Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan) is now a free agent after failing to agree a new deal. For those who remember, he was a terrific central holding midfielder for Arsenal for several seasons, and also did an excellent job filling in a left back when needed. Never quite hit it off at Milan: had some injury issues, & couldn't displace Gattuso from the starting line-up (no shame in that!). He's still only 28, and I think he'd be a fantastic signing if we could get him: two out of him, Moran, & Cork in CM would give us great options in that area.

Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan) is now a free agent after failing to agree a new deal. For those who remember, he was a terrific central holding midfielder for Arsenal for several seasons, and also did an excellent job filling in a left back when needed. Never quite hit it off at Milan: had some injury issues, & couldn't displace Gattuso from the starting line-up (no shame in that!). He's still only 28, and I think he'd be a fantastic signing if we could get him: two out of him, Morgan, & Cork in CM would give us great options in that area.

Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan) is now a free agent after failing to agree a new deal. For those who remember, he was a terrific central holding midfielder for Arsenal for several seasons, and also did an excellent job filling in a left back when needed. Never quite hit it off at Milan: had some injury issues, & couldn't displace Gattuso from the starting line-up (no shame in that!). He's still only 28, and I think he'd be a fantastic signing if we could get him: two out of him, Morgan, & Cork in CM would give us great options in that area.

any player that leaves arsenal on a free to go to AC Milan are going to be on a contract (or just leaving one) that is waaaaay above out pay scale

any player that leaves arsenal on a free to go to AC Milan are going to be on a contract (or just leaving one) that is waaaaay above out pay scale

Such a Dell sized mentality Jamie. It's even in your username FFS.

Another report we are about to steal Fraser Forster from under the noses of Celtic!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/saints-march-in-for-fraser-forster-as-robinson-on-lennons-radar.17938561

However, Barclays Premier League newcomers Southampton want the former Norwich City goalie to boost their survival hopes.

"Survival hopes" my arse! Don't they know our plans for world domination FFS?! ;-)

West Ham fans reckon Elia and that other italian bloke agreed personal terms tonight, and having medical early next week....Elia will be a cracking signing for them, although Allardyce probably will put him on the bench

Strong squad getting stronger, we will do well to finish above them.

West Ham fans reckon Elia and that other italian bloke agreed personal terms tonight, and having medical early next week....Elia will be a cracking signing for them, although Allardyce probably will put him on the bench

BFS does know he can only select 25 players, doesn't he?

It will strenghten my belief they will be a team of talented INDIVIDUALS, playing under a clueless manager.

Well, he isn't is he.

He had a poor Blackburn side comfortably 10th place. And did well at Bolton year upon year and got west ham up first shout

He is clearly not a clueless manager

He finished 1 win behind us. We finished 1 win behind reading despite spending more and bringing more players in. Would you say Adkins is clueless compared to McDermott?

Well, he isn't is he.

He had a poor Blackburn side comfortably 10th place. And did well at Bolton year upon year and got west ham up first shout

He finished 1 win behind us. We finished 1 win behind reading despite spending more and bringing more players in. Would you say Adkins is clueless compared to McDermott?

Yep. We fell away towards the end of the season compared to the beginning. I hope we strengthen significantly (good start with Jay Rod!)

Yep. We fell away towards the end of the season compared to the beginning. I hope we strengthen significantly (good start with Jay Rod!)

Anything would be considered falling away when compared to our storming start!!! Unless we went and pretty much went the whole season winning most of our games with the odd loss (like our early season form) and set a new point tally record.

Anything would be considered falling away when compared to our storming start!!! Unless we went and pretty much went the whole season winning most of our games with the odd loss (like our early season form) and set a new point tally record.

Our form was worse than West ham and Readings. I hope we strengthen considerably and I am sure we will!

If west h sign him. It will strengthen my belief that they will finish comfortably above us
they need defenders badly....even losing Green and replacing him with Jaaskalinen (sp?) who is past his best and was reserve keeper for a team that went down last season.

West Ham had by far the strongest squad in the championship on paper last season, ours overachieved. The current West Ham squad also has more PL experience so it's not hard to see West Ham doing better than us next season.

Saying that, I think we'll strengthen in the right places and have a good shot at a comfortable, if not spectacular season (14th-15th).

Well, he isn't is he.

Anyone that says Allerdyce is clueless is an idiot. Great record at Bolton, decent record at Blackburn and was sacked when Newcastle were 11th, The following season they were relegated, then got West Ham up at the first attempt. He might be a bit of a tw*t and not play football that is easy on the eye but it's effective.

Why do people have to get so personal when someone xpresses an opinion? Personally, I agree that he has a decent record as a manager but he is still an idiot. In managerial terms he is a dinosaur like Harry redknapp. Knows how to win games and (despite his spending at WHU) can manage on a budget but has no respect for fans and this will eventually prove his downfall. IMHO!

Our form was worse than West ham and Readings. I hope we strengthen considerably and I am sure we will!

From the 1st March, which I count as the start of the run-in :-

Saints 8w-2d-3l = average 2.0 pts per game which is close to our average over the whole season (and close to NA record at Saints).

Hoof-Ball Sam - 6w-7d-1l = aver of 1.78 pts per game.

Reading record was 11-1-2 = 2.42 ppg.

Why do people have to get so personal when someone xpresses an opinion? Personally, I agree that he has a decent record as a manager but he is still an idiot. In managerial terms he is a dinosaur like Harry redknapp. Knows how to win games and (despite his spending at WHU) can manage on a budget but has no respect for fans and this will eventually prove his downfall. IMHO!

He is an idiot but he's done well at every club he's been at. Even at Newcastle they were 11th when he left because this wasnt good enough for the geordies, the following season they went down. How anyone can say he's clueless is beyond me.

I'm surprised that you have a view that he is a dinosaur, after all, wasn't he one of the earlier managers to embrace sports science and technology. Yes, his sides maybe play football that isn't too pleasing on the eye at times but he has openly admitted in the past that he sets up his teams according to their strengths and I couldn't really see that he did much wrong at West Ham (as an outsider looking in) other than he was possibly more negative than he needed to be on occasions. As TDD and Turkish said, very decent record at Premier League level with limited resources at the clubs he has managed.

I think people are confusing themselves mainly with Sam Allardyce coming across as a bit arrogant and forthright in his interviews but that has never made anyone a poor manager.

From the 1st March, which I count as the start of the run-in :-

Saints 8w-2d-3l = average 2.0 pts per game which is close to our average over the whole season (and close to NA record at Saints).

Hoof-Ball Sam - 6w-7d-1l = aver of 1.78 pts per game.

Reading record was 11-1-2 = 2.42 ppg.

Personally I think Reading were very lucky. They just went on an amazing run. They got battered by alot of teams that couldn't finish and/or they were just clinical. I think it was Brighton that took them to the cleaners for reading tomwin 1-0? It will be very interesting to see how they fair in the Prem.