Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

YES to Jordan Rhodes, NO to Darren Bent. Young and hungry = Rhodes. Kenwyne, hmm, probably not, but possibly. If we are looking at ex-Saints, I'd still love to see Kevin Davies back here. The ONLY player who would deputise for Lambert without us changing our style of play, as he too drifts into midfield and onto the wings. £3M on Rhodes and £2M on Kevin Davies and I'm happy with our attack.

All IMHO, of course, I know most will disagree.

Jordan Rhodes, I agree that he has only played in League 1 - but so had Oxlade-Chamberlain and Pilkington. Personally I don't see any reason (other than Huddersfield demanding anything above £4M) why we shouldn't go for him. Yes other clubs might go in for him, but they have a lot more to lose - Everton, for example, aren't going to splash money around on an 'unproven player'.

I think we are going to be linked with an awful lot of cr*p over the next few months...If we can start in August with all our key players retained and Jarvis, Davis (Rangers), Rhodes, unknown Italian hardman, CB and in my dreams Buckland (GK) from Brum I think we would be fine for next year!

3m for Rhodes and you'd be mad not to take him. But it's the liklihood it'll be double that which puts me off an unproven player. If they go up, he may well stay. Maybe that's for the best, let him get on in the NPC, if he does well, perhaps clubs will bid in January?

I can only see 1 striker signing. I'd like it to be someone that is likely to go straight into the team. It's a tough ask really, as Lambert is already a legend here, Sharp has been excellent and Adkins clearly really rates him, and they rate Lee very highly. I still think the most likely outcome is Hooper.

I suspect that only one striker will be signed. I would be quite content with Lambert, Sharp, Lee and one other making up the main striker options for next season. I think goals from midfield and a few additions in defence are more of a priority.

Saint in Winchester....what are you smoking?? Kevin Davies for £2 million??

i wouldn't take him on a free...the last thing we need is a journey man forward.

As for Rhodes he wouldn't cost £3million...more like 5 or 6 mill.

I think Jay Rodrigues is the guy who ticks all the boxes...young, quick, good finisher.

Hooper is also a good player but the sweaties want too much cash...

For what it's worth...Jones is a good player...however after his acrimonious departure, he would have to go some to turn fan opinion

Jordan Rhodes, I agree that he has only played in League 1 - but so had Oxlade-Chamberlain and Pilkington. Personally I don't see any reason (other than Huddersfield demanding anything above £4M) why we shouldn't go for him. Yes other clubs might go in for him, but they have a lot more to lose - Everton, for example, aren't going to splash money around on an 'unproven player'.

I think we are going to be linked with an awful lot of cr*p over the next few months...If we can start in August with all our key players retained and Jarvis, Davis (Rangers), Rhodes, unknown Italian hardman, CB and in my dreams Buckland (GK) from Brum I think we would be fine for next year!

With those additions we wouldn't be fine.

Have you watched the Prem lately? The gap is massive between most prem teams and the Champ. You need to bring in 5 or 6 real quality players to start matches. jarvis fine, but Davis is average, Rhodes totally unproven at a decent level (too big a risk)...

Still....lets not forget that we have to play Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton and Liverpool, twice, which is in total 16 games and a possible 48 points....We need to be able to compete and with those additions I think we would struggle.

Best time to play some of those teams are during the Champions league knockout stages while it's best to play Everton in the first 3 months.

Liverpool away is when Gerrard is injured while Spurs away is when Harry answers another set of charges.

I suppose Utd at home on a gloomy grey day & Arsenal on the opening game of the season as they never win.:)

Excellent, I posted a few pages back about what a good signing he would be for us. Good on the ball, good passing ability and he's built like a brick sh!thouse. Can play at CB if needed as well.

For £1.5m he'd be a snip.

YES to Jordan Rhodes, NO to Darren Bent. Young and hungry = Rhodes. Kenwyne, hmm, probably not, but possibly. If we are looking at ex-Saints, I'd still love to see Kevin Davies back here. The ONLY player who would deputise for Lambert without us changing our style of play, as he too drifts into midfield and onto the wings. £3M on Rhodes and £2M on Kevin Davies and I'm happy with our attack.

All IMHO, of course, I know most will disagree.

Kevin Davies (hate the surname Davis and Davies - too confusing!!) would be a very good shout. Mentality wise, influence, timing, etc. Him and Rickie too similar maybe?! Certainly great back ups to one another to avoid losing a certain system. Both great at holding up play, target men, drifting wide bringing others into play, both strong as an ox. I reckon he'd love being back with Saints too. Kenwyn can f*ck right off. Reusing to play for us. We don't want any of the modern footballer attitude anywhere near our club and robust mentality. PL and the over-paid playboy's playground will test that resolve with some I am sure through association!

Still....lets not forget that we have to play Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, Everton and Liverpool, twice, which is in total 16 games and a possible 48 points....We need to be able to compete and with those additions I think we would struggle.

Thats what I was getting at. Plus, go through a team like Fulham, Sunderland, WBA - some cracking players there, miles better than the likes of Rhodes, Trotter, Matt Phillips...

Somen Tchoyi has been released from West Brom. Didn't see much of him this season but last year looked like a good player to me. Premier league experience and 29 years old, could be a mature head to have around the club even if he only made a few appearances.

We've apparently made an equity fro Steven Pienaar but most likely to go back to Everton of anywhere.

This would be a great signal of intent. Really clever player. Can't see it happening though.

My wife is an Everton fan and I went to the game against Newcastle - he ripped them apart. The Everton fans worship him so he'll probably end up there

How does Buszaky of QPR sound for everyone?

With Cork and Schneiderlin (and even Hammond) being more defensive midfielders, I think he would be a great signing, and since he's been coming out of the bench most of the times for QPR this season I'm sure he'd appreciate a move to a side where he can become a regular in the starting line-up.

I keep hearing that a move for Jarvis will happen as will a mo e for Curtis Davies

If we do end up getting both, it would signal the start of an excellent transfer window IMO.

I think it's pretty clear we're genuinely interested in Jarvis tbh and I'm pleased that we're looking at players of this level.