Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Sounds as unlikely as ever BUT could NA see Owen as our Connolly for the Premier League? Experienced head to guide us in a new environment (for most) and' date=' let's face it, if an ex physio manager can't get him fit & playing, no-one can![/quote']

Owen would be a top signing, think of the experience he'd bring to the squad. Assuming we aren't breaking the bank or expecting him to play 38 games a season I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

Also, I'd love to see us bid for Jordan Rhodes if Hudds fail today, don't want them to though as cant stand sheffield united (much prefer Wednesday)

Wouldn't be my first choice but he has earned a chance at a higher level. I'd rather him than an old injured has been like Hargreaves or Owen.

I would really hope that we are looking for better quality wingers than Antonio. If not then we might as well accept relegation now!

I'd be happy with either of these gentlemen on our right wing this coming season.

And re above - Nidger is not a regular poster, but writing sense such of this above ... well, we don't see sensible posts very often. :)

Antonio is no better than league 1 standard, Adomah is no better than Championship. Hence why we are no longer interested in these players

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/05/26/3126911/cole-foster-and-cox-the-players-west-brom-wigan-reading?

Proves how turd goal.com is. Mentions all our links (Jay Rod to Jarvis) then says our budget is likely to be 5m.

Also mentions we're in competition for Ricardo Fuller and Kenwyn Jones..... :scared:

Scott Dann also mentioned.... And should be left as just a mention, no point in signing him

Just listening to Talksport's Transfer tavern and they had an American journalist on who said that the Houston Dynamo's Centre Back (playing for the US against Scotland tonight) Geoff Cameron was being looked at by Saints, Reading & West Ham - clubs in Portugal & Germany also after him. Supposed to be a ball playing CB who has played in midfield as well.

Just listening to Talksport's Transfer tavern and they had an American journalist on who said that the Houston Dynamo's Centre Back (playing for the US against Scotland tonight) Geoff Cameron was being looked at by Saints, Reading & West Ham - clubs in Portugal & Germany also after him. Supposed to be a ball playing CB who has played in midfield as well.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/transfer-talk-show/120526/prince-wight-cameron-wanted-reading-southampton-and-west-ham-173018

We would be f*cking stupid not to try and get Kalou or Bosingwa. I sincerely doubt either of them would come here, but they are players worth breaking the wage structure for. Top quality international players.

Kalou seems like a pretty balanced individual and Bosingwa was very patient when he wasn't being played and worked hard to earn his first team place. Can't see them being disruptive influences tbh.

We would be f*cking stupid not to try and get Kalou or Bosingwa. I sincerely doubt either of them would come here, but they are players worth breaking the wage structure for. Top quality international players.

Kalou seems like a pretty balanced individual and Bosingwa was very patient when he wasn't being played and worked hard to earn his first team place. Can't see them being disruptive influences tbh.

Yeah then we could be the new Pompey. We need to stay living within our means.

I'm sorry but Kalou is a hideously overrated player. He contributes nothing in just about every Chelsea game I've seen which is why he has been released.

Boswinga on the other hand is a decent RB but due to wages we have no chance of that. Bagpuss will sign both probably.

Scored an OG against Scotland last night. Load of sh*te ;)

Yeah then we could be the new Pompey. We need to stay living within our means.

Unlike P*mpey, we probably could afford to shell out £60k on wages. Obviously Cortese doesn't want to do that at the moment, but our finances would probably allow for it.

I agree though, we don't want to go offering stupid money to people, but if the player is good enough then I think the price is fair enough.

Why has this thread turned into kalou and boswinga debate? They aren't going to come to us because of variety of reasons but namely wages and signing on fees plus adkins will not want big time Charlie's like these two to unsettle squad that has won back to back promotions.

This thread has become tiresome.

Unlike P*mpey, we probably could afford to shell out £60k on wages. Obviously Cortese doesn't want to do that at the moment, but our finances would probably allow for it.

I agree though, we don't want to go offering stupid money to people, but if the player is good enough then I think the price is fair enough.

And do you think that every other player, who is on at the very most half of 60k a week, are going to be really happy for that to happen? The wage structure doesn't just ensure you don't spend above your means but also that all players are on the same pay scale.

And do you think that every other player' date=' who is on at the very most half of 60k a week, are going to be really happy for that to happen? The wage structure doesn't just ensure you don't spend above your means but also that all players are on the same pay scale.[/quote']

Quite right and it effects team spirit and motivation in a big way too! This whole process of bringing in players on bigger wages needs to be managed gradually and slowly if it is not to cause more problems than it resolves! (Hence the need for a good manager)

I've nothing to add of substance to this thread ... I wish I hadn't posted this message but hey. Here's hoping we sign a good football player from another team, for reasonable wages.

