Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Dare I suggest, that instead of posters keep going on about 'back up' players, that we look for better than we already have, then the likes of Fox could be the back up players, just a thought.

*Sigh*

Ok Shorey => Fox > Harding, its how I see it.

Yes, agree that its only worthwhile buying players better than that we already have but would that be feasible across the whole team in every position. In some instances we would need decent player that could do a job so similar level.

I'm not advocating dross coming in as Saints had the last time they were in the Premier League.

Rudi Skacel bagged a brace in the Scottish cup final today..... Not sure there is time to sign him for next season though.

I'm staggered that it has taken 32 pages and over 1500 posts before this name appears.

Can we get Carsten Jancker, Oliver Bierhoff, and Javier De Pedro out of the way as well, whilst we're at it ?

Agent_ITK ‏@Agent_ITK Southampton bid for Hooper is in the region of £14m. #Football #celtic

B0ll0cks ! No way will we spend that on a single player this summer, certainly not on Hooper.

Indeed, that would be overpaying.....

I'd imagine if it is true, it's ''up to 14m'' and it's based on all sorts of random clauses.

Clauses or not, it's way over the odds. If we have 14M to spend on a striker I'd hope we would get someone with a far higher pedigree.

Sure it's not true but even the 7M being quoted is too much IMO but I guess these prices are relatively normal these days.

Ryan Nelson ex Blackburn central defender. I know he is getting on but great player out of contract. Could play another season and would settle the back line.

Definitely not, too old and no better than anyone in our team. Probably the weirdest transfer ever him going to Spurs over christmas in the first place but Owen has more of a place in our squad than him.

Craig Gordon trending on twitter, seems like every fan of all 92 league clubs want him to sign, supposedly the red hot favourites to sign him are..........Ipswich!!

91 clubs, doubt Sunderland want him back just now....

Mods, please can we have a sticky announcement thingy explaining the following:

Signing Skacel and Messi - It's just not funny any more.

The following 'jokes' have been made on this forum every day since the beginning of time. They aren't funny and they barely raised a chuckle the first time we heard them:

"Hey Skacel just scored a goal, HCDAJFU"

"We need a new LW/LB now that xxxxxx has gone. How about that Czech bloke at Spurs"

"We've brought back Chaplow and Cork from the past, how about Skacel, HCDAJFU"

"Rudi Skacel has just bought a house in Winchester next door to Martin O'Neil and Karsten Janker"

and then there's

"No don't sign xxxxxx, we need to sign Messi FFS!" (Apparently sarcasm makes this funny).

"Our fans wont be happy unless Messi FFS!" (usually said by a complete mong in response to a perfectly reasonable "I don't rate xxxxxx HCDAJFU" post)

"We're going to build a 70,000 seat stadium and sign Messi."

and so on. It's like Godwin's law of internet message boards (basically every internet discussion will eventually end up in a silly comparison with Hitler or Nazi Germany. Except it's 'Lionel's law of Saints web discussions; Every conversation will eventually end up with a retarded, sarcastic comparison to Messi.

Royston Drenthe is out of contract with Real and won't be signing for Everton as he fell out with Moyes. No idea what wages he'd ask for, but he's the sort of pacy, goal scoring winger who CDAJFU.

Unlikely I know, particularly as he's said he wants to head back to Holland, but just another name to throw in the hat.

Edited by CWD

rumours..today

Hooper (seem to be everywhere)

Philips

Reo-Coker

Clyne

Curtis

just had a flick through some Celtic forums...they are NOT happy what so ever at the fee of £7m being banded around.

he is a complete goal machine up there and scores all sorts of goals and is still quite young. (their words)

and that WHEN he goes south then he is easily heading for bigger things than southampton.

Jelevic has done well at Everton and Hooper scores a lot more goals...and all different types too

Edited by Thedelldays

Signing Skacel and Messi - It's just not funny any more.

