Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

To be fair with Defoe maybe he wants a new challenge. If he goes to somewhere like Liverpool then he risks being a bench warmer again as Suarez will play ahead of him. Wages are going to be the biggest stumbling block. He is a world class finisher too.

Stephen Ward is utter turd, alot worse than what we already have.

We can and will sign better than this.

Whilst not knowing very much about Stephen Ward in particular I would say that the horizons of many on this forum are by far too low.I really,really doubt if we will buy(or sign) anyone at all from relegated EPL teams.Given the showing of all 3 of them this season where Wigan survived and all 3 promoted teams did as well it really calls into question the standard of players at

Blackburn,Wolves and Bolton.Given also that none of the 3 teams relegated from the PL last season could better either Saints or Reading and obtain automatic promotion despite the major advantage of generous parachute payments it just goes to show just how average you need to be to get relegated from the PL.

Personally I think we'll be looking much farther afield than Blackburn,Wolverhampton or Bolton.

Whilst not knowing very much about Stephen Ward in particular I would say that the horizons of many on this forum are by far too low.I really,really doubt if we will buy(or sign) anyone at all from relegated EPL teams.Given the showing of all 3 of them this season where Wigan survived and all 3 promoted teams did as well it really calls into question the standard of players at

Blackburn,Wolves and Bolton.Given also that none of the 3 teams relegated from the PL last season could better either Saints or Reading and obtain automatic promotion despite the major advantage of generous parachute payments it just goes to show just how average you need to be to get relegated from the PL.

Personally I think we'll be looking much farther afield than Blackburn,Wolverhampton or Bolton.

West ham sold/lost Scott Parker, Hitzlsperger, Jacobsen, Kovac, Gabbidon and Ba after relegation

Birmingham sold/lost Sebastian Larsson, Roger Johnson, Aliaksandr Hleb, Craig Gardner, Ben Foster, Cameron Jerome, Scott Dann, Chris Wood and Liam Ridgewell

Blackpool lost Charlie Adam, DJ Campbell and David Vaughan

I guess you wouldn’t have wanted any of these either???

West ham sold/lost Scott Parker, Hitzlsperger, Jacobsen, Kovac, Gabbidon and Ba after relegation

Birmingham sold/lost Sebastian Larsson, Roger Johnson, Aliaksandr Hleb, Craig Gardner, Ben Foster, Cameron Jerome, Scott Dann, Chris Wood and Liam Ridgewell

Blackpool lost Charlie Adam, DJ Campbell and David Vaughan

I guess you wouldn’t have wanted any of these either???

Not really no, simply because we didn't need them. I am not a fan of your common or garden English relegated footballer.

Scott Parker and Demba Ba are a different level altogether,which is probably why they're playing for teams who have been relatively successful but Adam,Gabbidon,Larsson and all that I can well pass on.Look at Scott Dann, relegated with Birmingham and then again with Blackburn, really,really not the sort of player you need.How many relegated players did Norwich and Swansea sign? that's a genuine question,I honestly don't the answer but I'd be surprised if it was more than 1 apiece.

Not really no, simply because we didn't need them. I am not a fan of your common or garden English relegated footballer.

Scott Parker and Demba Ba are a different level altogether,which is probably why they're playing for teams who have been relatively successful but Adam,Gabbidon,Larsson and all that I can well pass on.Look at Scott Dann, relegated with Birmingham and then again with Blackburn, really,really not the sort of player you need.How many relegated players did Norwich and Swansea sign? that's a genuine question,I honestly don't the answer but I'd be surprised if it was more than 1 apiece.

so, just to be clear....you would have wanted...Parker, Ba, Larsson, Foster, Adam

not a fan of strengthening the team then...??

yep wouldn't want either of them, others may see it differently though.

I bet everyone sees it differently than you.....

im worried that you are going to be massively disappointed this summer if you think those two are not good enough for saints...

infact, they would not even entertain a move to saint as they are too good for us at the mo

I bet everyone sees it differently than you.....

im worried that you are going to be massively disappointed this summer if you think those two are not good enough for saints...

infact, they would not even entertain a move to saint as they are too good for us at the mo

It's not whether they're good enough for Saints or not, I'd be disappointed if they came here because they're not the type of player I'd want to see.I want players from Europe or farther afield with genuine ability to compliment what we already have and

although Foster may well be decent enough he isn't the future of SFC.Adam is just the sort of player that I don't personally rate

and I feel that Liverpool were extremely foolish to part with 7 million for him,then again he probably fits into "King" Kenny's dinosaur tactical plan.

