Summer 2012 HCDAJFU Thread - Premier League Special Edition

Jimmy_D

07 May 2012 16:14:43

Jay Rodriguez (£6m), Matt Jarvis (£5m), Curtis Davies (£3.5m), Matt Phillips (£3m) and Mark Davies (£1.75m) are all on Nigel Adkins' transfer wish list.

Radhi Jaidi (retired), David Connolly (released), Lee Holmes (Swindon - free), Jonathan Forte (Stevenage - free), Aaron Martin (Swindon - loan), Lee Barnard (Sheff Wed - 500K) and Dan Seaborne (Bournemouth - loan) are all set to leave St. Mary's this summer.

Source very well placed at Southampton. Expect movement to start next week after players return from their celebratory holiday in Marbella.

Would be incredibly happy if this was our transfer dealings this summer!

After watching curtis Davies tonight i thought he was pretty average and not better than we have already got.

Now Birmingham aren't going up.

Curtis Davis and Chris Burke CDAJFU

Davies yes, I think he is a good player but not sure about Burke. Decent CCC player but don't think he is Prem class. I think he is almost 30 years old too so perhaps does'nt fit our plans on that alone... In a quandry in a way as would love to see Blackpool promoted but equally I would love to see Phillips here.. Now he is a player with a bright future..

Davies yes, I think he is a good player but not sure about Burke. Decent CCC player but don't think he is Prem class. I think he is almost 30 years old too so perhaps does'nt fit our plans on that alone... In a quandry in a way as would love to see Blackpool promoted but equally I would love to see Phillips here.. Now he is a player with a bright future..

I think he's only just turned 28, surprising really as he looks much older. I think he'd be good in the premiership, a proper old fashioned winger.

Don't know if already mentioned but I wouldn't mind Maxi Rodrigues from Liverpool! Apparently he wants out for more playing time. When I've seen him he looks lively and creates chances for him self and others and he's quick. Wouldn't cost too much either I don't think.

Don't know if already mentioned but I wouldn't mind Maxi Rodrigues from Liverpool! Apparently he wants out for more playing time. When I've seen him he looks lively and creates chances for him self and others and he's quick. Wouldn't cost too much either I don't think.

Agreed, I think I mentioned him earlier this thread. But would prefer Phillips

Personally I would love to see Trippier and Phillips (these def!). Both young, want to improve.

Don't know if it has been posted before but what is happening with Nathan Redmond? A bit unrealistic I know but I see a lot of AOC in him and it would be a real statement of intent. (I obviously rate him, if you don't then just say so don't bother asking why it would be a statement of intent).

So to save a lot of forum space we should sign everybody from the 3 relegated PL teams and everybody from the 3 play-off teams that didn't get promoted, is that right?

This is the 'HCDAJFU' thread. People are just making suggestions... Surprised no one has mentioned Kevin Davies yet.

West Brom have an agreed first option on him though, he'll stay there.

That would make sense really, shame as he looks one of the best keeper options being the right age, wants to play in the prem and looks pretty good (plus with Brum having no money he can't be massively expensive)

Having watched Zaha play quite a few times live, can't help thinking he would be pefect for Saints...

he also has the ability to play out wide...especially as we can't play 442 every game and are gonna need to play 4-2-3-1.

Rodrigues would also be a quality addition up top...be delighted with those 2.

I think the wing areas are our biggest area of concern as we don't posses the pace and trickery...also i can see Lallana being played in the hole in some games...therefore we are very light

Jarvis and Phillips (if Bpool aren't promoted) would be amazing...also what about Xerdan Shaquiri from Basel?? very hot property if he would be interested.

In terms of centre mid...i think we would benefit from one more centre midfielder...would love to see Steven N'Zonzi from Blackburn.

In defence i like Curtis Davies in centre of defence and either Trippier/ Simpson or Clyne would be excellent at right back.

A young up coming back up keeper would be fantastic to push Davis also

Having watched Zaha play quite a few times live, can't help thinking he would be pefect for Saints...

he also has the ability to play out wide...especially as we can't play 442 every game and are gonna need to play 4-2-3-1.

I think the wing areas are our biggest area of concern as we don't posses the pace and trickery...also i can see Lallana being played in the hole in some games...therefore we are very light

Jarvis and Phillips (if Bpool aren't promoted) would be amazing...also what about Xerdan Shaquiri from Basel?? very hot property if he would be interested.

