Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Forster has just signed for Celtic, so thats a keeper mentioned on here gone elsewhere. Wonder who we will go for if we don't follow up on Butland?

Interesting. The keeper merry-go-round saw Celtic not agree terms with Craig Gordon prior to them concluding the Forster deal...

Just asked a QPR supporting friend about him....

On Mackie, there's no way I can see QPR letting him go. He only signed a contract extension a couple of months ago and came runner up in our player of the year. I think it's a bit of lazy journalism because the full article said that as we bought in Johnson and have Zamora & Cisse... and that Mackie has been pushed down the pecking order... But since he's signed for us, I've never once seen him play upfront. So as I see it, he will still start right midfield ahead of Wright-Phillips.

He's one of our best players, I would be devastated if he left... But I wouldn't read too much into it.

Exactly this, Hes played all his games at RW with the exception of playing both RW and RB when we went down to 10 men and sometimes playing LW. Never up front.

Yep, a poor man's milner, though if we play a diamond, would provide decent defensive and attacking balance.

Christ, you mean he's even worse at the doing the little else except running around covering space role?

jesus...

Mackie is class

Really? I always thought of him of a mid table championship striker, who comes on for QPR because they need a change.

Might be wrong though, I've not seen that much of him, but never been great when I have. Sure we could do better than him though.

Really? I always thought of him of a mid table championship striker, who comes on for QPR because they need a change.

Might be wrong though, I've not seen that much of him, but never been great when I have. Sure we could do better than him though.

He was one of their best players last season from what I saw and scored some top quality and important goals. I'm sure Fyler can correct me if I'm wrong though.

But another player who is written off has "not good enough" or "could do better". Who exactly is good enough to play for Saints? Certainly not Mackie, Owen, Huddlestone, Mariappa, Clyne (because Lambert beat him in the air) etc etc.

Not from what I've seen of him, admitably thats not a lot, I'd happily be proved wrong though, but wouldnt get too optimistic if he were to join.

I have seen him loads.

He is class...works tirelessly up and down the right, great touch and pace.

scores goals too and turns up for the big games

I expect him to continue to do very well for QPR again this season

you could see he was going to be good when he was down here at Argyle

Steven Caulker, highly rated by Spurs and who has just signed a new long term contract, looked pretty good at Swansea. Loan maybe? Just a thought off the top of my head.

Would be a good loan option but wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at spurs next season. They are woefully short at CB.

The latest offering from Football Rumours...

05 Jul 2012 09:51:25

Greame Bailey revealed on SSN 2 days ago that Southampton will make a massive signing that will rock english football - FACT

Jack Rodwell was at saints training ground on Friday - this is a fact

Don't know if a transfer is in place, dont know a fee, dont know a wage ... for all i know he may be visiting friends or checking out the new youth set up

But i can guarentee you he was at the training ground and i have a photo to prove it.

The latest offering from Football Rumours...

05 Jul 2012 09:51:25

Greame Bailey revealed on SSN 2 days ago that Southampton will make a massive signing that will rock english football - FACT

I don't think he did. Think someone is just making it up..

Great minds ... I was thinking exactly the same thing the other day and then this came up yesterday ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/vladimir-weiss-set-for-manchester-city-exit-7912055.html

I wonder who's made him an offer and what sort of wage he's pulling at City?

Really hope we are the ones bidding for him!

Even if FM estimates his current wage at somewhere around 20k per week, which is a lot at 22 (though probably not out of the clubs wage budget)

Get Dedryck Boyata out of City's reserve team too

Probably not even worth mentioning, but my Chelsea supporting Plummer just said he'd heard a rumour we're signing Soloman Kalou

Was a mummer in the office at Cobham about this before he was realesed. Feyenord was another possibility.

Yes I don't rate him at all just my opinion, ask Chelsea fans he's played 155 apps and they still don't know if hes any good.

This is Chelsea, one of the top clubs in Europe and the Champions League winners. If he hasn't looked that good for them, that doesn't mean he's not good enough for us.

In fact he would walk into our team. Fact.

Naismith...great signing for Rangers. Will turn out to be a very good player in the Premiership. One of a few Rangers players that are good enough. Shame we didn't go in for him.

Where would he play though?

Lee, Lambert, Rodriguez, Sharp, Guly.........

I'm more happy that we focus on the positions that are light in quality!

He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but he'd be an unnecessary signing in my opinion.

Bloody hell, next thing we,ll get those morris dancers identifying transfer targets. The bells get on my wick.

Well bearing in mind, the office is at Cobham, Stoke Road, Surrey. Might of had some legs to it.