Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I said that last year after they sold Nzogbia - but they did it again! They are guarenteed to be awful for the first few months, but bloody good in the final quarter of the season

Lets hope so because they looked great in the last two months and if they play like that for more of the season they will be well clear of relegation.

I said that last year after they sold Nzogbia - but they did it again! They are guarenteed to be awful for the first few months, but bloody good in the final quarter of the season

I got a feeling Martinez will end up at Spurs. If he goes i'm sure the keeper and a few of their others will follow him out the door.

but they had moses up their sleeve.

sooner or later...you will go down if you keep selling your best players

but they had moses up their sleeve.

sooner or later...you will go down if you keep selling your best players

Yep, you're right. Will be interesting to see what they do this summer in terms of additions as wheelan has already said there will be money to spend.

Yep, you're right. Will be interesting to see what they do this summer in terms of additions as wheelan has already said there will be money to spend.

their only hope i Martinez...he clearly is a very good coach...plays great football and getting the very best out of a poor squad...

if he goes (and he will sooner or later) they are toast with 18 months

We desperately need some news don't we?! - the best we can do is talk about someone who thinks there will be some news

To be fair, we've been active than most teams already. Don't think anyone outside of the top 4 have closed a 'big' transfer as we did.

But he is costing them 13m over 4 years of his contract - works out at 65k p/w. Ouch.

See the same method worked well for QPR last season...

QPR signed something like 13 players last summer, I doubt Reading will go down that route. West Ham maybe.

But he is costing them 13m over 4 years of his contract - works out at 65k p/w. Ouch.

See the same method worked well for QPR last season...

Why "ouch"? He's on a free. It's only the same as signing Rodriguez for £7m and paying him £25k a week over 4 years.

QPR signed something like 13 players last summer, I doubt Reading will go down that route. West Ham maybe.

They did sign a lot of sh*t though. Bothroyd is sh*te, Joey Barton nothing but trouble and the less said about Kieran Dyer the better!!

Why "ouch"? He's on a free. It's only the same as signing Rodriguez for £7m and paying him £25k a week over 4 years.

Except signing Rodriguez on 25k will not make the others in the changing room go knocking for a new deal. Regardless of fee, paying that much to one player whilst the others are on half as much will only ever cause unrest in the squad.

Well Dyer has just signed a new contract, so they must have been the best 6 minutes of his career.

And yet, Dyer by name, Dyer by nature, has signed a new deal!

'ukin' hell. 31 Appearances and no goals in 5 season. Are they mental?

Except signing Rodriguez on 25k will not make the others in the changing room go knocking for a new deal. Regardless of fee, paying that much to one player whilst the others are on half as much will only ever cause unrest in the squad.

That's a seperate issue. Although it if was me and i'd just signed a quality international striker for that sort of money i'd tell the moaning Mikele Leigerwood he could have the same money when he brings his international caps in.

The point was the "ouch" at the £13m it would cost them, when Rodriguez will cost us the same.

Wtf!? Reading have actually signed Pogrebnyak? That's a ****ing quality signing. Can't see them getting relegated if that's the standard of signing they're getting in.

can't see them getting relegated anyway. They won the league and were flying at the end of the season. Carry that form across and they'll win games.

You're all forgetting that Pogrebnyak suits their style of play, which is horrible and little more than hit and hope. It's little more than long ball. I can see it now, Federici punts it up to McAnuff, he gets it out wide, cross comes in from Kebe, headed down by Pogrebnyak, side footed in by Le Fondre. And that's being generous, you can probably take out McAnuff and Kebe and just do Federici to Pogrebnyak.

He's also a fairly big name, which they need in order to attract more plastics to fill their stadium which is being expanded. It's a good signing for them for those reasons. Reading are a JOKE of a club.

You're all forgetting that Pogrebnyak suits their style of play, which is horrible and little more than hit and hope. It's little more than long ball. I can see it now, Federici punts it up to McAnuff, he gets it out wide, cross comes in from Kebe, headed down by Pogrebnyak, side footed in by Le Fondre. And that's being generous, you can probably take out McAnuff and Kebe and just do Federici to Pogrebnyak.

He's also a fairly big name, which they need in order to attract more plastics to fill their stadium which is being expanded. It's a good signing for them for those reasons. Reading are a JOKE of a club.

totally agree

like I have said..agains the better teams in the NPC they sat back and allowed said teams to pepper their goal...saints, west ham, brighton etc all registered over 20+ chances against them each...whislt reading notched only a few for themselves...they were clinical..yes..but to sit back and play on the break in the perm for a team like reading will lead them to get humped

totally agree

like I have said..agains the better teams in the NPC they sat back and allowed said teams to pepper their goal...saints, west ham, brighton etc all registered over 20+ chances against them each...whislt reading notched only a few for themselves...they were clinical..yes..but to sit back and play on the break in the perm for a team like reading will lead them to get humped

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I was appalled at their style of play at St. Mary's. Look at their goals - they all involved an error by us.

Another one of these players so unbelievably good they can turn prolific scoring on and off at will?

I wouldn't suggest it's about contracts and effort, just form. It's dangerous ground watching from afar then spending big on a short term form player. Maybe they are just really good, or maybe they're having a purple patch. Even Demba Ba hasn't proved it over a whole season, 1 great half, 1 poor half. Who knows what he'll do next half. Same with many players, people buy them for big money expecting some decent form to occur every other week.

Agreed you can't turn ability on and off but you sure as Hell can turn effort off, once you're nice & secure...

totally agree

Kebe took the ball down the wing beat us for pace (something we don't do ourselves) put in a great cross.....done us like a kipper they did. They rode their luck....but a well executed game plan worked for them. They have class where it matters,sadly. All change next year though

Another one of these players so unbelievably good they can turn prolific scoring on and off at will?

I wouldn't suggest it's about contracts and effort, just form. It's dangerous ground watching from afar then spending big on a short term form player. Maybe they are just really good, or maybe they're having a purple patch. Even Demba Ba hasn't proved it over a whole season, 1 great half, 1 poor half. Who knows what he'll do next half. Same with many players, people buy them for big money expecting some decent form to occur every other week.

Fair point but to be fair to Ba once Cisse arrived he was pushed out to the left, with Cisse as the target man. A lack of goals yes but he was by no means playing badly.

Kebe took the ball down the wing beat us for pace (something we don't do ourselves) put in a great cross.....done us like a kipper they did. They rode their luck....but a well executed game plan worked for them. They have class where it matters,sadly. All change next year though

They won the ball for that goal from a terrible cross field pass from Fox. It was a good cross and finish but that only came about because we gave the ball away inside our own half.

Oleg Husyev of Dynamo Kiev. In action for Ukraine right now, a decent right sided midfielder and that's not just based on this tournament. Very industrious.

He's always been a very handy player, been around for years.

I also like Srna of Croatia, but I think he's priced out of our league.

He's always been a very handy player, been around for years.

Yep. Been at Dynamo pretty much his entire career, but I wonder if he would fancy a shot at one of the big leagues. Has been on my HCDAJFU list for years, but we've been outside the Premier League for most of that time and wouldn't have had a prayer of getting him.

I said Yarmolenko before, but going by this tournament we've got no chance. He will be at one of the big Champions League clubs by August for sure, making Englands midfielders look Sunday League tonight.

Yep. Been at Dynamo pretty much his entire career, but I wonder if he would fancy a shot at one of the big leagues. Has been on my HCDAJFU list for years, but we've been outside the Premier League for most of that time and wouldn't have had a prayer of getting him.

Possibly, but I reckon whoever we sign is someone that's been on our radar for 12 months or so. It still seems like our criteria where possible is young and British.