Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

maybe he is peed off he never got an England call up.....

Wouldn't have made any difference if he was playing for another team though, there are players ahead of him such as Crouch, Sturridge etc.

To be fair, he'd never have been considered if it wasn't for Norwich - so it's a bit **** what he's done.

Wonder if this will rock the boat at Norwich?

Peinner, Jarivs, Adam Johnson, Jay Rodriguez.....wow, if this is the calbire of players we're looking at then that's exciting. I just hope it's not all talk again, and we actually sign them!

we won't..we will sign steady players and people will be going mental saying X, Y or Z is not good enough..they will then show that they are...ETC ETC ETC

maybe he (Grant Holt) is peed off he never got an England call up.....

that's the way I would read it, too. He thinks he needs to get out of the backwaters in Norfolk and into a higher profile Prem club where Hodgson will see him play regularly. Could be wrong, of course. I think he should stay put and public opinion will sway Hodgson sooner or later.

I`m sure that this has been posted elsewhere, but has anyone seen this guy? Genuine? WUM?

Football Agent South [h=2]@South_Agent[/h]Football Agent - Inside transfer gossip from Southampton, Manchester City, Newcastle United, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Tottenham, & more.

i`m sure that this has been posted elsewhere, but has anyone seen this guy? Genuine? Wum?

Football agent south [h=2]@south_agent[/h]football agent - inside transfer gossip from southampton, manchester city, newcastle united, sunderland, portsmouth, tottenham, & more.

wum wum wum wum wum

Peinner, Jarivs, Adam Johnson, Jay Rodriguez.....wow, if this is the calbire of players we're looking at then that's exciting. I just hope it's not all talk again, and we actually sign them!

J-Rod maybe. The others, dream on.

Wages will be the deal breaker, even on the off chance they would think of coming here.

Is that for real? What an ungrateful cvnt!
why is he ungrateful? He got them promotion and kept them up. He's 31 and wants his pay day. Norwich clearly are not going to repeat previous mistakes with wages so can't offer what he can get elsewhere. Everton or whoever will have offered to double is wages and who the hell wouldn't move for a wage rise like that? He owes Norwich nothing.

Also at 31 this is probably his last chance for a real payday. On the other hand if Norwich don't have to sell they can just say no and reject all bids, Holt isn't really at an age where he can afford to spend a season sulking and not trying in the hopes he may get his way.

Could just be trying to get a better contract though.

Why "dream on"? Especially in the case of Matthew Jarvis.

I was more pointing toward the Pieenar and Johnson. Absolutely ridiculous to think we'd have any chance of signing them on our first season back in the top flight. And I think Jarvis is a real longshot. Apparently top 10 sides will be in for him, and the sort of prices being chucked around are massive. You think we're going to be signing £7-8m players? And paying £35-40k a week?

I was more pointing toward the Pieenar and Johnson. Absolutely ridiculous to think we'd have any chance of signing them on our first season back in the top flight. And I think Jarvis is a real longshot. Apparently top 10 sides will be in for him, and the sort of prices being chucked around are massive. You think we're going to be signing £7-8m players? And paying £35-40k a week?

MLG thinks we will sign Pieenar and Johnson??? :lol: that boy cracks me up :lol:

We'll have to eventually. Those are fairly standard fee's and wages for good prem players.

You think we're going to be signing £7-8m players? And paying £35-40k a week?

Why is that so hard to believe? It appears Saints made bids not far short of that (transfer fee wise) for Rodriguez and Hooper whilst in the Championship, without Premier League TV money to call on. Those kinds of transfer fees and wages are quite common for mid table Premier League sides.

Edited by Matthew Le God

My missus is massively in love with David Bentley, after she met him when he played for Norwich. (I'd question her judgement but then she is with me after all...) I'd love it if we signed him as I'd never have to persuade her to come to St Mary's ever again! He's a good player too, would sort the right midfield spot out, but I'd suggest he's destined for a mid-table Prem team.

I'm loving the names we're linking ourselves with on here, but I reckon our first signing will bring us back to earth with a bump.

Holt situation has shocked me a bit, seems quite disloyal of him tbh considering they took him from Shrewsbury to the Premier League in a few seasons... He's probably been tapped up by the same team that Lambert's going to.