The following 'jokes' have been made on this forum every day since the beginning of time. They aren't funny and they barely raised a chuckle the first time we heard them:

"Hey Skacel just scored a goal, HCDAJFU"

"We need a new LW/LB now that xxxxxx has gone. How about that Czech bloke at Spurs"

"We've brought back Chaplow and Cork from the past, how about Skacel, HCDAJFU"

"Rudi Skacel has just bought a house in Winchester next door to Martin O'Neil and Karsten Janker"

and then there's

"No don't sign xxxxxx, we need to sign Messi FFS!" (Apparently sarcasm makes this funny).

"Our fans wont be happy unless Messi FFS!" (usually said by a complete mong in response to a perfectly reasonable "I don't rate xxxxxx HCDAJFU" post)

"We're going to build a 70,000 seat stadium and sign Messi."

and so on. It's like Godwin's law of internet message boards (basically every internet discussion will eventually end up in a silly comparison with Hitler or Nazi Germany. Except it's 'Lionel's law of Saints web discussions; Every conversation will eventually end up with a retarded, sarcastic comparison to Messi.

TBF Rudi has scored 18 goals this season.

Alan Nixon (Sports write for The People/The Mirror) talking about this on twitter:

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko was that your piece on Adkins Al?

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

@dankiz1 Yup. Complicated as u can see. Been a nagging doubt for a few weeks. See how this one unfolds.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko is there a vibe in the ether? His comments after cov game were strange, we all thought something was afoot!

@dankiz1 I don't know whether Adkins is fearing a problem or whether there is one. That's why I held off for weeks. Cortese wants sexy ...

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko saying that NA deserves his shot, players play for him and he has done wonders! RDM wont get cfc job but too big 4 us now

@dankiz1 I don't know the workings of the top man's mind. It could be that the manager is just a bit jumpy. But heard it from three angles.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko so imp for us to recruit prem players now for impetus in new season, not change manager! NC could risk everything

@dankiz1 Big call for club. Do u go for big names or not? If u r loaded, why not? Could be a Don Mackay-Kenny Dalglish moment ...

@dankiz1 As always it will come down to the man who controls the purse strings. A situation to be watched.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko I am torn tbh! Still think 1 or 2 experienced prem players with potential of Ince and Phillips would be way forward

@dankiz1 U can't knock Cortese's management even if he is a man of mystery. Shrewd and prepared to spend. It is down to him.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko on another note, do you think RDM will get #cfc job? Listening to players last night, vibe was no? Was capello there?

@dankiz1 Who knows where Chelsea go from here? Roman done what he wanted. Does he kick on or lose interest? Not my problem.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko can see Roman walking but u r right, not our problem! more to think about seeing if saints can get 4th place lol

@dankiz1 If u spend wisely it will put u ahead of your rivals. Money makes a big difference in bottom half.

To be fair to that guy, he was first to know about the Billy Sharp deal. He certainly seems to have some links in Southampton. Fingers crossed we just let Adkins have a go, he could be our Alex Ferguson.

That interview at the end of the season was still odd though.

That interview at the end of the season was still odd though.

Exactly. I would write this straight off, but that interview and the fact it has come from this guy, who's been on the ball for announcing several deals before they were officially announced or well-known makes me at least consider it to potentially have some credibility.

I remember Pardew's comments after the tonking of Bristol Rovers - this could have all the hallmarks of a repeat. I really hope not, but if Cortese is as ambitious as he seems to be, then 'evolution' may not just be limited to the players? It would be a terrible and unjust decision which wouldn't go down well with the true fans. Football is taking over the asylum.

Will we be allowed to refer to Oliver Bierhoff, deMarcus Beasley or Michael Owen once your ban on references to Messrs Skacel amd Messi is introduced.

If you have a problem reading stuff on internet message boards then find yourself something else to do, its not meant to be taken seriously (although some people clearly think it should) and when there is no football actually being played it becomes a joke in itself. Anyway why would we want Messi, can't even get his team into the CL final, clearly washed up, we can do better.