Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

He might be... In time. SRL is player of the year and best player in the championship last season. No way we're dropping him for an expensive kid who we would have no chance of signing permanently. I'm confident Lambert will do well next season.

why couldn't they play together..?

Crazy how clubs like Chelsea just release £26m of signings in their prime. Kalou and Boswinga have done really well recently too, both will be great signings but sadly for a bigger club!

They have been released becoz they are not good enough, as most Chelsea fans will tell you. Certainly would not want them in our team.

They have been released becoz they are not good enough, as most Chelsea fans will tell you. Certainly would not want them in our team.

Not good enough for the European Champions, does not by default mean they wouldn't be good enough for a newly promoted Southampton side.

Not good enough for the European Champions, does not by default mean they wouldn't be good enough for a newly promoted Southampton side.

I'm not saying the two Chelsea lads wouldn't improve us, but the big clubs do contain **** players in their side every now and then. Koncheskey was at Liverpool two minutes ago and he wouldn't get in my 5 a side team.

My point being that at £26m of expenditure they damn well should be good enough. Besides, both have done well and come into the side to produce their winning run and CL trophy.

We have no chance, but let's not pretend either wouldn't be fantastic signings. A fast attacking right back and a fast goalscoring right sider or forward. They'll get good clubs no doubt.

Let's get some perspective here guys – yes both would be class players in our current side, however if we had a total budget of £26M to improve the squad for our new challenge in then PL (leaving aside wages etc.), which is probably more than we will have BTW, would you honestly invest it in these two? Yes, I know they are on a free etc. etc. however that was their value when acquired so that is how we should “measure their worth” as it were!

Kalou IMHO has massively underachieved for CFC – would you swap him for RL (at 10 times the wages??). How many goals has he scored on average per season?

Bosingwa – I like him but not best defensively, and again is he worth 5 to 10 times FR’s wages?

Even though we are in the top division, we are not in the same league (if you pardon the pun) – we need to invest wisely. Certainly not in these two – I bet MC/MU will not be lining up to sign them even on a free, which might just suggest something?

Let's get some perspective here guys – yes both would be class players in our current side, however if we had a total budget of £26M to improve the squad for our new challenge in then PL (leaving aside wages etc.), which is probably more than we will have BTW, would you honestly invest it in these two? Yes, I know they are on a free etc. etc. however that was their value when acquired so that is how we should “measure their worth” as it were!

Kalou IMHO has massively underachieved for CFC – would you swap him for RL (at 10 times the wages??). How many goals has he scored on average per season?

Bosingwa – I like him but not best defensively, and again is he worth 5 to 10 times FR’s wages?

Even though we are in the top division, we are not in the same league (if you pardon the pun) – we need to invest wisely. Certainly not in these two – I bet MC/MU will not be lining up to sign them even on a free, which might just suggest something?

Rickie must be on at least 20k+, so you reckon Kalou would be on 200k+ really?

you have to be joking

I have written some utter shyt on here many times

but you sir, take the cake

Youappear to have this blind belief that if a player is signed by one of the big 4/5 they are better players.. ask a Chelsea fan, I know lots of them and they were big mistakes made by the then Manager/Chairman. But if want to think they are great playeers, fine.

Youappear to have this blind belief that if a player is signed by one of the big 4/5 they are better players.. ask a Chelsea fan, I know lots of them and they were big mistakes made by the then Manager/Chairman. But if want to think they are great playeers, fine.

I don't think they are great players.

I do however, think that bosingwa is a tad better than butterfield

Rickie must be on at least 20k+, so you reckon Kalou would be on 200k+ really?

Pretty much - remember when A Cole left Arse for CFC as they would not match the $150K per week and that was some years ago, and Kalou was a hot shot bought for top money and wages I would imagine. Of course I cannot be sure, but it will not be less than 150K per week, and the point is still valid.

Possibly, but Kalou scores 1 in 10 chances and Boswinga can't defend.. its a mute argument, as I don't think NC/NA would buy them anyway, and there are plenty of clubs with money to waste.

Possibly, but Kalou scores 1 in 10 chances and Boswinga can't defend.. its a mute argument, as I don't think NC/NA would buy them anyway, and there are plenty of clubs with money to waste.

It's Bosingwa for starters, and he CAN defend. Ludicrous thing to say.

As for Kalou - pretty sure he's been playing on the right/left wing for Chelsea this season, and we need a right winger...

"Big mistakes" often play a combined 225 games for their clubs before getting found out.

-- Following recent speculation claiming Swansea City are interested in signing Bristol City winger Albert Adomah, the Daily Press reports that the Championship club would want at least £3million before agreeing a deal.

-- Winger Michail Antonio enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday this season and reports claim Dave Jones wants to sign him permanently. However, Reading have rejected a £350,000 for Antonio, according to getreading, and that the offer would need to be doubled.

