Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Leicester have paid £1m up front, and 700k on future bits and bobs. But it's insane either way you look at it, We got sharp for Less....

I think we were interested, but obviously they flew past our ''fair price''...

I'd love to know what Nicola valued him at.

At 25, it's quite late to be breaking into the professional game. Fair play to him though.

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/News/0,,10366~2774175,00.html

Have their release list out.

Nicky Shorey would be good as cover for Fox as I think Harding will be found out in the premier league. Also allowing Shaw to be eased in as and when practical.

Dare I suggest, that instead of posters keep going on about 'back up' players, that we look for better than we already have, then the likes of Fox could be the back up players, just a thought.

Dare I suggest, that instead of posters keep going on about 'back up' players, that we look for better than we already have, then the likes of Fox could be the back up players, just a thought.

AMEN! It's getting the balance right about players that will genuinely improve us, not disrupt the balance of the squad and are realistic targets. Rodriguez, Trippier, Trotter all fit that bill as you'd think they'd all be pushing for a starting birth. I think we'll have a better idea of our targetted areas and match those to these names flying around once the retained list is published.

Tuncay?

Might be available for free. Good squad player.

Christ no, you've got to be joking. In what way is a striker who has scored one goal this season (against Macclesfield) a good squad player. He's never been close to prolific at any point in his career.

So do Bailey and Gemmel know something new?

No mate. The closest Ive ever been to being ITK is Paul Scharner and even with that, I have no idea if we reached out to him or his agent has has approached us.(Which they all do and to every club, so it wouldnt mean much, if it was that way round).

Christ no, you've got to be joking. In what way is a striker who has scored one goal this season (against Macclesfield) a good squad player. He's never been close to prolific at any point in his career.

I'm not sure he is an out and out striker though. Can play on the wing too. Still got quality.

We will not buy squad players. I believe we will buy better than what we have and the current players in the starting line up will become squad players.

You might well be right.

another rumour...

we have enquired about getting adam johnson on a season long loan

From Transfer Rumours Site

18 May 2012 09:16:44

Southampton planning swoop for Adam Johnson somewhere in the region of £8m. Adkins sees him as giving perfect balance on the right for Lallana.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

OH MY GOD.!!

Please let this be true.

Source.?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It would all depend on his wages..if this rumour is true of course.

Now this is one Saints rumour which seems believable!

In my opinion Adam Johnson is one of the most underrated premier league players, City could and should easily be able to get £20+ million if they decide to sell him. And for his sake I hope he would go to a bigger club than Southampton.. It's a joke how he's not in the England squad really

I am a saints fan but a lot of relations from manchester and they say there is some weight in this story and there is strong rumours coming out of the etihad but talking 6.5 million coyr

Usually this guy would be slated but alot of people seem to believe him? I cant see us getting him at all to be honest as he should at minimum be playing for a team in european competitions. Just to get him on a loan deal would be a miracle but he certainly would be a great signing. An excellent player who in my opinion should be in the England 23 man squad.

Edited by Saint Scott

Leicester have signed Jamie Vardy for a fee rising to 1.7m, that is INSANE for a non-league player...

Odd really, given that there were stories around in January that we had done a deal to take him at the end of the season for about the same amount. Maybe it was felt that step up to the PL was a bit too much. Still he will get good backing with the other Nigel at Leicester, looks like NP is planning to build a youthful team to fight for promotion next season, will probably succeed where SGE failed dramatically, good coach who knows how to get the best out of young players - Leicester would probably have gone up if they hadn't ****ed up by replacing NP with the Swedish knob-head.

As I understand it - Mr Johnson likes a drink or 6 & is a big time charlie. Mancicni not impressed by his personality or effort in training. He is prepared to let him go for the right money.

Source is a youth team scout at Citeh.

No word on our interest either..........................BUT doubt we could cover his wages????

