Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

QPR to sign Ryan Nelson on July 1st. I still think he could of added some experience to our defence.

More fool QPR imo. We need pace in our team, the last thing we need to do as add aging/slow premier league players just because they have 'experience' in the PL.

More fool QPR imo. We need pace in our team, the last thing we need to do as add aging/slow premier league players just because they have 'experience' in the PL.

They've also just signed Andrew Johnson.

Both decent (if short term) signings IMO.

According to reports we were willing to splash a similar fee for Gary Hooper...

Yes but did we? And other than a Scottish newspaper saying we might, was there any proof that we were going to spend that level of money? No and no. Hoffenheim are little more than a village team - population of around 3000. What's happened to them is incredible.

Babel clearly has talent if used in the right way, and played regularly - whcih he never really was at Liverpool, was always a bit-part player and could never get any consistency. I always thought that he'd do well at a smaller/middle premier league club where he would be a ''big fish''. Interesting if it happens.

Babel clearly has talent if used in the right way, and played regularly - whcih he never really was at Liverpool, was always a bit-part player and could never get any consistency. I always thought that he'd do well at a smaller/middle premier league club where he would be a ''big fish''. Interesting if it happens.

Possibly - Birmingham bid £8 million for him and he wasn't against going there, so you never know.

We were talking about the actual figure, not if the bids had gone in or not. Did Adkins or Lennon say how much these bids were for? No.

Probably similar to what we paid for Rodriguez to be honest, there was a large sum of money set aside to get a ''big name'' striker - it's been set aside for the last 12 months it seems.

£6m before Wolves will talk about Jarvis.

A bit more attractive than the £10+ figures that I was reading. It's still a hell of alot of money though, I think there are better wide players out in Europe who we could snare for that price (or less).

Players back in training on the 28th June, Nigel Adkins says he would like to think there will one or two additions before that date (said with a huge grin on his face).

So the next 10 days will be interesting...

Noticed that also!! As you said, gonna be interesting!

Players back in training on the 28th June, Nigel Adkins says he would like to think there will one or two additions before that date (said with a huge grin on his face).

Ah fantastic. I remember him saying and doing similar last season in both windows only for everyone to assume it was certain we'd sign players within a few days and when those self set deadlines expired then everyone moaned and said we had missed out on targets.

Better be a keeper as Davis will be ****ed being the only decent one.

Was this interview on the Saints Player?

I don't know, would he really need to make the name to keep a name that's already been publicly linked quiet?

If GB has specifically been sworn to secrecy then yes, it doesn't matter if it's rumoured elsewhere. All he will care about is that it doesn't come from him.

Yep, that's the sort of signing as i'd class as exciting in Sky Sports terms. He's just not done it at Juventus for whatever reason and the club/his agent have been offering him around, I doubt many of the ''bigger'' clubs are too keen on taking a gamble so it leaves the middle half/bottom load of teams in the PL' and other european leagues.

I imagine we'd have to pay a decent wedge in terms of a loan fee and a % of his wages, so I'd be inclined to say that would knock out quite a few of the bottom half premiership clubs.

I might be talking rubbish and he's not the player we're interested in, but to be honest when Sky say an exciting deal I doubt it's someone from the NPC.