I don't understand this place. Someone notes 2 good players are released...you say it's surprisingly, talk about how big clubs don't seem to worry about the odd 26m anymore. Someone suggests they aren't good enough for saints even though they clearly are but no-one suggested we had a chance of getting them in a million years. Then it descends into an actual debate on whether they'd be worth signing, which is pretty embarrassing.

Would I swap Kalou for Lambert at 10 times the wages? Why is this now the scenario? Player we couldn't afford available on a free, he isn't even a striker, but now I have to swap for Lambert? Will Kalou join us if we sacrifice Rickie Lambert to some Ivorian god?

Kalou is a good attacking midfielder who chips is with goals but hasn't always started for Chelsea. Boswinga is a good attacking right back who has started a huge number of games and done as well as most the other attacking right backs in the league people rate so highly. If either were somehow signed by us for 8m+ we'd be saying it's a good signing, so for free? No, again, we have no chance, but let's not pretend they wouldn't improve us dramatically.

As for wages, if they're players you'd spend a fair few million on while under contract, you'd think a whopping great signing on fee could compensate for lower wages. That's probably what will happen elsewhere anyway.

The bottom line regarding our transfer dealings this summer is that we should in NO WAY look to break our wage structure to attract so called superstars of the game! I'm not referring to any specific players, but we should look to follow the example set by Norwich & Swansea last season and DEFINITELY NOT the example set by QPR!

Both Norwich & Swansea bought players from the league that they had just left, that were of a similar level (if not better) than they already had. Norwich even bought a player from league 1 (Anthony Pilkington) who has performed to a good standard even though he jumped 2 leagues.

I'm sure some people would love us to sign players like Owen, Bosingwa & Kalou but the reality is that these players would want money that would be at least twice the money that the players that got us in to the Premier League are on (i.e. Lambert, Lallana & Hooiveld, Fonte, Davis, etc)! This transfer strategy would only result in our current players getting ****ed off by new players coming in on at least double their wages, and would damage the great team morale and togetherness that helped us to get back to the Premier League in the first place!

I'd rather we signed players like Rodriguez, Matt Phillips & Jordan Rhodes tbh! Players who are young, want to progress & IMO have the ability to improve the group of players we already have without disrupting the great work NC, NA and the current squad have done so far!

The bottom line regarding our transfer dealings this summer is that we should in NO WAY look to break our wage structure to attract so called superstars of the game! I'm not referring to any specific players, but we should look to follow the example set by Norwich & Swansea last season and DEFINITELY NOT the example set by QPR!

Both Norwich & Swansea bought players from the league that they had just left, that were of a similar level (if not better) than they already had. Norwich even bought a player from league 1 (Anthony Pilkington) who has performed to a good standard even though he jumped 2 leagues.

I'm sure some people would love us to sign players like Owen, Bosingwa & Kalou but the reality is that these players would want money that would be at least twice the money that the players that got us in to the Premier League are on (i.e. Lambert, Lallana & Hooiveld, Fonte, Davis, etc)! This transfer strategy would only result in our current players getting ****ed off by new players coming in on at least double their wages, and would damage the great team morale and togetherness that helped us to get back to the Premier League in the first place!

I'd rather we signed players like Rodriguez, Matt Phillips & Jordan Rhodes tbh! Players who are young, want to progress & IMO have the ability to improve the group of players we already have without disrupting the great work NC, NA and the current squad have done so far!

What he said

I'm hoping that is how we go about recruiting our players for next season too. I would much rather we take a chance on players like Matt Phillips and Rhodes who are hungry to prove themselves, than waste loads of money in wages on players like Owen and Hargreaves.

-- Following recent speculation claiming Swansea City are interested in signing Bristol City winger Albert Adomah, the Daily Press reports that the Championship club would want at least £3million before agreeing a deal.

-- Winger Michail Antonio enjoyed an impressive loan spell at Sheffield Wednesday this season and reports claim Dave Jones wants to sign him permanently. However, Reading have rejected a £350,000 for Antonio, according to getreading, and that the offer would need to be doubled.

I'd be happy with either of these gentlemen on our right wing this coming season.

And re above - Nidger is not a regular poster, but writing sense such of this above ... well, we don't see sensible posts very often. :)

Edited by the saint in winchester

Pretty much - remember when A Cole left Arse for CFC as they would not match the $150K per week and that was some years ago, and Kalou was a hot shot bought for top money and wages I would imagine. Of course I cannot be sure, but it will not be less than 150K per week, and the point is still valid.

not sure what type of dollar you are talking about, but it was widely reported that Arsenal offered him £55k a week. He had a tantrum and despite signing a one year extension he ****ed off to Chelsea the following season = they initially paid him £90k a week. I Imagine he's on a damn sight more than that now having signed a new deal in 2009.

When Kalou was linked with Arsenal last summer it was reported that he wanted £90k a week.I don't imagine that was a cut in wages.