Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I would be well pleased with that signing.

That seemed to me the most likely available slot we are looking to fill, and the one he might well end up in.Wonder how we'll juggle him and Kevin De Bruyne should that one happen as speculated a week or so ago.

He's left footed, though that's not necessarily an obstacle to playing on the right.

Sounds like a vamped up version of chaplow -sometimes erratic in possession but box-to-box and great at making runs into the box.

He's left footed, though that's not necessarily an obstacle to playing on the right.

Sounds like a vamped up version of chaplow -sometimes erratic in possession but box-to-box and great at making runs into the box.

Also being over 6 ft and apparently very strong physically would mean, if partnered with Schneiderlin that even the more physical sides in the league will have trouble trying to overpower us in the middle of the park.

Also being over 6 ft and apparently very strong physically would mean, if partnered with Schneiderlin that even the more physical sides in the league will have trouble trying to overpower us in the middle of the park.

Yep would provide that elusive balance in the middle -and still leave room for some genuine pace and width (still a priority IMO). Either way, fits the mould of having players who can play in several different positions and is another 6+ footer - we must have one of the biggest teams around.

Little bit going around on Twitter about Owen Hargreaves.

Then I found this from yesterday.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/22/southampton-eye-risky-deal-for-injury-plagued-owen-hargreaves/

If we could get him fit, would be a phenomenal signing. I just think no matter how good Adkins or our sport science staff are, if City couldn't get him fit, then we don't stand much chance to be honest.

Little bit going around on Twitter about Owen Hargreaves.

Then I found this from yesterday.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/06/22/southampton-eye-risky-deal-for-injury-plagued-owen-hargreaves/

If we could get him fit, would be a phenomenal signing. I just think no matter how good Adkins or our sport science staff are, if City couldn't get him fit, then we don't stand much chance to be honest.

On a pay as you play deal he could be a great signing, not least of all for the experience and knowledge he could share with the "youngsters".

I think he is almost certainly fit and don't think it was a case of not being fit at City just more to do with not quite good enough for them.....does not mean he couldn't do a great job for us.

If we did sign him I would expect him to be "in addition" to a major signing in mid-field.

Like David Connolly .. who proved to be a great asset' date=' even with missing a fair number of matches[/quote']

Not really. I'd say we've had a pretty average return from him overall. About 5 goals a season, not quick or strong. I'd much rather have a player like Barnard (before last year) who is consistent.

I have received an email from two of my friends in Italy,who broke the news about the Do Prado signing to me,that michu is definitely in talks with Southampton.and his representatives have held talks.it is down to him if he wants to up root abroad or remain in Spain. Apparently he is wanted by an Italian club also,neither of which my friends know which one.

they were spot on with the do Prado signing which I posted on here at the time.

so I'm adding nothing new just a differing view from abroad.

I have received an email from two of my friends in Italy,who broke the news about the Do Prado signing to me,that michu is definitely in talks with Southampton.and his representatives have held talks.it is down to him if he wants to up root abroad or remain in Spain. Apparently he is wanted by an Italian club also,neither of which my friends know which one.

With what Pilchards has already said this seems set to happen if the player is keen. Would be great to see how he'd do in the Prem this season.

But surely Adkins isn't respected enough in footballing circles for a player like Michu, linked to clubs like Manchester United, to consider joining his team, right???

It's pretty embarrassing how much our fans hound media contacts for info on signings, how about you just wait until they happen! Not to mention actually believing fake agents accounts.

No different to anyone else, I bet they get a lot more of it from the fans of the top teams.

But surely Adkins isn't respected enough in footballing circles for a player like Michu, linked to clubs like Manchester United, to consider joining his team, right???

Maybe not, but the manager isn't the only thing to consider. We're a Premier League team with top class facilities.

No different to anyone else, I bet they get a lot more of it from the fans of the top teams.

But it's the same few people on twitter who do it to the same person about 3 times a day, I don't know if they are kids but it looks so immature. People just need to calm down a bit and learn about patience. No genuine agent is going to give any information so any that do, especially with the names itkagent or south agent, should straight away be seen as attention seekers as they'll only end up disappointed.

Maybe not, but the manager isn't the only thing to consider. We're a Premier League team with top class facilities.

I think sfc4prem was just having a little dig at Lard about his anti-Adkins stance of the previous 18 months.

i was bored this morning and so went on a Rangers forum to see if there was anything about Steve Davis coming to us..... jesus thats depressing reading ...

I've been reading on and off the last couple of weeks when bored. It's fairly horrible stuff yes but our forum wasn't exactly a bed of roses when we were looking to go bust.

Did Adkins not say about a week ago that he expected 2 signings in the next 7-10 days?

Could be interesting few days

Wasn't really an 'expected' more of a 'lets see, who knows?'.

Got a feeling we'll see at least 1 more this week before pre-season starts Friday but no more that that.

Wasn't really an 'expected' more of a 'lets see, who knows?'.

Got a feeling we'll see at least 1 more this week before pre-season starts Friday but no more that that.

I don't think we will see any transfer activity in the next few days. I don't have any inside info but just a feeling. Hope I am wrong but going on last summers approach, it might be we are having a hard time finalising any potential deals again.

All gone a bit quiet. What happened to that 'exciting move' talk some pretend agent twittted about?

It comes to something when you can't even trust the fake sports agents on twitter. What a world.

It came from graeme bailey who works for sky. normally reliable for transfer news. i have a hunch that he was referring to michu.

we shall see if this ties in with what nige said about hopefully having 1 or 2 in before pre season commences

All gone a bit quiet. What happened to that 'exciting move' talk some pretend agent twittted about?

It comes to something when you can't even trust the fake sports agents on twitter. What a world.

It wasn't a pretend agent, it was a football journalist/reporter for Sky. @SkyGraemeBailey

Maybe this Sivok is the exciting transfer?

it wasn't a 'fake agent' it was Graeme Bailey (‏@SkyGraemeBailey) from sky sports...

Turns out @itk_agent is actually a SaintsWeb user then I reckon. It's "supersonic".

They follow eachother, have the same writing style, regularly re-tweet eachothers views (which just so happen to be identical) and they also have alternating log-in and tweeting times.

Give up pal.