Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Klasnic as back up for SRL isnt a bad call. Reo Coker seemed to have spent his life itching to be somewhere else wherever he's been and appears to have the loyalty of an alley cat and a huge opinion of himself....so thats a no from me.

I dont think he will stay at Everton. He basically said goodbye and thankyou on Twitter.

We shall have to see on that one,why only the other day Tim Howard was saying how important it was for Pienaar to be signed

permanently.Pienaar has legal troubles though, he's on bail awaiting sentencing at the moment, just a couple of speedings but he didn't turn up in court and there was an arrest warrant out for him at one time.

Klasnic as back up for SRL isnt a bad call. Reo Coker seemed to have spent his life itching to be somewhere else wherever he's been and appears to have the loyalty of an alley cat and a huge opinion of himself....so thats a no from me.

Glad to see this opinion of Reo Coker as that is my impression as well.

This is of course true

And I would have thought you would have known my opinions better than to assume I would be happy paying him an extortionate amount ?

But at the right wage etc He could be a decent signing, obv that also depends on the level we are aiming (with signing) to be at.

established premiership players will all be on extortionate wages, especially goalscorers that have moved a few times for big money. what's the right wage for him 30, 40, 50, 60k a week?

just had a quick look on the longside (burnley forum) and one rumour was mentioned....

sunderland have beid £5m for Jay-rod with Westwood in exchange and Wickham in a season long loan

another poster reckons newcastle beckons for Rodriguez and Trippier....the latter being a replacement for simpson

just had a quick look on the longside (burnley forum) and one rumour was mentioned....

sunderland have beid £5m for Jay-rod with Westwood in exchange and Wickham in a season long loan

another poster reckons newcastle beckons for Rodriguez and Trippier....the latter being a replacement for simpson

Saw somewhere that Newcastle's top targets for right back are Debuchy and Clyne.

Newcastle want Trippier, but they're trying for another RB first - if that fails, then they'll go for Trippier. Depends if he wants to hang around in limbo waiting to be 2nd choice...

Jay Rodriguez will generate alot of interest from middle-sized premiership clubs because he's a top, top young player. It's very clear that we like him, we want him, and we've tried in the past. With the extra $$$ we now have and the lure of the PL, I think we could be in a decent position....

Apparently we've acted very well when dealing with Burnley, which is why they allowed us to keep a 'bid' on the table and revist at a later date.

I will be completely honest..I have never seen anything of J-rod other than tiny clips on the football league show.

what sort of player is he...I know he is young...is he good in the air...is he quick...good feet..?

I've seen him Live twice, and I know that's not a great deal to judge, but you could see from those 2 snippets that he's got quality. He's very skilled on the ball, very clever with his movement and has an exceptional touch. He's not slow, but not massively pacey - but he's always quite a target and scores alot of headers.

I think there will be two strategies to the transfer window.

1) Young(ish) English players ON THE UP in their career. e.g. Rodriguez, Trippier, M Phillips, Ince, Clyne. players who may well be more expensive to purchase but will over time become more valuable (just in case of need to sell) but more importantly potentially International class or very near to it. I expect 4 or 5 of these.

2) Fairly experienced Foreign players who may have reached their peak or are just on their way down so to speak and maybe are a level below International. I suspect these to be the cheaper (in comparison to english/british equivalents) options...and almost certainly players most of us haven't heard of! I expect 2 or 3 of these.

I will be completely honest..I have never seen anything of J-rod other than tiny clips on the football league show.

what sort of player is he...I know he is young...is he good in the air...is he quick...good feet..?

Recent article on him... Gives you a rough idea...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9665668.Dobson__Jay_Rod_is_hot_property/

very hard to judge him on the game at SMS as the service to him was non existent. I didn't see anything there to impress at all, but if the ball is smashed miles high and wide of you what hope have you got? I was more impressed with the movement and threat of Austin, but likewise he didn't have much to work with.

very hard to judge him on the game at SMS as the service to him was non existent. I didn't see anything there to impress at all, but if the ball is smashed miles high and wide of you what hope have you got? I was more impressed with the movement and threat of Austin, but likewise he didn't have much to work with.

He probably didn't stand out too much, but because of our interest in him I kind of followed him most of the game. Looked pretty assured in the glimpses I saw, and his goal scoring record this year is excellent.

He's the one player I really want us to sign...have done since the interest came out tbh.

...and I thought the 1m we were supposed to be signing him for was mental....

Leicester have paid £1m up front, and 700k on future bits and bobs. But it's insane either way you look at it, We got sharp for Less....

I think we were interested, but obviously they flew past our ''fair price''...