this today, he did not know what I was on about,mand then said it rhymes with Bowen carleaves, but I think he means sounds like.

No way the club would sign him, as mentioned he does not fit the Southampton set up! All ball!

Yes wind up,mwhen I questioned this today, he did not know what I was on about,mand then said it rhymes with Bowen carleaves, but I think he means sounds like.

No way the club would sign him, as mentioned he does not fit the Southampton set up! All ball!

Bowen carleaves does rhyme with owen hargreaves. Here, let me show you

Deppo said we would sign bowen carleaves

But we all knew it was owen hargreaves

There.

I do not think this statagey will work, as they will have to pay through the nose, and it is not a team for the future. Not the right way IMO

People keep saying it yet they keep doing it.

Last summer we were sure they did not have a pop to wee in, yet they bought loads of players. This year we thought there was no way they were going to make any decent signings, yet they will do

@FourthOfficial_: For those asking I’m en route to Southampton (yes at 3.30am) so twitter is occupying me!

On twitter says he has to be there for 9am.

Would someone please decipher this for me?

Tottenham’s new boss Andre Villas-Boas wants a good look at Kyle Naughton before deciding on a £5million bid from Southampton.

Saints are willing to pay close to Spurs’ valuation for Naughton. But AVB wants to see the defender, 23, up close and probably in pre-season games first.

Naughton was loaned to Norwich last season and Spurs recently priced Aston Villa out of a move for him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-close-in-on-joao-moutinho-to-leave-1138386