Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I think Huddlestone might have had the same problem as Lee Holmes, they both played too much too young whilst at Derby. Both were pretty much first team regulars at the age of 16/17 under Burley. Burley has a bit of a habit of doing this, I remember he played Bale until he was knackered in the second half of our playoff season. Then when he went to Spurs he picked up a few injuries IIRC.

I think Huddlestone might have had the same problem as Lee Holmes, they both played too much too young whilst at Derby. Both were pretty much first team regulars at the age of 16/17 under Burley. Burley has a bit of a habit of doing this, I remember he played Bale until he was knackered in the second half of our playoff season. Then when he went to Spurs he picked up a few injuries IIRC.

Thats harsh on Huddlestone. He has played well for one of the better Prem teams and before he got injured made a couple of England squads.

He is having a good career bar this injury. Holmes isn't.

We keep being linked with the Yank midfielder Brek Shea which would be amazing for use of the headlines

Brek signing is Shea class

Saints Brek bank to get Shea

*considers order for 20,000 Shea Guevara style t-shirts with Breks face as the image*

We keep being linked with the Yank midfielder Brek Shea which would be amazing for use of the headlines

*considers order for 20,000 Shea Guevara style t-shirts with Breks face as the image*

I spoke to Grant Wahl, the leading soccerball journalist over there, and he reckons Shea is the real deal. I told him that he once said the exact same thing about Freddy Adu and he went rather quiet.

As for the t-shirts, yes, we'll have some of that. Also Brek Shea's face in the Barack Obama type pictures 'Shea Quality' instead of 'Change' or whatever. Can we arrange a meeting to discuss designs etc? PM me.

I have seen brek Shea play over here in Toronto. MLS is **** poor but he stood out head and shoulders from the rest. Quick skillful, tall and direct with a great shot.

Any links on this speculation?

Unfortunately not, but he did have a trial with Arsenal this year, I've just read.

Brek Shea House

Just a gut feeling, there's not much transfer activity apart from the Buttner bloke and that is looking increasingly unlikely, so I reckon 1st-5th August for the 2nd signing.

I'll bet your mortgage that we have at least one signing in before the end of July

Just a gut feeling, there's not much transfer activity apart from the Buttner bloke and that is looking increasingly unlikely, so I reckon 1st-5th August for the 2nd signing.

There might be a huge amount of transfer activity going on, just not many rumours leaking out. I bet they are trying very hard to get players signed and hopefully we will see 1 or 2 new faces in the next few weeks.

Expect a signing tomorrow then.

I have seen brek Shea play over here in Toronto. MLS is **** poor but he stood out head and shoulders from the rest. Quick skillful, tall and direct with a great shot.

Any links on this speculation?

Since he's quick ... BrekFast it is then! :D

I spoke to Grant Wahl, the leading soccerball journalist over there, and he reckons Shea is the real deal. I told him that he once said the exact same thing about Freddy Adu and he went rather quiet.

As for the t-shirts, yes, we'll have some of that. Also Brek Shea's face in the Barack Obama type pictures 'Shea Quality' instead of 'Change' or whatever. Can we arrange a meeting to discuss designs etc? PM me.

Lets hope it happens or else

Adkins is 50 Sheas of Grey as American deal Breks down.

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

@Caalluummm Seem to be looking at new midfielders. Which suggests they are not over-confident on likes of Buttner and Davis. Or just careful

@adkinsisourking @caalluummm Looking at two abroad. No names until I'm ready to write it.

@adkinsisourking Both central. Young. Very good.

@Caalluummm Seem to be looking at new midfielders. Which suggests they are not over-confident on likes of Buttner and Davis. Or just careful

@adkinsisourking @caalluummm Looking at two abroad. No names until I'm ready to write it.

@adkinsisourking Both central. Young. Very good.

That's all about keeping your options open to be honest.

It doesn't mean any deal is less likely to happen today, than it was yesterday, it just means that we aren't hedging our bets and are working on alternatives should these not happen. Sensible way to work and do things, and I'm pretty confident that there is a hell of alot going in behind the scenes. Not sure why people seeem to think we're doing nothing just because there aren't any rumours, which is really surprising considering how we've acted over the past few years - signings happen that are out of the blue alot of the time.

Yeah, that has alot to do with the size of the club, doesn't it.

What then, other than achievements, can accurately demonstrate the size of a club? I'd argue that there's a very strong correlation between clubs that make appearances in European finals and 'big' clubs - moreso, perhaps, than average attendances or similar vacuous measures.

Don't be sure about that Dave. I remember when you told me you thought Schneiderlin offered less than Jermaine Wright...not sure I trust your judgement!

You got me there Ron. Must have had too many Old Speckled Hens

Do you think we will get someone in to play right midfield this season? We don't seem to be linked with anyone who can play here, so wonder if we are going to make do with Guly and Chaplow (and possibly Punchen)?

Do you think we will get someone in to play right midfield this season? We don't seem to be linked with anyone who can play here, so wonder if we are going to make do with Guly and Chaplow (and possibly Punchen)?

I very much hope so.

Mackie isn't really a striker. He's been very good. Would be just like QPR to get rid of him and replace him with an overpaid ego. Would be delighted if we benefit from that, but still seems unlikely.

Just asked a QPR supporting friend about him....

On Mackie, there's no way I can see QPR letting him go. He only signed a contract extension a couple of months ago and came runner up in our player of the year. I think it's a bit of lazy journalism because the full article said that as we bought in Johnson and have Zamora & Cisse... and that Mackie has been pushed down the pecking order... But since he's signed for us, I've never once seen him play upfront. So as I see it, he will still start right midfield ahead of Wright-Phillips.

He's one of our best players, I would be devastated if he left... But I wouldn't read too much into it.

Several people suggested that Michu might have been intended for this role.