Adam Johnson would be an absolutely incredible signing, but I doubt he'd want to come to us. Maybe on loan for a few months to try and force his way back into the Citeh squad but probably not on a permanent. Still, if we do end up signing him it would be a massive, massive coup. This rumour seems like a load of sh!te though.

David Bentley had a distinctly average season at West Ham, struggled with injuries and was inconsistent. Doesn't seem like the kind of player we'd sign tbh.

Pienaar, like Johnson, would be a fantastic signing. Still, he's hero-worshipped at Goodison and if they want him then he'll want to go back there. Would be ecstatic if we got him though.

I reckon Lambert and Lallana are probably on 30k now, after promotion. So yes I do.

Pretty sure we have our keeper lined up.

Always said Kasper was our no 1 choice and I reckon 4m will swing it, Watching Leicester to see if they bring one in.

I see they spent big on a non league player which suggests they have money to spend.

Pretty sure we have our keeper lined up.

Always said Kasper was our no 1 choice and I reckon 4m will swing it, Watching Leicester to see if they bring one in.

I see they spent big on a non league player which suggests they have money to spend.

For £4m, I'd rather we tried for Butland at Brum, and we might still have some change left.

Kasper is of course a good GK, but I think his reputation and value is enhanced by his surname, how highly might he be rated if it was Smith or Arkwright ?

For £4m, I'd rather we tried for Butland at Brum, and we might still have some change left.

Kasper is of course a good GK, but I think his reputation and value is enhanced by his surname, how highly might he be rated if it was Smith or Arkwright ?

I've seen Butland play quite a few times and I have never been impressed. I remember watching Local side Southend United play Cheltenham here on a Friday night and he was absolutely all over the place. He was at fault for all 4 goals, he was an absolute shambles. From kicking, to saves, to claiming crosses, everything was abysmal.

Although this was just one game, I do think he is over-rated.

I've seen Butland play quite a few times and I have never been impressed. I remember watching Local side Southend United play Cheltenham here on a Friday night and he was absolutely all over the place. He was at fault for all 4 goals, he was an absolute shambles. From kicking, to saves, to claiming crosses, everything was abysmal.

Although this was just one game, I do think he is over-rated.

Interesting. Living in Cheltenham, many locals here would disagree with you.As do 'Woy' and the England set up.

Nobody is until they sign a new contract.

I dont follow, surely there could be a clause in the contracts they signed last year which stipulates a pay rise of X % upon reaching The Premiership, much the same as there is often a thing nowadays where there is a salary cut upon relegation.

My missus is massively in love with David Bentley, after she met him when he played for Norwich. (I'd question her judgement but then she is with me after all...) I'd love it if we signed him as I'd never have to persuade her to come to St Mary's ever again! He's a good player too, would sort the right midfield spot out, but I'd suggest he's destined for a mid-table Prem team.

I'm loving the names we're linking ourselves with on here, but I reckon our first signing will bring us back to earth with a bump.

Usual TSW nonsense of course. This time last year people were on about us signing Scott Parker and Shay Given. The only people who will be brought down to earth are the clowns who actually believe half the stuff on here.

Why do you take the most over the top posts of a tiny minority of people and suggest the entire forum is thinking that way?

Read it again. "the only people who will be brought back to earth are the clowns who actually believe half of the stuff on here"

That was aimed at you. If you think we are going to sign Adam frigging Johnson.

We need 2 keepers with Bart leaving. Guess he didn't want to be 3rd choice but that's what we needed him for. For any criticism of him an any poor form, he's 1000 times better than Forecast. Still curious as to his actual level, be interesting to see whether he or Pompey end up lower.

More to the point it appears the club did not want him to be 3rd choice.

Gordon is great for free. Surprised he's been released, good keeper with his prime ahead. Won't find a better value keeper than that.

Has been very injury prone at Sunderland but definately worth a look, especially on a free. He will be a very, very good keeper if someone can get him fit and keep him injury free. Having met him just before he left Hearts to join Sunderland, he could do with working on a few weights to just bulk up a bit, whether that would be enough to help get over some of his problems - who know's.