Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

A fit Hargreaves would compliment Morgan perfectly. Big risk I know but you don't get anywhere without risks. I've always liked him as a player. Probably not our sort of signing though.

He just needs to play. Don't think getting fit then getting no first team football helps, more likely to pick up injuries. If he played a pre-season and came through friendlies why not sign him.

and michael owen

A fit Hargreaves would compliment Morgan perfectly. Big risk I know but you don't get anywhere without risks. I've always liked him as a player. Probably not our sort of signing though.

He just needs to play. Don't think getting fit then getting no first team football helps, more likely to pick up injuries. If he played a pre-season and came through friendlies why not sign him.

Totally agree. I'd be well chuffed if we signed Hargreaves.

Hargreaves still looks like he has something to prove, something to play for

Owen looks like he is just looking for a paycheck

Really?

Is that why Hargreaves went to City instead of West Brom?

They're both crocks after a pay-day. No thank you to both.

EDIT: Rembered Hargreaves was on pay as you play. But still, why not go to WBA?

Really?

Not saying I particularly want either but OH Appeals more than MO tbh

Really?

Because he believed (and was probably right too) that if he was fit he could challenge for a place in the first team at City. I'd put him on par with De Jong at least, and definitely better than Barry.

didn't want to move house, big club, stick two fingers up at United, more money, better, bigger club that is going places...

Really?

Oh come on, that's not a serious question is it?

cant believe ppl think Hardgreaves will be good for us, he's past it and very injury prone...no thanks dont fit the bill.

Unfortunately if he was still 26 and not injury prone then he would be well out of our price range and would only want a big club. This is the only way to get someone as good as him for free. Big risk but if it pays off he could do very well for us.

Unfortunately if he was still 26 and not injury prone then he would be well out of our price range and would only want a big club. This is the only way to get someone as good as him for free. Big risk but if it pays off he could do very well for us.

I'm sure he'd do well, in the 20 minutes he would play in a season.

If he's nearing fitness and past his injuries, Citeh would keep hold of him.

As good as Owen and Hargreaves once were, I just don't believe this is our policy these days. We're after young up- and coming players who will go on to represent their country.

Agreed generally think we will sign players in the early 20s probably from the lower leagues or abroad. Having said that one two older players with PL experince would probably help the team but they'd have to be

a) fit

b) cheap(ish)

So big name stars are probably unlikely. Who would fit the role as a PL Paul Wotton type character (but with some actual footballing ability)?

Agreed!!! Far too much piffle for my liking.

csspiffle.com/

Urban Dictionary: piffle

1. piffle. The act of having sex in an amphitheater. *two people walking along at an amplitheater* Person one: Piffle? buy piffle mugs & shirts · amphitheater ...

piffle - definition of piffle by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus ...

intr.v. pif·fled, pif·fling, pif·fles. To talk or act feebly or futilely. n. Foolish or futile talk or ideas; nonsense. [Origin unknown.] piffle [ˈpɪfəl] Informal. n. nonsense to ...

To piffle or not to piffle, that is the question?

Villa have also released Brad Guzan. The USA do some damn fine goalies. He has only been No2 as he has been behind first Brad Friedel and then Shay Given.

Sign him up?

A couple of Villa season tickets holders told me this morning that Heskey, Guzan & Cuellar had been released and the first thing I thought was Guzan wouldnt be the worst signing. A good keeper who has been unlucky that he's had Friedel & Given ahead of him who have been superb.

With their squad and money, that's just not true. He didn't get near their side so I doubt they want him. He's probably not good enough for them anymore even if fit. But we're nowhere near as good as them.

But if he was on a pay as you play basis, why would they want to let him go? If he was fit he would be a good player, no doubt, up there as a decent squad player.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2148385/Michu-wanted-Manchester-United-Liverpool.html

Michu now wanted by Man Utd and Liverpool. Might spoil any hopes we had of signing him, if our interest was real.

Interesting cross-section of clubs that want him...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7773118/Michu-waits-on-offers

A couple of Villa season tickets holders told me this morning that Heskey, Guzan & Cuellar had been released and the first thing I thought was Guzan wouldnt be the worst signing. A good keeper who has been unlucky that he's had Friedel & Given ahead of him who have been superb.

I always Cuellar was a pretty good player too. Not been first choice on the team sheet recently but was great in 2010 season.

Heskey's been released by Villa. We could go in for him as well, and maybe wind up with the starting 11 that beat Germany in Munich in 2001...

Emile Heskey has the same number of World Cup goals as Lionel Messi.

Sign him up,I would love to see this at SMS,he is not called the "Black Messi " for nothing

Cuellar and Guzan wouldn't be bad signings, if they came here for reasonable wages. Cuellar a glaring example of why O'Neill left villa. Signed him due to his fom as a CB for Rangers. £7-8m? Presumably big wages. Then played solely at right back, despite it not being his best position (I realise he can play there). Crazy. If he could recapture his Scotland form, could be awesome.

Definitely no for Lukaku for me. Considering the fee he went for, imagine Chelsea would want a sizeable loan fee and his wages would be big. Considering he is a target man, he would essentially only be back up for Lambert, so think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Cuellar and Guzan wouldn't be bad signings, if they came here for reasonable wages. Cuellar a glaring example of why O'Neill left villa. Signed him due to his fom as a CB for Rangers. £7-8m? Presumably big wages. Then played solely at right back, despite it not being his best position (I realise he can play there). Crazy. If he could recapture his Scotland form, could be awesome.

Definitely no for Lukaku for me. Considering the fee he went for, imagine Chelsea would want a sizeable loan fee and his wages would be big. Considering he is a target man, he would essentially only be back up for Lambert, so think the money could be better spent elsewhere.

he might be better than lambert..?

Another player linked on twitter is Simon Kjaer. Just by a random person so lots of salt to be added me thinks

I'm guilty here. That was a rumour I started on Football Rumours to see if it would filter back on here. Seems I was right! Kjaer is one of the top defenders in Europe and is joining Roma, his loan club. Not. A. Chance.

Now if we can get that Andreas Bellend fella...

I'm guilty here. That was a rumour I started on Football Rumours to see if it would filter back on here. Seems I was right! Kjaer is one of the top defenders in Europe and is joining Roma, his loan club. Not. A. Chance.

Now if we can get that Andreas Bellend fella...

Just shows how easy things get filtered through isn't it.

he might be better than lambert..?

He might be... In time. SRL is player of the year and best player in the championship last season. No way we're dropping him for an expensive kid who we would have no chance of signing permanently. I'm confident Lambert will do well next season.