Whilst all the comments are, in the main, who Saints will buy, I'm feeling a little un-easy about certain so called bigger clubs sacking their Managers. Keep telling myself that NA is settled here, but some posters thought he was alluding to something in his after match (Coventry) comments. Surely, in Nigel’ words the future bright the futures red and White? Aston Villa, Liverpool springs to mind, but they don't play in red and white. Also KD is still Manager at Liverpool, but I’m sure he would stand aside if they wanted someone of NA’s quality in. So am I worrying un-necessarily??

Whilst all the comments are, in the main, who Saints will buy, I'm feeling a little un-easy about certain so called bigger clubs sacking their Managers. Keep telling myself that NA is settled here, but some posters thought he was alluding to something in his after match (Coventry) comments. Surely, in Nigel’ words the future bright the futures red and White? Aston Villa, Liverpool springs to mind, but they don't play in red and white. Also KD is still Manager at Liverpool, but I’m sure he would stand aside if they wanted someone of NA’s quality in. So am I worrying un-necessarily??

Deary me, don't suggest that big clubs might be interested in our highly successful manager. Hanging offence around here :D

do not delude yourself or worry about NA leaving.Villa and Liverpool have American owners, they'll go for big names.Think Villa might make another bid for Martinez and then there will be Di Matteo to be snaffled up unless Chelsea win the CL final.Who wouldn't sack McLeish, he's a totally useless f*cker.Failed in Scotland with their national team,got Birmingham relegated from the PL twice in about 4 years and totally screwed up a decentish side at Villa.He needs to go back to the SPL where mediocre becomes brilliant.

do not delude yourself or worry about NA leaving.Villa and Liverpool have American owners, they'll go for big names.Think Villa might make another bid for Martinez and then there will be Di Matteo to be snaffled up unless Chelsea win the CL final.Who wouldn't sack McLeish, he's a totally useless f*cker.Failed in Scotland with their national team,got Birmingham relegated from the PL twice in about 4 years and totally screwed up a decentish side at Villa.He needs to go back to the SPL where mediocre becomes brilliant.

Villa will move for Paul Lambert.

do not delude yourself or worry about NA leaving.Villa and Liverpool have American owners, they'll go for big names.Think Villa might make another bid for Martinez and then there will be Di Matteo to be snaffled up unless Chelsea win the CL final.Who wouldn't sack McLeish, he's a totally useless f*cker.Failed in Scotland with their national team,got Birmingham relegated from the PL twice in about 4 years and totally screwed up a decentish side at Villa. He needs to go back to the SPL where mediocre becomes brilliant.

Excellent stuff. And something which worries me if we go back again for Hooper or try for Steven Davis.

I think Frimpong would be a good addition to our centre midfield very robust,tough tackling and could get him on loan.A few loans maybe the way forward rather than wasting millions on players on their way down.

I think Frimpong would be a good addition to our centre midfield very robust,tough tackling and could get him on loan.A few loans maybe the way forward rather than wasting millions on players on their way down.

Would be quality. I'd take him or Livermore as potential loan options for midfield.

We want young and hungry players on the way up, not older players on their way down. We've done that route and it resulted in relegation.

Saints many times in the past have had older players come in and do very well. If I remember right, although a few years ago, the only player I feel we purchased in that relegation season that cost us a bit was Redknapp.

We want young and hungry players on the way up, not older players on their way down. We've done that route and it resulted in relegation.

True to a point. We could do with one or two players who carry the dreaded tag of 'Premier League experience', but I agree that most of our signings should be young and hopefully long-term.

Saints many times in the past have had older players come in and do very well. If I remember right, although a few years ago, the only player I feel we purchased in that relegation season that cost us a bit was Redknapp.

Agree - our squad lacks premiership experience, so one or two wise heads/safe hands would add some useful balance.

I think we're going to have to come to terms with the fact that our wage structure is going to change some what with new bigger names coming in,just hope we are careful and learn lessons from the last time it went tits up.

I think we're going to have to come to terms with the fact that our wage structure is going to change some what with new bigger names coming in,just hope we are careful and learn lessons from the last time it went tits up.

Oh I think Mr Cortese is a bit smarter than some of those that went before. I have no fear of past disasters coming back to haunt us while he is at the helm.

Robert Snodgrass is attracting our attention I understand.

Really like him. I reckon we could sign Snodgrass, and still get another wide-player in. It could free up Adam to play off a loan front man if Nige wanted to alter the formation too.