Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

People do seem a bit dense often when it comes to football. My dream is a world where football fans don't have a summer reset button for all acquired knowledge of the past season.

My dream is for a world where dorks on an internet football forum are able to debate subjects without resorting to abuse of other posters because they don't have the intelligence to do otherwise. I'm not holding my breath for that one.

I'd forgotten how amusing this time of year is and the hullabaloo about who we are signing "FACT", particularly the football rumours website. Too funny a read to ignore (and I am not suggesting any of these are realistic or viable) but silly season last year is going to be a hundred times worse now we're in the prem; every slimey agent is going to be touting their average players and peddling their wares for a decent pay day in our direction - Cortese is going to be in his element with them...

http://www.southamptonrumours.co.uk/

I'd just like to say that I have no idea who we will sign this Summer, I am completely NITK

Actually, if you're in the know about you not knowing who we'll sign, then you are in fact in the know about not being in the know.

Ahem, no signings yet? Buck your ideas up Saints. :-)

Leicester are looking to bring in Southampton winger/striker Guly Do Prado for £3.5 million.

:lol:

(ok...it's come from football rumours so it's not true, but the price is hilarious.)

In what way? It sounds reasonable to me. I think he'll get around 10 goals in the Prem.

would you pay £3.5m for him after last season...he was good but equally bad...I very much doubt you would

In todays market, it's about what he's worth.

I thought £3.5m is about right for a player in a promotion winning side who had a pretty large contribution, and scored 11...

Exactly.

And we'd then be proven wrong.

Maybe we should ask what Leicester fans think.

not really...he played well for half a season...

would be happy for the club to pay £3.5m for the following players (all rated better than Guly in the opta stats)

Fryatt

Mccormack

Mackail-Smith

Chopra

Darius henderson

Kenny Miller

Richard Keogh

Marlon King

there are loads of rubbish players better than guly

£3.5m for Guly would be hilarious.......not that it will happen, he will start the season here anyway

Edited by Thedelldays

A lot of opposing fans that I spoke to this season thought that Guly caused them a lot of problems. Despite us generally not particularly rating him, and the frustrations he brings, it's his unexpected nature that makes him a problem from the opposition team. I don't think he's amazing by any stretch but he was involved in our best and most effective football this season.

Lets not start all this again – we established a while back that Guly is ****

If someone/anyone offered £250k for Guly I would sell V.fast

Leicester would pay nowhere near 3.5m for Guly I can guarantee that

Who the **** is we

Surely that depends which fleeting glimpses? Plenty of games that made him look very good.

From the outside he's a goalscoring midfielder/forward in a promotion winning side. I bet any NPC side would be chuffed to sign him. £3.5m is high, but far stranger things have happened. I'd value him at £2m myself. Beyond the harsh words on here, if Guly had played as a striker the entire season, it's perfectly reasonable to think he could have notched 20 goals. Clubs will see that and be prepared to pay for it.

Even £2 million is too much. Based on his age (he's no spring chicken) and his form in the second half of the season, we'd be lucky to get a million for him. Perhaps if we had sold him in January we'd have got £2mill, but not now.

I thought £3.5m is about right for a player in a promotion winning side who had a pretty large contribution, and scored 11...

So, the answer is simple ... we swop Guly for Schmeichel.

Oh, and they owe us about 1.5 million as well to make up the difference! :D

would be happy for the club to pay £3.5m for the following players (all rated better than Guly in the opta stats)

Fryatt

Mccormack

Mackail-Smith

Chopra

Darius henderson

Kenny Miller

Richard Keogh

Marlon King

£3.5m for Guly would be hilarious.......not that it will happen, he will start the season here anyway

That list is really funny £3.5 million should virtually buy all 7 of them! Surely you don't believe they're ALL better than Guly??? We really have come to the silly season!!!

I dont see the point in knocking a guy who came to us when we were in the old Div 3 and helped us to two successive promotions. He may not be good enough to cut it in the premier but he atleast deserves some respect from us fans. He obviously has it from NA.

_EnglishLeague English League

@dankiz1 I would say quite high

May 11, 7:24 PM via Twitter for Android

In reply to…

dankiz1 simon thorpe

@_EnglishLeague chances of Snodgrass coming to saints?

May 11, 4:50 PM via web

Doubt there's much in that...!

Fryatt

Mccormack

Mackail-Smith

Chopra

Darius henderson

Kenny Miller

Richard Keogh

Marlon King

Personally don't think any of them are worth 3.5mil - especially not Mackail-Smith after this season, and certainly not for a team just promoted to the Prem. would rather have Guly than any of them.

Hooper/Rodriguez

Snodgrass,

Davies,

A right back,

A keeper,

A Centre Midfielder

Reckon we'll be fine. I'm most looking forward to how Cortese handles the extra media pressure concerning transfers. Will be interesting to see if we can keep it all secret like we have in the past. Also be interesting to see if there's any truth in this "difficult to deal with tag" we keep hearing about.