Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Perhaps' date=' though Davis can be quite attacking it seems, and we can always play Lallana in there. It all depends on the formation(s) NA is planning to go with I suppose.[/quote']

It will be interesting to see what formation(s) we go with. NA does seem to like a midfield diamond.

Bolton and Southampton have both submitted bids for Bristol City MF Albert Adomah.Both in region of £2million. #BWFC #SAINTSFC #BCFC #SAINTS

This is from the guy who broke the news of Wayne Bridge's move to Brighton first.

IF it is true then he deserves to rot in the City reserves. I can't believe these football players who earn in a week what others earn in years and they won't take a small drop in wages to play regular first team football. It highlights the problem with a lot of the young English players today. They no longer play for the love of the game but for the wages. No wonder we have such a rubbish nation team.

IF it is true then he deserves to rot in the City reserves. I can't believe these football players who earn in a week what others earn in years and they won't take a small drop in wages to play regular first team football. It highlights the problem with a lot of the young English players today. They no longer play for the love of the game but for the wages. No wonder we have such a rubbish nation team.

Not his fault that City are prepared to pay stupid wages (that to them is a drop in the ocean). Sunderland's wage cap is a hell of a lot of money to us mere mortals but it isn't a "small drop" from £85k to £60k it's £1.3Million per year.

Not his fault that City are prepared to pay stupid wages (that to them is a drop in the ocean). Sunderland's wage cap is a hell of a lot of money to us mere mortals but it isn't a "small drop" from £85k to £60k it's £1.3Million per year.

I agree, but if he wants to move away from the top paying club in the country, he has to accept that he's gonna have to take a wage drop, but you know, these kind of players seem to be happy to warm the bench for £80k a week. It's madness.

If players were paid a lower basic wage with a mins played bonus, then they might reconsider their position in the squad. Warming the bench? Here's £40k. Get an extra £500 per minute played.

Quite a few rumours going around Twitter today that we've agreed a fee / shown an interest with Leicester for Kasper Schmeichel.

As I said, RUMOURS but it'd be a quality signing - prefer him to Butland tbh.

Edited by itchen_dan

Quite a few rumours going around Twitter today that we've agreed a fee / shown an interest with Leicester for Kasper Schmeichel.

As I said, RUMOURS but it'd be a quality signing - prefer him to Butland tbh.

£3m Apparantly. Spurs also interested, according to twitter.

After someone asked him about the Adamoah rumour, Alan Nixon, who seems to know a lot about whats going on here now tweeted:

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

@graemeflan There is a club in for Adomah. Neither of the two mentioned.

A few weeks ago (29 May) the Echo ran a story on Jason Puncheon

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/9731418.Punch_lined_up_for_Saints_exit_/

Puncheon has spilt from his former agent, Tony Finnigan, in a bid to smooth relations with the club. Finnigan had some well publicised disagreements with Saints over their handling of Puncheon, who fell wildly out of favour after Nigel Adkins took over. After several loan spells and plenty of acrimony......

If you google "Tony Finnigan Football Agent" it returns

http://www.playersloungeltd.com/players.html

and one of the player listed is Albert Adomah at Bristol City.

It might be the Echo was talking rubbish in May or it might be that the player might have changed his agent recently but if both are correct I don't see "The Don" doing a deal.

I wonder if Danny Simpson is a target for rb? See some rumours on twitter and surely we can persuade him we are a far better bet than Reading long term for him? Who would people prefer Simpson,Clyne or Trippier assuming rumours are correct and we are considering all of them or would you stick with our current rb's?

not saying we are

Was listening to martin allen on talksport earlier and he is saying several premireship clubs intrested in his goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga. wonder if we are one. As regards butland don't think its a go'er brum getting silly with the transfer fee.

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10416~56644,00.html

I wonder if Danny Simpson is a target for rb? See some rumours on twitter and surely we can persuade him we are a far better bet than Reading long term for him? Who would people prefer Simpson,Clyne or Trippier assuming rumours are correct and we are considering all of them or would you stick with our current rb's?

The same Danny Simpson that thinks he's too big for Newcastle, and should be paid herocious wages each week?

Great player, but no thanks. He's a Reading/QPR/West Ham signing if ever I saw one.

Think Trippier is most likely for us to get out of the three considering our recent Burnley connections.

The same Danny Simpson that thinks he's too big for Newcastle, and should be paid herocious wages each week?

Great player, but no thanks. He's a Reading/QPR/West Ham signing if ever I saw one.

Think Trippier is most likely for us to get out of the three considering our recent Burnley connections.

I read in an article he asked NUFC for a pay rise because he is on £15k p/w. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I read in an article he asked NUFC for a pay rise because he is on £15k p/w. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

According to this he is on less than £15k and turned down £25k a week. Be surprised if we were going to offer much more than that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9256647/Newcastle-United-right-back-Danny-Simpson-rejects-offer-Leon-Best-and-Danny-Guthrie-set-join-Aston-Villa.html

Kyle Naughton?

Southampton have had a £5m bid for Kyle Naughton rejected. #THFC #Saints

Was in the Sunday People this morning. Alan Nixon thinks there might be something in it. Spurs want £6m. Villa wanted him but went for Lowton instead. Wonder why?