Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Sky Sports sources understands West Ham have made a £4million bid for Norwich striker Grant Holt. More on site soon...

If true - it makes JR at £7M a bargain as far as I am concerned!

Heard a rumour we are in for ex-Brighton and currently out-of-favour Galatasaray Winger Colin Kazim-Richards.

Would be a very good signing if true, international player, with pace and quality

Have you seen him play recently?

Heard a rumour we are in for ex-Brighton and currently out-of-favour Galatasaray Winger Colin Kazim-Richards.

Would be a very good signing if true, international player, with pace and quality

First mentioned by a **** take twitter agent so I doubt it's true.

I can remember McMenemy saying to the then Scottish manager that he would pay for him to come to see Eric Martin play, a few months later he dropped him for Ian Turner still cant understand why.

For all those wishing for Danny Murphy, as someone who has watched a lot of Filham over the last four years, his legs have gone and can only last 60-70 minutes maximum at PL pace. He poses another problem in that he's a very clever, deep lying, ball player. Something we have Morgan Schneiderlin for.

As a fantasy signing, I'd love to see Drogba :)

OK, it's a sloooooooow work day.

Football rumours has us signing:

Lucas Biglia

Michael Owen (but he's signing for everyone of course...)

Alistair Slowe

Ben Turner

Marius Zaliukas

Yep. I'm bored.

Hahahahahahaha, for a minute I thought that was a rumour that we might sign Marius Zaliukas - but thank god it's football rumours so it can't be true. An absolutely shocking defender with terrible disciplinary problems who might just be L1 standard.

Forgot him. But that was a january one for cover, I don't think we'll see any like that this summer as there's plenty of time (and hopefully money) to plan for the season ahead and longer term with permanent signings.

Loan signings are usually used for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) To provide cover for the team the player is loaned to; or

2) To give the player the chance to gain valuable 1st team experience

You could argue that in some cases both of the above reasons are applicable.

I would advise caution when bringing in a player where there is the potential to sign them at the end of the deal. There have been examples of players playing well and trying really hard to earn the contract, and then failing to maintain that level of performance once they have earned their permanent contrct. The main Saints example that springs to mind is Marek Saganowski.

I'm not saying that loan sigings are a bad idea, I just think there are some risks attached. I can see us loaning out more players than we bring in on loan.

Said this about 20 times since he left, but this idea that Saganowski turned on that form to earn a contract is insane. He worked hard when scoring and worked hard when missing. Are we honestly suggesting the guy was so good, he could merely choose to score prolifically when on loan, but for some reason not when permanently signed?! For a lazy player who tries hard on loan then sits back and takes the money perhaps, but that wasn't the situation at all.

About 95% of Polish people are racist so youre probably quite close with your view

CHELSEA will loan Kevin de Bruyne to Southampton to gain Premier League experience.

Midfielder De Bruyne, 20, joined from Genk for £7m in January.

Emphasises the gap between the big 4 or 5 clubs & the rest. We're looking to buy a £7 million forward as a record signing, Chelsea are looking to loan their £7 million signing out to get some games in the Prem. Nonetheless, yes please (& if he wants Courtois to come along too, that would be just fine)!

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

I haven't been counting, but we must have been linked with about 20 or more players since the end of the season.

Everyone's quick to blame agents, and empty-headed journo's without a storyline to print, and not without reason - but give a thought to the bookies..

They have most to gain by spreading / creating rumours and then taking bets on it.

I've yet to meet anyone who'd taken the bookies to the cleaners on a regular basis, and lesser still ..seen a poor bookie !

Are Chelsea just going to try and sign everyone? They don't even have a manager and Hazard and Hulk come in. With Mata and Sturridge that's a lot of wide options for De Bruyne to get near the team.

Have they said for certain that Di Matteo won't get the job? Chances are they're just negotiating a managers contract for him.

Plus, Mata also plays central just behind the striker and Sturridge plays up front. They're a very interchangeable team.

Have they said for certain that Di Matteo won't get the job? Chances are they're just negotiating a managers contract for him.

Plus, Mata also plays central just behind the striker and Sturridge plays up front. They're a very interchangeable team.

I bet they're not negotiating a manager's contract for Di Mateo. I'd be amazed to see him keep the job, given the relationship, or lack of it, he has with Abramovitch.

Wow - looks like the Saints transfer rumour mill is really starting to get very sluggish. With no signings (yet), it's getting a bit boring really - bring on the new season! Blimey, even the Euros is starting to look exciting with so little else going on! LOL

Are Chelsea just going to try and sign everyone? They don't even have a manager and Hazard and Hulk come in. With Mata and Sturridge that's a lot of wide options for De Bruyne to get near the team.

Lets not forget about Marko Marin either! It looks like Chelsea are signing players to get the best out of Torres (especially now that Drogba is off). An attacking midfield 3 of Mata, Hazard & Marin would surely create enough chances for the real Torres to show his undoubted class!

This doesn't leave much room for Kevin De Bruyne however, so the loan rumour does appear to have some substance to it IMO. I doubt we'll be able to add a buy clause in to the loan contract because I think that Chelsea hav ehigh hopes for him and will want o keep him for the future. I wouldn't mind him spending a season at St Mary's thougb!

Moyes will be the next Man Utd manager - he is Fergies anointed heir! His contract at Everton runs out at the end of the coming season I think - he will then move across to Old Trafford and Fergie will step up to a director role.

Cahill is too old and is basically retiring to the middle east at 32!

Moyes will be the next Man Utd manager - he is Fergies anointed heir! His contract at Everton runs out at the end of the coming season I think - he will then move across to Old Trafford and Fergie will step up to a director role.

!

might explain why MU are bidding for Baines then,Moyes would probably be contractually bound not to approach Everton players

afterwards .