Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

Matt Jarvis scored the kind of goal yesterday that none of our players are capable of.

SSN also showing stats this morning showing Jarvis with highest number of crosses this season. 200+ (Possibly 237 - but don't quote me on that)

All irrelevant without a completion % I know but would be tasty for Rickie!

13 goals. 15 Assists last season.

More assists and goals than Lallana last season...

I'm not sure you watch football with a comment like that

More goals and assists than Lallana for a start is a poorer team

:lol: Fair enough.

Although as for "watching" him...I probably saw him play just as much as you did. I just don't memorise other teams stats.

Saying that, doesn't he take all corners and free-kicks for Leeds? That'd be good for a couple more goals and a fair few assists.

SSN also showing stats this morning showing Jarvis with highest number of crosses this season. 200+ (Possibly 237 - but don't quote me on that)

All irrelevant without a completion % I know but would be tasty for Rickie!

Saying that, they do have a Fletcher who is very decent in the air. So maybe many of the crosses were just wayward...

Saying that, they do have a Fletcher who is very decent in the air. So maybe many of the crosses were just wayward...

Given how good the likes of Lambert, Sharp, Guly, Lallana and even on occasion Morgan and Cork are positionally, someone capable of getting that many crosses in would be very useful.

I still can't see any transfers happening for another 2-3 weeks. Now the season is over players not in the euros will be going away on holiday for a few weeks. Imagine once back the deals will start.

Always think the assist stats are daft given a winger could set up a 100 chances but if there's no-one to finish it, no assist! Jarvis seems to put a lot of decent crosses in.

I'm not sure what Kevin Doyle's excuse is for his strike rate.

there's another stat that they use for creation of goal opportunities that don't lead to an actual goal,can't for the life of me think of the exact name or where I saw it.Something like Premium Pass though.Saw some for Saints,interesting stat.

The sort of players I would be aiming for, even if some maybe slightly beyond us are;

Jay Rodriguez, Matt Phillips, Gylfi Sigurdsson (surely we can financially out muscle Swansea?), Alex Smithies, Nathaniel Clyne and James Tomkins (if WHU don't go up).

Young, hungry and something to prove in The Premier League. That's what Norwich and Swansea attempted to do, and for the most part worked.

He was a reserve for Bolton before they lost Muamba wasn't he? Never been that impressed with him. Better than Hammond but not exactly guaranteed a start.

All depends. If we're broke then he's a very good signing. Really no idea what we're aiming for yet.

from dailymail

Reo-Coker - who picked up the club's best newcomer award on Sunday night - started in all but one of Bolton's league games and skippered the side during the closing weeks of the season.

The sort of players I would be aiming for, even if some maybe slightly beyond us are;

Jay Rodriguez, Matt Phillips, Gylfi Sigurdsson (surely we can financially out muscle Swansea?), Alex Smithies, Nathaniel Clyne and James Tomkins (if WHU don't go up).

Young, hungry and something to prove in The Premier League. That's what Norwich and Swansea attempted to do, and for the most part worked.

Smithies who is kept out of the Huddersfield team by a 41 year old?

Smithies who is kept out of the Huddersfield team by a 41 year old?

He has undoubtedly struggled this season with injuries, but definitely has the ability. Bennett has put in a pretty decent shift in his absence and been rewarded for that. Hudders are my 2nd team and have seen them on several occasions so I am more likely to have an informed view on this subject...

I would be surprised if we went for Clyne. After we beat Palace at Selhurst, Adkins said he was especially pleased with Rickie's first goal as they had worked on it in training - they had specifically targeted Clyne at right-back as he is so small.

I would be surprised if we went for Clyne. After we beat Palace at Selhurst, Adkins said he was especially pleased with Rickie's first goal as they had worked on it in training - they had specifically targeted Clyne at right-back as he is so small.

I don't think that's as a negative slant on the player in particular. They tried to work a game plan whereby Lambert would be isolated against Clyne. If anything it was a bit of naivety on their managers part in allowing it to happen.

It wasn't really his job to mark Lambert.

I'm sure Lambert would have the beating of Evra at the far post too...if he was isolated against him.

He was a reserve for Bolton before they lost Muamba wasn't he? Never been that impressed with him. Better than Hammond but not exactly guaranteed a start.

All depends. If we're broke then he's a very good signing. Really no idea what we're aiming for yet.

No, he was a pretty consistant cog and the games I have seen of him has shown to be a decent, dynamic midfielder capable of winning the ball and retaining it, exactly what we need IMO

And hopefully not on tons of money.

That said none of us have any idea where we are aiming, but I would say in the interests of not breaking the bank these players, inc Jarvis, fletcher etc are our level

did the tater just say he is 22 years old...??

sign the **** up

He's a good age and still learning the game. He'd be a brilliant signing for us because not only do I think he'd score a few in the Premiership, he'd be brilliant in the Championship if we dropped back down. (I hate thinking like that but I'm sure even Adkins and Cortese have contingency plans in place.)

I'm going to give you s SWF response...just for the hell of it.

Im not sure he is what we should be looking for

Im sure we could do better

I don't think this would show ambition

We need proven premier lewgue strikers, I'd put a cheeky bid In for Darren Bent.

but proven premier league players ALL have attitude problems..

we should sign foreign mercenaries

We need a young pacey striker and a box to box midfielder. Of we don't play with two attacking full backs, 3 attacking midfielders and two strikers we'll concede loads next season.

why is that...can you explain.

Personal opinion, based on the fact that Sharp has scored sh*tloads in the championship for years.

1.8m for Sharp vs 5m+ for Rhodes.

Is he that much better than Billy that you'd splash that money out on a league 1 striker?

Personal opinion, based on the fact that Sharp has scored sh*tloads in the championship for years.

1.8m for Sharp vs 5m+ for Rhodes.

Is he that much better than Billy that you'd splash that money out on a league 1 striker?

yeah...lambert is immense and Rhodes has scored double what lambert did in a far better team