Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Thankfully Adkins will have a bit more sense and not be quite so black and white about everything. Bet we see a striker signed who'll actually fit into the squad, compliment what we already have and be on the way up career wise.

I'm not sure how many clubs being successful without big names it'll take before fans stop pining for mercenaries. Makes it such a fcking depressing sport, just ignorance making egos rich. Can just see some of you sat there wetting yourselves over Owen, Yakubu and Barton.

what is wrong with Yakubu..?

Thankfully Adkins will have a bit more sense and not be quite so black and white about everything. Bet we see a striker signed who'll actually fit into the squad, compliment what we already have and be on the way up career wise.

I'm not sure how many clubs being successful without big names it'll take before fans stop pining for mercenaries. Makes it such a fcking depressing sport, just ignorance making egos rich. Can just see some of you sat there wetting yourselves over Owen, Yakubu and Barton.

Blackpool didnt sign big names and they were relegated!

+ QPR have been better than Norwich and Swansea since Hughes was appointed!!!

what is wrong with Yakubu..?

Slow, often lazy and goes missing from games, a bit like Rasiak he has an incredible eye for goal though. He is also from Nigeria and this means that honestly short of doing a bone-age study no-one truly knows his age barring him and his mother.

Who mentioned Zak Whitbread? Confirmed today released on a free. Played 20 something games in the prem this season, but the Norwich back line kept what, two clean sheets? Not sure if he was involved in those either! I think like others, he'd be no more than a "back up" player behind Jos and Jose - something we can ill afford to have with the 25 man squad rule. I'd rather someone than can challenge those two for a starting spot please.

Is N'gog one of the Bolton guys on a free? Would be worth getting if so - even with a fee if it isnt too much, still young, tall, pacey and had three years in the PL already.

No thanks, given how little he's done the three years is more of a negative than positive!

No thanks, given how little he's done the three years is more of a negative than positive!

Fair enough, I just checked one of their forearms and they don't seem to convinced by him earlier! Think I saw him score a good goal earlier in the season and thought he was doing alright. Guess that was the trouble with us being out the top flight for me, didnt follow the PL as much!

Slow, often lazy and goes missing from games, a bit like Rasiak he has an incredible eye for goal though. He is also from Nigeria and this means that honestly short of doing a bone-age study no-one truly knows his age barring him and his mother.

Brilliant!

They did a piece on the Football Ramble podcast about the true age of Nwa.nko Kanu. One of the presenters is a skate, and made a wry remark about Kanu being really good at the start of the season, but knackered at the end. He also said that he'd spoken to one of Kanu's physiotherapists, who reckoned that Kanu was 48! Finally, lots of Pompey kids born in the year that he scored the winning FA Cup goal have the middle name Nwan.kwo.

Warms the cockles, that one. Pompey fans writing wa.nk on their own kids' birth certificates.

Edited by pap

Is he young? No

Is he hungry? No

Fails the Fit and Proper Players Test!

He is younger than Rickie and who tells you we are only signing young players. I would take Xavi any day of the week. And you dont know how hungry Yakubu is, maybe he really wants to play and win things.

... that said I don't want him.

Craig Gordon -free yes please

Reo-coaker -free yes please

I thInk if I was to go for an ambitious signing/loan or two

Aquilani? He's Italian after all LOL...

Jo Man City forward?

De Santos wasted at Spurs IMO

David Bentley assuming he's injury free

Jermain Jenas?

Craig Gordon -free yes please

Reo-coaker -free yes please

I thInk if I was to go for an ambitious signing/loan or two

Aquilani? He's Italian after all LOL...

Jo Man City forward?

De Santos wasted at Spurs IMO

David Bentley assuming he's injury free

Jermain Jenas?

Gordon - Injured a lot

Reo-Coker - not a bad idea for a free

Aquilani - injury prone

Jo - left man city last summer back to Brazil to try and revive his career

De Santos - 6m-8m Spurs wanted from a spanish team for him, probably too much....

Bentley - Would fail the personality test

Jenas - yeeeeeeeno

So Yakubu is just a goal scorer who adds nothing much else to the team

So...

He is a quicker, better Billy sharp ?

I dont see your point, not wanting the Yak for free is effing mental

I dont see your point, not wanting the Yak for free is effing mental
if he wants £120,000 a week, a million quid plus to sign, a million bonus for seeing out every year of his contract and god knows how much for every game, goal, assist, minute on the pitch and day at training then the guy isn't really free is he?

The guy is a goalscorer, but his all round game is terrible. Effectively we'd be playing with 10 for most of the game whilst he waited for chances to be put on a plate. In the right side that might work, but in ours we probably need someone to shake a leg to compliment Lambert, not stand around all game. We had a very similar player in Stern John. He scored goals but he offered little in terms of work rate and we certainly didn't defend from the front. A bit more work rate and a few less goals and we may have won more games.

Edited by Chez

if he wants £120,000 a week, a million quid plus to sign, a million bonus for seeing out every year of his contract and god knows how much for every game, goal, assist, minute on the pitch and day at training then the guy isn't really free is he?

This is of course true

And I would have thought you would have known my opinions better than to assume I would be happy paying him an extortionate amount ?

But at the right wage etc He could be a decent signing, obv that also depends on the level we are aiming (with signing) to be at.

This just happened....

Matt Le Tissier

@themichaelowen maybe the warmer south coast should be your next destination mate better for your muscles :-)

michael owen

@mattletiss7 Open to offers!!!

Which is roughly translated as last year I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole as they were a s**tty Champ side but now they're flush with Prem cash I'm well interested.

Which is roughly translated as last year I wouldn't have touched them with a barge pole as they were a s**tty Champ side but now they're flush with Prem cash I'm well interested.

that would be the same for all of our transfer targets I would have thought..

reading after joe cole....THAT would be a great signing

Owen again...boring now...every window, the same boring topics on here...

Just for the record, Owen would be a disaster...he is old, wants a fat cat salary...doesn't do anything in the game and doesn't have a left foot

No thanks...young hungry striker please...if our scouts earn their corn...we should be getting value abroad

Owen again...boring now...every window, the same boring topics on here...

Just for the record, Owen would be a disaster...he is old, wants a fat cat salary...doesn't do anything in the game and doesn't have a left foot

No thanks...young hungry striker please...if our scouts earn their corn...we should be getting value abroad

Potentially a pay as you play contract? I can't see many prem teams taking a punt on Owen with his wage demands unless it is pay as you play to be honest. Good signing if this was the case. His presence in the changing room would be great for our younger players too.

@South_Agent on twitter (don't know if genuine or parody) says he's at Staplewood today to have a meeting about a signing but it wont be announced until early next week though. Someone tweeted him mentioning Steven Pienaar and the agent re-tweeted it.

Thought I'd have a look at Pienaar's twitter...

therealstevenpi: "Off twitter 4 the next 3 days"

That leads us to early next week. Most probably putting 2+2 together and getting 5 but you never know.

Anyway Pienaar is with an agency called Extra Time (or at least he was).4 agents involved with them but the main man is

Rob Moore (a south african I believe) and his twitter is @RobMooreSoccer or something like that.Look them up for yourselves.

Your talent is wasted, we should be using you for unsolved crimes ;)

Mr Klasnic is 32 and probably on a downward trajectory. We also seem quite well covered with strikers and what we need are players that are better than what we have in positions where we are weakest. RMF, Attacking MF and CB likely to feature before strikers. If looking at Bolton, Reo-Coker possibly, but although NCR has activated his release clause, presumably there would still be a fee and then there's wages to consider within whatever the new age structure will be. Can't see Cortese being rushed just because a player is suddenly available.