Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Anyone else really not bothered about seeing Yakubu here ?

He put in some great performances for Blackburn last season (we get loads of live PL games over here), but I would be horrified to see him in a Saints shirt.

Jay Rod would be a good signing. Yakubu I am not keen on due to attitude possibly being ex Skate but lots of others have made the transition and he's a definite goal scorer. How many strikers do we need? I am fairly sure Barnard and Sharp are down the pecking order so maybe merely back up. Would Hooper still be in contention if we got Rodriguez?!

I think Guthrie would be an excellent shout and rated him highly last time he was here and he did well for us. Was sorry to see him go. Just what we need in midfield. Would be nice to see some more strength down the right side, both defensively and midfield cos that's an area of weakness for us imho.

I think if/when Jay Rod signs that'll be us done on forwards. We will have Jay Rod, Lambert, Sharp, Lee as the main 4. I think Barnard will be moved on, but there is also Guly who can play upfront. I don't think we are in a posistion to have 5 forwards going for 2 places.

On to the midfield, defence and goalkepper now i reckon..

I think if/when Jay Rod signs that'll be us done on forwards. We will have Jay Rod, Lambert, Sharp, Lee as the main 4. I think Barnard will be moved on, but there is also Guly who can play upfront. I don't think we are in a posistion to have 5 forwards going for 2 places.

On to the midfield, defence and goalkepper now i reckon..

Unless he is buying JayRod to play right midfield in which case there is a place for Hooper too. Personally I think we could do with one more on the wing. Ince or Matt Phillips from Blackpool but Jarvis would work. The real intersting selection is who we bring in to back up (and eventually replace) Kelvin. Kasper was my preferred option but I'm starting to think they have some unknown lined up...

Shaun Wright Phillips...Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! (that's a 'No way' Ahhh, not a 'refreshing drink' Ahhh!)

When he was younger, SWP was always 'one for the future' as long as he worked on his delivery of crosses, which would be sporadic at best. Years later and nothing seems to have changed.

Rodgers now Liverpool boss, lets go hijack this move for Sigudsson. He'd be perfect for us.

If anyone is hijacking it then it will be Liverpool.

You can throw in numerous other teams in the Prem that would want him before we'd get a sniff too.

Jordi Cruyff / Johan CruyffBradley Wright Phillips / Ian WrightHardly a reason to sign someone...
With the right coaching anything is possible.Chamberlain is going to be better than his dad & you can add Jamie Rednapp, Frank Lampard & Tom Ince will prove to be better, so anything is possible.

James Beattie has been released by Sheff Utd... Here we go again...

No because he is already looking forward to working with Luggy again. He will sign to spearhead the attack for Southend on Monday. Signing for Southend might seem an odd move for Beattie but the draw of working for his favourite manager from his career was too much for him to turn down. ;)

No because he is already looking forward to working with Luggy again. He will sign to spearhead the attack for Southend on Monday. Signing for Southend might seem an odd move for Beattie but the draw of working for his favourite manager from his career was too much for him to turn down. ;)

He calls him the fat ******.

Just looking up for a moment from watching the paint dry, wondered about Tom Ince or Matt Phillips from Blackpool and whether SFC is really trying to sign one or the other. Can't imagine it would be both and of the two, Phillips for the right wing slot looks the best option. SDR not getting a first choice slot in the Championship suggests there is a risk in going to lower league sides abroad and if the policy really is young English players where possible, Phillips fits the bill, even if he has chosen to represent Scotland at international level. IMHO filling the gap left by AO-C is crucial. We got away with it last season because of the all-round ability of the team, the passing game and having acceptable subs on the RW but it looks like the manager knows that in the Prem, that won't do.

Now, how's that paint doing.......

For me -

Fraser Forster

Curtis Davies

Matt Phillips

Jay Rodriguez

I can't put my finger on a CM as what we want, as someone has pointed out, is £30m quids worth of Yaya Toure and to find someone with those attributes will be a toughie. I've not seen enough of Ince to comment on him, and whilst Clyne would be excellent, I think with Man U sniffing around (and indeed, Newcastle I presume may be interested if Simpson is off) would rule us out there.

CM is obviously a key role. We have Chaplow, Hammond, Cork and Guly who can fill the position but real quality there could make a difference. I just wonder if Adkins is going to see if James Ward-Prowse could step up and if so, wait until after the first few games to decide if he needs to buy or not .

He is building a 5 bedroom house in Canford Cliffs, Poole which I have seen the plans of through my work.

So he could well end up at Bournemouth.

Just as well for Beattie to have a skill to use when football doesn't provide an income any more. Is he a bricky or a chippy?

What about Joe Cole? Just watched the Special Report on Sky and seems like he really wants to come back to England but would be happy to stay at Lille. Says he has offers from 3 clubs. He'd sort our right midfield out immediately IMO.

Edited by itchen_dan

What about Joe Cole? Just watched the Special Report on Sky and seems like he really wants to come back to England but would be happy to stay at Lille. Says he has offers from 3 English clubs. He'd sort our right midfield out immediately IMO.

Thought he came across really well on that. Probably out of our league with wages though.

He is building a 5 bedroom house in Canford Cliffs, Poole which I have seen the plans of through my work.

So he could well end up at Bournemouth.

Or Cheats. There have been a number of Cheats players living in Poole over the years; Hreidarsson (sp?), Muntari, Anderton, not to mention their thieving ex-manager.

CM is obviously a key role. We have Chaplow, Hammond, Cork and Guly who can fill the position but real quality there could make a difference. I just wonder if Adkins is going to see if James Ward-Prowse could step up and if so, wait until after the first few games to decide if he needs to buy or not .

Obviously, as you've not mentioned him, you mean to play alongside Spiderman (who imho is 'real quality' as you put it!)? ;)