Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

I know it is unlikely but I would love to see us got for Clarence Seedorf and use him in the same way that Bolton did Jay Jay Okocha. I know I am dreaming and there is little chance but he is out of contract and wants one last challenge and has said he would love to play in the Premier League. The guy is still a class act.

what a player. I'd be interest to see him live now to see how he gets round the pitch, but on the ball he seems to get better with age.

Ince has looked a much bigger threat in the games i've seen. Much of a muchness maybe.

in the run in games Ince seemed to be the real threat, but for large parts of the season Phillips was the stand out player.

I wonder what Paul's advice would be to his son should we make a bid?

what a player. I'd be interest to see him live now to see how he gets round the pitch, but on the ball he seems to get better with age.

He's 2.5 years younger than Giggs and 1.5 years younger than scholes. Would be a great signing!

I know it is unlikely but I would love to see us got for Clarence Seedorf and use him in the same way that Bolton did Jay Jay Okocha. I know I am dreaming and there is little chance but he is out of contract and wants one last challenge and has said he would love to play in the Premier League. The guy is still a class act.

I read somewherethat Seedorf has signed for a club in South America,Brazil,Venezuela something like that. I think he's from what used to be called Dutch Guyana, probably Surinam nowadays,so it's a move that would take him back towards his roots.Could be wrong though cos I can't remember where I saw it.

in the run in games Ince seemed to be the real threat, but for large parts of the season Phillips was the stand out player.

I wonder what Paul's advice would be to his son should we make a bid?

Would say Phillips never looked the same after the hamstring injury he picked up in jan/feb.

A bloke down the pub recons he heard Nigel Adkins on his phone saying that he will increase his offer for some South American chap called Naymaaar for £20M ? ? ?

Heard Adkins wasn't listening to Cortese on the phone and that £20M is for Hazard ;)

I thought it was the day after the season ended. It's July 1st on Football Manager though ;D

Ah Thanks. Yes I'd heard July 1st mentioned before but wasn't sure if the personal who told me had been playing to much football manager too. If it is July first then we still have alot of rumours to get through until we actually sign someone. I hope whoever we end up signing proves to be worth the wait.

Quick side note, Lee Holmes set to sign for Preston. Good signing for them and its a league I think he'll shine in. Was too good for League 2 with Swindon and this will be a good base for him to kickstart his career again and try and move back up the leagues.

Quick side note, Lee Holmes set to sign for Preston. Good signing for them and its a league I think he'll shine in. Was too good for League 2 with Swindon and this will be a good base for him to kickstart his career again and try and move back up the leagues.

I thought he would have signed for Swindon after helping them get promoted. Preston is a good move for him I guess but not sure he will stay injury free enough to really kick start his career. Hope I'm wrong for his sake though.

ok, I didn't know that. I thought you could sign a player without a club anytime. Shows what I know then.

You can, but that's just signing them up. A free transfer is between two clubs, which has to happen within a transfer window.

Alan nixon mirror journo says mirror online has a decent transfer story for saints before midnight. Reckons it is worth waiting up for. Has been reliable in the past.

"Mirror will have a few decent transfer tales before the clock strikes midnight. Southampton goodie. Ipswich signing. Palace too."

Look up.