Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Apologies if posted already but NA is at the Euros with a European scout until Sunday, flew out yesterday for a game last night and watching a player in a couple of games.

On a different theme, who does that Czech right back Gebre Sellassie play for , he has a lot of energy and gets up and down the line well.

If he went over yesterday to watch A PLAYER in A COUPLE OF GAMES it must be someone from Group A. My guess would be a Pole. We don't have one at present after letting Bart go, and need one to keep a large proportion of the Soton populace happy. ;)

If it is it's not a very good one. I'm still not sure what the punchline is.

its that really funny joke of sharing a surname with someone else...in this case Roman Polanski.

On whats its worth I thought he looked good years ago at Monchengladbach and just looked him up and surprised his career kinda stalled. Would be a decent purchase, can't imagine he would turn the move up from Mainz to Saints if offered the chance.

Was impressed with Gebre-Selaisse- Attack minded and athletic lad.

Also impressed by the Poles Perquis ( CB from Sochaux) and Polanski too.[/quote

Was about to post the very same about Gebre-Selaisee. Very impressive. Great overlaps, good crosses. Good ball control. No histrionics. Straight back to defensive business when his attacking forays were over. Son of a doctor apparently. Would fit in well here I reckon.

Gebre-Selaisee available for about 2m it would seem then.

unfortunately a good tournament will double that.

On the keeper front, wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Mitchell Langerak, young and destined to take over from Schwarzer in goal soon enough in the Australian team.

unfortunately a good tournament will double that.

On the keeper front, wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Mitchell Langerak, young and destined to take over from Schwarzer in goal soon enough in the Australian team.

True, could see him moving to Italy or more likely somewhere in Russia!

Interesting comment in this article about Ryan Dickson and Yeovil.

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/story-16366265-detail/story.html

However, a pay rise activated by the south coast club's climb from the npower Championship and a remaining year on Dickson's contract has ruled out a Huish Park return.

Talking to Yeovil's website, Johnson said: "Ryan would be a good signing and we would love to take Ryan but his money has gone up double for Southampton getting to the Premier League. Players don't like to give up that money too easily and he has another year on his deal so financially that would be impossible and that's a no."

If his contract had a clause in it about "double salary" then I imagine that most of the other players had similar clauses, e.g. Puncheon etc.

We might have to loan out instead of sell certain players.

Interesting comment in this article about Ryan Dickson and Yeovil.

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/story-16366265-detail/story.html

If his contract had a clause in it about "double salary" then I imagine that most of the other players had similar clauses, e.g. Puncheon etc.

We might have to loan out instead of sell certain players.

probably double since his first day in league 1.

Yeah would have thought lots of them must have had a rise for being promoted to the Prem. Might make some hard to sell, especially the ones moving as low down as L1. Dickson will probably go on loan this season and then on a free next summer.

sort of the price of quick successive promotions given (an example) dickson contract length

Adam is a good player, but never a liverpool standard player - which is why they want rid.

Would do a fine job for teams in and around the bottom though, a terrifc passer of the ball - would fit perfectly alongside Morgan or Cork.

Adam is a good player, but never a liverpool standard player - which is why they want rid.

Would do a fine job for teams in and around the bottom though, a terrifc passer of the ball - would fit perfectly alongside Morgan or Cork.

You are suggesting from this post that you only expect saints to be "in and around the bottom" which to me means bottom 8. IF that is in fact where we spend next season and some after that then what's the point? I'm not going to fall for the Champions League rhetoric but I do not see any reason why over the next two or three seasons we can finish consistently "in and around the middle to top half of the table" which in my mind is 6th-12th.

Charlie Adam is probably a better player than you make out but I think he is a player who is "damaged goods" in the sense that his career has stalled at Liverpool if not actually gone backwards and that is not the type of player I think we are going for. A Charlie Adam (having just had his season in the Prem with Blackpool) is exactly the type of player I would like us to sign 1 or 2 of (a CM and CB - has a little prem experience and is developing and probably 24-26) and I think that is exactly what NA is looking for in addition to 3 or 4 more Jay Rodriguez types - young and developing with oodles of potential!!

He must be on big money, surely at least £30,000 a week. I'm not sure about him, I think he's a bit like Morgan, goes for the showy-off long pass quite a bit. Also prone to dirty challenges, remember a pretty nasty one he did on Bale, could easily have broken his leg.

He must be on big money, surely at least £30,000 a week. I'm not sure about him, I think he's a bit like Morgan, goes for the showy-off long pass quite a bit. Also prone to dirty challenges, remember a pretty nasty one he did on Bale, could easily have broken his leg.

£30k a week isn't really big money these days, but I expect he'd be on a fair bit more than that.

He must be on big money, surely at least £30,000 a week.

I wouldnt be surprised if Adam was on 60k+

:lol:

The Telegraph thinks he is on £50k p/w

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8620614/Liverpool-agree-fee-for-Charlie-Adam-with-Blackpool.html

Remember Liverpool are the club that spent £35m on Carroll and £17m on Henderson. They aren't good with money.

Another Euro suggestion, Ivan Strinic. 24 year old Croatia LB seems to have a bit of pace and one heck of a cross on him. Plays for Dnipro in Ukraine so would be a realistic target IMO.

Agree- Very impressed by him tonight.

Attack minded and good in possession

I think we should make a cheeky bid for Xavi, bring him to the home of his idol.

He's won everything going with Barcelona and for Spain.

Bloke clearly needs a new challenge, but unlikely we'd persuade said bloke to realise it and do the obvious thing and join us.