Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Bolton Face Battle for Gunners Star

Little piece about us looking to get Ryo Miyaichi

http://www.clubcall.com/bolton-wanderers/coyle-faces-battle-for-gunners-star-1435989.html?

My greatest memory of clubcall is in 1997 they reported as FACT we had signed Alun Armstrong from Stockport for £1m only for him to unveiled the next day at Middlesbrough.

Caulker from Spurs would be a good purchase. If they would sell of course.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Swansea will be all over that one. I think they are trying for another year loan.

Imagine if we did sign Butland, Rodriguez and Clyne to start with. Would make for quite a future wouldn't it, plenty of good young English talent that'll increase in value.
they all feel like `our' type of signings these days. Add Zaha, Mutch and Davies in there and that would be a very good window.

A couple of tweets from Peter White, a freelance Sports journalist based on the south coast. Does a bit for the Daily Star, Daily Express etc.

peterwhite_1: So which keeper are Saints really after? See tomorrow's Daily Star and Daily Express #saintsfc

peterwhite_1: Saints are set to make three or four signings in next couple of weeks reliable sources suggest #saintsfc

peterwhite_1: Just having dinner guys then will give you a cryptic clue!!! # #saintsfc

A couple of tweets from Peter White, a freelance Sports journalist based on the south coast. Does a bit for the Daily Star, Daily Express etc.

peterwhite_1: So which keeper are Saints really after? See tomorrow's Daily Star and Daily Express #saintsfc

peterwhite_1: Saints are set to make three or four signings in next couple of weeks reliable sources suggest #saintsfc

peterwhite_1: Just having dinner guys then will give you a cryptic clue!!! # #saintsfc

Bugger these journos and their cryptic clues :)

Peter White has confirmed that he understands Saints' top keeping target is Rob Green.

We'd better get those 4 new centre halfs in and drilled pronto.

7 at the back, 2 holding midfielders and Rickie up top on his own.

And this season we can put 5 defenders on the bench, leaving space for a back up keeper and forward to link up with Rickie for a stoppage time sucker punch

Peter White ‏@peterwhite_1

Anyway Saints fans, now Martin has gone to Palace you need central defensive cover, because all clubs have upson downs! #saintsfc

Upson as well? Oh dear. Hope this guy isn't too reliable...

Peter White ‏@peterwhite_1

Anyway Saints fans, now Martin has gone to Palace you need central defensive cover, because all clubs have upson downs! #saintsfc

Upson as well? Oh dear. Hope this guy isn't too reliable...

Echo said today Upson was just a rumour and we weren't interested in him. Sounds like he's another journalist trying to be ITK and talking ******.

31 I think.

It's all very well signing young up and coming lads and I'd be happy if we signed Butland as well but at this level IMO a keeper should have experience, especially as its our first season back.

Take United at the start of the season for example, De Gea at times didn't know his a4se from his elbow. He was also the reason Kompany scored in the derby too costing them the title.

Fraser Forster - Newcastle goalkeeper who has been on loan at Celtic

Is that your suggestion, or a rumour you've heard ?

Probably a good choice, less cost and more realistic a target than Butland.

It's all very well signing young up and coming lads and I'd be happy if we signed Butland as well but at this level IMO a keeper should have experience, especially as its our first season back.

Take United at the start of the season for example, De Gea at times didn't know his a4se from his elbow. He was also the reason Kompany scored in the derby too costing them the title.

I agree we need a couple of experienced players as well. We certainly need a leader on the pitch. I think Green and Upson would give us that and would both be decent signings. I be surprised if we got them both though as as I said above I heard Green was off to Malaga and we weren't interested in Upson.

But our current goalie was assessed as having a better season in the same league last year' date=' by his peers...[/quote']

Leeds on the tele will have had quite a major bearing on that I'd of thought.

I'm pretty sure it was Smalling's mistake that allowed Kompany to score. He allowed himself to get blocked off by Ferdinand, which meant he couldn't follow Kompany's run. Keeper had little to do with it.

I'm pretty sure it was Smalling's mistake that allowed Kompany to score. He allowed himself to get blocked off by Ferdinand, which meant he couldn't follow Kompany's run. Keeper had little to do with it.

De Gea ran round his own defender who was stood on the line next to him and lost his position, if he'd stood where he was it would've gone straight at him.

Smalling should have done better too, I agree.

Peter White has confirmed that he understands Saints' top keeping target is Rob Green.

Can't see us getting Green. I also really hope we don't get Green. If we did sign Green it would be ironic as Kelvin could of left us to sit on the bench in the premier league for west ham while Green played. But he stayed loyal and more than played his part to get us back to the premier league. Now he could possibly end up bench warming for Green, for us in the premier league. Its just totally wrong in my opinion.

Plus super Kelvin has been proved a better keeper than Green this year. He was chosen as the goalkeeper for the championship team of the year.

Whittlingham has proved to be better than Morgan. Would you swap the two?

Thought not

If we are going on stats on best npc players. About a third of the league scored more points than Guly. Yet he is worth a place in our prem squad... Apparently

Can't see us getting Green. I also really hope we don't get Green. If we did sign Green it would be ironic as Kelvin could of left us to sit on the bench in the premier league for west ham while Green played. But he stayed loyal and more than played his part to get us back to the premier league. Now he could possibly end up bench warming for Green, for us in the premier league. Its just totally wrong in my opinion.

Ha i find all that amusing in a way how life sometimes works out....if Green did sign.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2