In terms of centre mid...i think we would benefit from one more centre midfielder...would love to see Steven N'Zonzi from Blackburn.

In defence i like Curtis Davies in centre of defence and either Trippier/ Simpson or Clyne would be excellent at right back.

Kaspar Schmeichel from Leicester?

Strange that he wants out, though I expect they'd want better for next season. However he would be a quality signing for us.

Love these grab bag wishlists, only one step up from the owen threads. Shaquiri has signed for Bayern; Clyne is most likely off to United (if it already hasn't been agreed in principle).

Simpson's representatives have been 'sounded' out by Chelsea, hence his contract refusal. It goes to show that even if you are on the cusp of CL football, you still can't keep your best players.

Newcastle are also linked with Trippier of Burnley, so it would make sense if he's a replacement.

Shaquiri already signed for Bayern Munich so that ones a gonner...

I don't think Zaha is a mental suggestion in all honesty.

The only clubs to have made a sustained push for him so far are Bolton and West Brom in the january window.

I remember when Victor Moses was still at Palace, and he was being linked with pretty much every big club on the planet. He ended up signing for Wigan because they're the only club that showed the $$$.

If we do that re: Zaha, then we have as good a chance as any. Offering Premiership football is a massive pull for most players.

Didn't realise Guthrie was available on a free. We'd be mental not to at least approach him, although I expect there will be massive interest in him. Worth a try though!

He was alright for us, but I don't think he's the sort of midfielder we need. He's similar to Cork, Morgan, Hammond etc. He scores goals occasionally, but in the last few years he's adjusted to being a central midfield player who rarely gets forward.

We won't get Sigurdson, but that's the sort of midfielder we need. Someone who can take the ball in the middle of the park and move forward into the box....and score goals!!

We won't get Sigurdson, but that's the sort of midfielder we need. Someone who can take the ball in the middle of the park and move forward into the box....and score goals!!

Lallana has to step up to that role in my opinion and he's well capable of doing so.

He was alright for us, but I don't think he's the sort of midfielder we need. He's similar to Cork, Morgan, Hammond etc. He scores goals occasionally, but in the last few years he's adjusted to being a central midfield player who rarely gets forward.

Agree that Sigurdsson is flavour of the month out there, and will be snapped up sharpish.. But Bolton's Davies could meet the role profile you describe quite nicely.

Simpson's representatives have been 'sounded' out by Chelsea, hence his contract refusal. It goes to show that even if you are on the cusp of CL football, you still can't keep your best players.

He's considered to be a pretty average player, who is neither bad nor exceptional by Newcastle fans. Apparently he's leaving because Newcastle refuse to pay him the wages he's demanding. Would be very surprised if he went to Chelsea - let alone him becoming anything more than a backup option for them.

The only clubs to have made a sustained push for him so far are Bolton and West Brom in the january window.

I remember when Victor Moses was still at Palace, and he was being linked with pretty much every big club on the planet. He ended up signing for Wigan because they're the only club that showed the $$$.

If we do that re: Zaha, then we have as good a chance as any. Offering Premiership football is a massive pull for most players.

I hope you are right. Stand out player of his type in the league. Caused no end of problems to fullbacks all season including our own. Doesn't feel like an Adkins signing, but I hope he is. Very exciting player to watch with tricks, pace and strength.

Anyone seen Bas Dost play. He seems to score for fun in the Dutch league. I guess he's out of our league, just wondered like.

Newcastle and Villa reportedly interested in him.

Not seen him play and the Erdvisie is not particularly strong, but his hit rate is similar to Suarez when he played at Ajax and he's not too bad is he?

It was for completely different reasons why he went to Wigan and not Spurs/West Ham/Chelsea (who were all after him)

John Voysey ‏ @brummieagent

After last night's display #Saints are preparing for a double-swoop of #BCFC's young talents Jordon Mutch and Nathan Redmond.

https://twitter.com/#!/brummieagent

Thought Mutch was distinctly average last night - Struggled for long periods to have any influence on the match at all and particularly boosed around by Ferguson.

Redmond is certainly a live wire and injected great energy and pace into Brum's game and undoubtedly contributed to their fightback.

However, neither of them would add a great deal to us in the Prem at this stage (although Redmond has potential).