Who would you burn

ladysaint

Even if I reported it? Don't you get those reports? If not what's the point of the report system?

And thanks for the 'hey ho'. Nice considered response to a serious issue.

It was reported at 9.30 pm, please refer to the "away from the PC" bit in my earlier reply....

Hey ho in reference to users expecting the Mods and Admins to all be on line reading EVERY SINGLE posts at all times...

It was reported at 9.30 pm, please refer to the "away from the PC" bit in my earlier reply....

Hey ho in reference to users expecting the Mods and Admins to all be on line reading EVERY SINGLE posts at all times...

So what you're saying is that, despite appearances, the forum is unmoderated. There is NO ONE around to respond to reports.

I had the same experience the day before when a BNP advert was posted in the Lounge.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to read every single post. but when a complaint is made, it needs to be taken seriously by SOMEONE.

And tell me: is it a policy among mods not to respond in anyway directly to people who report offensive posts?

So what you're saying is that, despite appearances, the forum is unmoderated. There is NO ONE around to respond to reports.

I had the same experience the day before when a BNP advert was posted in the Lounge.

I certainly don't expect you or anyone else to read every single post. but when a complaint is made, it needs to be taken seriously by SOMEONE.

And tell me: is it a policy among mods not to respond in anyway directly to people who report offensive posts?

Did you make a complaint to the BBC about Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross by any chance?

Did you make a complaint to the BBC about Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross by any chance?

BTW , The Radio 2 controller fell on her sword despite not listening to every program they broadcast. There is a lesson to be learnt there.

Now, I understand you are upset by the post; but the fact is that the post was complained about and the Admins/Mods deleted it. If that is having an un-moderated forum or people not taking reports seriously, then Im lost...

I think you need to sort a few things out with your colleagues.

I think you need to sort a few things out with your colleagues.

Please elaborate what you feel needs to be sorted out and I will put it to them, or start a thread on the "Forum Suggestions" sub-section so they can all view it and respond if and when they are about.

I think a moderator should come across as able to cut to the chase and get to the crux of an issue, explaining the basic points to the person/people concerned. Entering into lengthy arguments makes them come across as merely power crazed gimpoids and should be avoided. Mix this attitude in with flippant answers, designed to get a reaction and you have a moderator that is actually enhancing the very thing on the message board that they are there to ensure doesn't happen, IMHO.

Roman - Ive asked the other Mods/Admins their view as it seems you are unhappy. ive also pointed them to this thread.

JFP - good try at baiting, you become quite the master at that...

I wasn't baiting you at all. I was putting across a point of view. I do believe the points I have made are valid ones. It serves no purpose if the people moderating the forum do so in a superior type way and engage in what they deem as victorious slanging matches. It is just totally ironic.

I wasn't baiting you at all. I was putting across a point of view. I do believe the points I have made are valid ones. It serves no purpose if the people moderating the forum do so in a superior type way and engage in what they deem as victorious slanging matches. It is just totally ironic.

No, you were baiting and looking to stir up trouble on this issue. You're simply using someone elses beef to sound off your dislikes of certain moderators on here.

I have emailed Roman, appologised, and explained that the moderation and administration on this forum is done on a voluntary and unpaid basis. We try to cover all bases at all times but we're not superhuman and sometimes things are missed. As soon as I was made aware of this issue I deleted the offending thread and took the necessary action.

There's really no need to start a public slanging match off about it is there?

I think a moderator should come across as able to cut to the chase and get to the crux of an issue, explaining the basic points to the person/people concerned.

Ironically, doing what you suggest also often gets us branded as "powercrazded gimpoids".

As far as moderation goes, no, we're not online 24/7, yes there will be times when no one is around to moderate. We get approximatley 30 to 50 reports a day of posts, so it is well within reason that some will slip through the net, this one however didnt!

Any racist remark, implied or otherwise, will be removed and the author infracted. If it doesnt happen right away it's because we don't know about it. If we are posting on a thread and it's still there, it's most likely we haven't read the whole thread and are just giving our input to the topic. We don't deliberatley ignore any posts that deserve infracting, we just sometimes don't get a chance to do it right away or perhaps overlook it.

PS. this threads done.