Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

wasn't he on loan at Swansea last season & spent most of it on the bench ?

He was. I was listening to a journo who is very close to the Chelsea camp talk the other day, he said that Chelsea are going to take a bit more consideration about loaning their players out from now on.

Regarding the CM choice what happened to the Steven Davis from Rangers rumour?

It was probably just that, a rumour. Shame because I really rate him. If we ship out a CM (Hammond, Chaplow etc) then he would be great to bring in so we can rotate our centre midfield with more quality.

Yes, I'm assuming the club will want someone to complement Morgan in the attacking MF role.

Imo we also need someone to provide some strength and bulk at CM as well. Hammond plays that kind of role but I think he's too lightweight to be effective at it in the Prem.

Someone like Birmingham had this year in N'Daw, big strong bloke but can pass the ball quite well too. I would love us to sign Liam Trotter, think he'd be perfect for us.

Regarding the CM choice what happened to the Steven Davis from Rangers rumour?

If there was any truth in this we may have been waiting to today as 1st June is when rangers players salary go back to full amount and as a result their release clauses kick in so would be cheaper to buy.

I have noticed that a Saints fan asked Alan Nixon when the international transfer window opens and about us transfer-wise etc and he said:

"It barely matters as u can't play until friendlies in July anyway. Some deals set up already."

That was a general comment, not saints related.

Has anyone else notices that Newcastle and Saints seem to chasing a lot of the same players (allegedly). Presumably this is something to do with Pardew memorising the 'wish list' he was given by scouts at Southampton.

If Newcastle land the Bolton target we should go for Guthrie. He would be an absolute bargin on a free transfer. He looked like a great player when he was here last time. Admittedly that was in the championship but he has had alot of premier league experince since.

Has anyone else notices that Newcastle and Saints seem to chasing a lot of the same players (allegedly). Presumably this is something to do with Pardew memorising the 'wish list' he was given by scouts at Southampton.

Probably more to the fact that we are working to similar transfer budgets.

gonna be shot down in flames for this, but why so excited about signing a premier league reject/contract up player? those players arent going to be enthused about going from chelski to play for us, they will feel washed out ...we need to be looking in other places for players, not premier league out of contract pages

gonna be shot down in flames for this, but why so excited about signing a premier league reject/contract up player? those players arent going to be enthused about going from chelski to play for us, they will feel washed out ...we need to be looking in other places for players, not premier league out of contract pages

Because you can then spend your budget on others??

Any idea why Hoilett isn't on that list?

Because he's under 24 and Blackburn have offered him a new contract of equal or higher value to his previous one, so technically they still retain his registration unless another club agrees compensation with them.

Assuming deals aren't agreed with the players on the released list this would be my revised transfer targets list.

Craig Gordon

Kieran Trippier

Curtis Davies

Danny Murphy

Thomas Ince/Matt Phillips

Dani Benitez

Jay Rodriguez

Because he's under 24 and Blackburn have offered him a new contract of equal or higher value to his previous one, so technically they still retain his registration unless another club agrees compensation with them.

I see. Would be a fantastic signing but imagine he'll go to one of the top six...

I see. Would be a fantastic signing but imagine he'll go to one of the top six...

Suspect it's more likely he'll go abroad as the compensation payable would be fixed at around £750k, he's been linked with a few Bundesliga clubs. Domestically, reports suggest it could be anything up to around £5m.