From Transfer Rumours Site

18 May 2012 09:16:44

Southampton planning swoop for Adam Johnson somewhere in the region of £8m. Adkins sees him as giving perfect balance on the right for Lallana.

OH MY GOD.!!

Please let this be true.

Source.?

It would all depend on his wages..if this rumour is true of course.

Now this is one Saints rumour which seems believable!

In my opinion Adam Johnson is one of the most underrated premier league players, City could and should easily be able to get £20+ million if they decide to sell him. And for his sake I hope he would go to a bigger club than Southampton.. It's a joke how he's not in the England squad really

I am a saints fan but a lot of relations from manchester and they say there is some weight in this story and there is strong rumours coming out of the etihad but talking 6.5 million coyr

Usually this guy would be slated but alot of people seem to believe him? I cant see us getting him at all to be honest as he should at minimum be playing for a team in european competitions. Just to get him on a loan deal would be a miracle but he certainly would be a great signing. An excellent player who in my opinion should be in the England 23 man squad.

As I understand it - Mr Johnson likes a drink or 6 & is a big time charlie. Mancicni not impressed by his personality or effort in training. He is prepared to let him go for the right money.

Source is a youth team scout at Citeh.

No word on our interest either..........................BUT doubt we could cover his wages????

City are full of players like that look at Tevez and Ballotelli for example. NA would be able to get him under control and if he was playing regularly im sure he would buck his ideas up. If there is even the slightest possibility of getting him we should be doing everything in our power to sign him. If the wages were an issue maybe a seasons loan with an option to buy next year (assuming we retain our PL status)

Everton have just released six players: James McFadden and Marcus Hahnemann, Adam Davies, Connor Roberts, Aristotle Nsiala and Femi Orenuga.

I really hope we aren't looking at any of those.

McFadden is the only one I've heard of. Rest youth/reserve players?

Hahnemann was their back up keeper, played at wolves for two seasons before, had one good run of form in 09/10 but was appalling 10/11.

At 39 he really isn't worth a look (won't be like Friedel getting better with age)

Grant Holt has just put in a transfer request at Norwich; the club have quickly rejected it.

Someone on their board said he was told he wanted to go to Saints last week and now hes trying to force the move though.

Hope not for your sake, hes a fat cheat.

Someone on their board said he was told he wanted to go to Saints last week and now hes trying to force the move though.

We know all about his cheating ways. Tried to time waste at St. Mary's in the JPT while Norwich were 2-1 up going into the final minute, referee had none of it and we went straight up the other end and scored.

Hope not for your sake, hes a fat cheat.[/QUOTE]

..who has had a good season and scored goals in Prem. and is ...a good pal of Rickie Lambert (according to comment in RL interview)

and he's probably only fat ...because he isn't " Saints - fit " yet.

Can't imagine people would think that if he played for their team, he is a very good player.

The fat thing, like Lambert is a myth.

Everton looked Lambert end of last year and concluded he wasn't mobile enough. That comes from an Everton board member.

My source tells me they have enquired recently. Could be from last year maybe. Maybe they think he has improved since last year which he has in my opinion. We will want premier league money though. I was told Liverpool enquired too but don't know whether to believe that or not.

My source tells me they have enquired recently. Could be from last year maybe. Maybe they think he has improved since last year which he has in my opinion. We will want premier league money though. I was told Liverpool enquired too but don't know whether to believe that or not.

I doubt either have enquired recently, it's all down to the fact that he's a scouser and people put 2 and 2 together and make 10401240250250.

I'm shocked at Grant Holt though, I can only assume that he's been tapped up by a 'decent' sized club - but he's gone about it the wrong way.

I doubt either have enquired recently, it's all down to the fact that he's a scouser and people put 2 and 2 together and make 10401240250250.

I'm shocked at Grant Holt though, I can only assume that he's been tapped up by a 'decent' sized club - but he's gone about it the wrong way.

maybe he is peed off he never got an England call up.....