Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Yes, that's a really good read. For old fashioned (but true!) football romanticism, try "The Miracle of Castello Di Sangro". Cracking book.

I'll back this up - if you're inclined to read a football book, you'll be hard pressed to find a better one.

Not seen much of Diame, but I wonder if he's as good as everyone says he is. If he's THAT good, I'm surprised he was at Wigan for as long as he was, and has signed for a newly promoted team.

From what I have seen of him I thought a bigger club would have been in for him, which is why it's a very good signing for the cockney sh1tcvnts.

Not seen much of Diame, but I wonder if he's as good as everyone says he is. If he's THAT good, I'm surprised he was at Wigan for as long as he was, and has signed for a newly promoted team.

He was often a sub for Wigan though iirc.

He's also got a condition called SADS, which means he can collapse and his heart could fail at any point.

From what I have seen of him I thought a bigger club would have been in for him, which is why it's a very good signing for the cockney sh1tcvnts.

Well Liverpool were linked, but what do they know about buying decent players these days?

He was often a sub for Wigan though iirc.

He's also got a condition called SADS, which means he can collapse and his heart could fail at any point.

Unlucky.

Holden has had a particularly nasty and by the sounds of it, career threatening, injury. One person on a rumours site put that one up and its since been retweeted by other rumour twitter accounts.

Holden has dodgier knees than Paul McGrath....3m wasted if true

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Holden is a very decent player, but I fear his injury record will catch up with him sooner rather than later.

I think we should dispel this rumour and look elsewhere.

Excellent. I'll email Nigel to let him know our thoughts & tell him to look elsewhere. ;)

Kuszczak has just signed for Brighton on a free. Thought he was better than that, was great at WBA and made the wrong choice in joining Utd I feel. Had a shocker first goal against us I know last season.

To be fair to him, after that shocker he had against us he was terrific for Watford for the remainder of the season.

He's not a bad keeper at all and a good signing for Brighton.

Graeme Bailey has tweeted saying we have an exciting deal lined up but cannot say anything just yet.

This guy is usually bang on as well so no reason not to doubt this.

Adam Johnson on loan? Graeme usually is the first person from sky to release huge transfer deals on twitter and this would most certainly be an excellent signing.

Adam Johnson on loan? Graeme usually is the first person from sky to release huge transfer deals on twitter and this would most certainly be an excellent signing.

agreed, doubt it will be someone like this though, probably a boring transfer that is somehow 'exciting'.. someone like Rob Green 'cause he's played for England, if so I will be suitably unamused.

Has anyone suggested Ciarán Clark?

From his wiki... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciaran_Clark

plays for Aston Villa and the Republic of Ireland national team. Clark is naturally a central defender, but is also able to operate as a central midfielder and a left back. Clark captained England at under-18 and under-19 level, but in October 2010 declared his ambition to play for the Republic of Ireland. He was called up to the national team a month later for the friendly match against Norway, and made his full debut against Wales on 8 February 2011....... In November 2009, he signed a contract extension until 2012.....

We need defenders, He's out of contract(?) & according to an Irish pundit "he's versatile & can Play anywhere across the back 4".

He has played in 34 prem games in the last 2 years, scoring 4 goals.

As an under 18/19 England player he probably has played with/knows some of our current squad (he's 22) & He seems to be held in high regard by Villa fans.

......& now that DC has left, there are no Paddies in the squad :(

CHDAJFU?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/257914/Premier-League-trio-target-6m-Wolves-winger-Matt-Jarvis/

Daily Star links us again with Jarvis...

Don't think Wolves will sell though..

If Jarvis wants to play in the premier league, Wolves will sell. Player power and all that. It's just a case of what an acceptable fee would be, if Jarvis said he wanted to leave the fee would drop.

Also reports around saying we're trying to hijack Celtic's move for Fraser Forster.

Need to find a goalkeeper pretty soon. BBC site now saying Rob Green has AGREED to join QPR on two year deal. Includes quote from Green bigging up QPR, so looks genuine.

Goalkeeper has to be the next signing - please, Mr Adkins and Mr Cortese.

As I've said, £6m gets us a seat at the table for Jarvis but Stoke REALLY want him and will out pay us by a very significant amount.

The ace in the pack maybe that he (or his missus) wants a move back south.

I know Blackpool would want big money to part with either matt phillips or tom ince but for me they would be worth shelling out the reported 5-6m needed on rather than 7-8m on jarvis. jarvis is quick but phillips and ince are lightening quick as well as young and will only get better. jarvis nearing peak of his career so be less chance of developing him into a better player. obviously there are exemptions like rickie lambert who has flourished in his late twenties when moving to a better club with better players around him

I know Blackpool would want big money to part with either matt phillips or tom ince but for me they would be worth shelling out the reported 5-6m needed on rather than 7-8m on jarvis. jarvis is quick but phillips and ince are lightening quick as well as young and will only get better. jarvis nearing peak of his career so be less chance of developing him into a better player. obviously there are exemptions like rickie lambert who has flourished in his late twenties when moving to a better club with better players around him

Of the 3 I'd take Phillips.

Also from what I have seen, Jarvis is a far better crosser of the ball.

A player we should be looking at is romain Hamouma from caen. They havé just been relegated to

Ligue 2 but this player has stood out for them over thé last 2 seasons. He would cost about 3 millions pounds and is being looked at by 8 ligue 1 clubs. Plays on thé right of midfield, is lightening quick very skillful and has à final ball on him. At 24 has à lot of potential and continue to progress.