Is your house painted grey and do you have a grey car?

a round up from the ever reliable rumours site..

Southampton to sign Nathaniel Clyne from Palace in a cash plus

Danny Butterfield deal

Javier Hernandez on loan from Man United for the season

Curtis Davies from Birmingham 2.5million

Wolves Watford and Barnsley are interested in a loan move for southampton's Tadanari Lee

Burnley have accepted the fact they will more than likely lose Jay Rodriguez. West Brom, Southampton and Reading are preparing to make bids

BARNSLEY - To sign Southampton's Tadanari Lee on 3 month loan deal

Done deals (almost):

James McFadden Free

In (Targets):

Matt Phillips £3 million

Paul Robinson Free

Michael Owen Free

Jermaine Defoe £6 million

Salomon Kalou Free

Out:

Lee Barnard to Watford £700,000

Jason Puncheon to Birmingham £1 million

Dan Seabourne to Charlton £400,000

Ryan Dickson to Leeds £200,000

all very reliable...im sure

Why has this thread turned into kalou and boswinga debate? They aren't going to come to us because of variety of reasons but namely wages and signing on fees plus adkins will not want big time Charlie's like these two to unsettle squad that has won back to back promotions.

This thread has become tiresome.

Totally we won't get them but why are they 'big time charlies'? Because they earnt a decent wage at their last club?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Totally we won't get them but why are they 'big time charlies'? Because they earnt a decent wage at their last club?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Cus they are on extortionate wages compared to our players, been at a club who have won multiple trophies in their time there plus they are used to being pampered like most players at top clubs.

Out:

Lee Barnard to Watford £700,000 .............. possible at 300k

Jason Puncheon to Birmingham £1 million .......no way will Brum be spending 1m on anyone

Dan Seabourne to Charlton £400,000.......... plausible move but sounds a lot of money (?) for someone of DS's experience

Ryan Dickson to Leeds £200,000............. doubt it, Colin be wheeler dealing at a much more experienced level. Col U with Lloyd James would be more his level.

Sky sports have put up an article quoting Scott Brown at Celtic hoping that Gary Hooper and Fraser Forster stay with the club. The way it is worded it seems clear there is a link with Southampton. Something along the lines of the lure of the premier league but the reality that only the top four or five stand a chance of champions league football.

That aside, I had not realised that Fraser Forster would be an excellent first choice keeper in waiting to work alongside KD. Still prefer Kasper myself but this would be a good candidate as well.

And do you think that every other player' date=' who is on at the very most half of 60k a week, are going to be really happy for that to happen? The wage structure doesn't just ensure you don't spend above your means but also that all players are on the same pay scale.[/quote']

I 100% agree with not busting our wage structure!

I seem to remember SuperMikey pushing for us to sign Darius Vassell last summer, he obviously hasn't changed his view regarding our transfer policy going forward!

I know it is unlikely but I would love to see us got for Clarence Seedorf and use him in the same way that Bolton did Jay Jay Okocha. I know I am dreaming and there is little chance but he is out of contract and wants one last challenge and has said he would love to play in the Premier League. The guy is still a class act.

I know it is unlikely but I would love to see us got for Clarence Seedorf and use him in the same way that Bolton did Jay Jay Okocha. I know I am dreaming and there is little chance but he is out of contract and wants one last challenge and has said he would love to play in the Premier League. The guy is still a class act.

Totally agree. I take it you watched Soccer Aid like me then? Quality player who is available on a free. Could be our Scholes.

Love the rumour about Tadanari Lee going to Barnsley on loan for 3 months :lol:

Can't see that aiding his football development , and would certainly set back any hope of learning English by spending three months in t' Bahnsley

As much as we want it to be true, it sounds more like a made up rumour. They've probably taken various post from this thread to come up with the story. If we were ever to off load puncheon, then Blackpool are probably one of two possible clubs who would take him. Millwall being the other club, after he had successful loan spells with each. Ince looks like he is going to be a very good player and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Saints shirt one day. But I'll believe it when I see :)

We need to sign Nick Powell from Crewe! 18 years old, Matt Le Tissier-esque player. Scored a cracker in their play-off final but has been doing it all season. He's a goalscoring midfielder which is what we need too. Stuff the big 6 clubs interested in him, let's make Southampton attractive and lure him here. There's no bad side to this transfer.

We need to sign Nick Powell from Crewe! 18 years old, Matt Le Tissier-esque player. Scored a cracker in their play-off final but has been doing it all season. He's a goalscoring midfielder which is what we need too. Stuff the big 6 clubs interested in him, let's make Southampton attractive and lure him here. There's no bad side to this transfer.

This boy looks good!

He looked class, but I think Man United have got their first, sadly.

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/opinions/man-utd-have-got-a-future-star-in-crewes-nick-powell/