Valuable Saints programmes

Mole

Hard to quantify, as it will depend who's the buyer. For somebody who collects these things and has a gap in their collection, the price could be huge. To your average Saints fan, the price could be pittance.

As with everything, it's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay. But finding the right buyer could be down to sheer luck.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Interesting question.

I have programmes from every match in the cup run, all the tickets and Cup Final rosettes and scarves (I also have a Saints' rattle from '76). But there is no way in hell that I would ever part with them, so it's a moot point to me.

I also used to collect the "silk" scarves from around then, I had about 150 from teams we played. I have no idea where they are now though. Maybe they would have been worth a couple of quid now?

i bought a 76 final one a few years ago and paid a fiver,i know somebody who bought a fully signed one apart from stokes for £30 but that was before osgood died so i should imagine it has gained in value slightly.

channons testimonial tends to get a good price when they come up for sale as do the 84 cup game against pompey.

i have noticed that since saints were relegated, their isnt as much interest in saints stuff as when they were a prem side.

I have a fully signed 76 semi final programme ..but my greatest posession is a fully signed 76 cup final programme..both are priceless.

But may be sold when my grandchild is born next year....

A worthy cause. If and when you do sell them put them on ebay and advertise it on here to bump up the price.;)

The reason i asked about how much the 76 semi final programme was worth is because i bidded for one on ebay and have just got it for 99p + £1.25 postage.

Seems a good price to me?

If anyones after a 76 cup final programme cheap there's one going for £1.70 including postage...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/76-Man-Utd-v-Southampton-fa-cup-final_W0QQitemZ220299852088QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220299852088&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1294%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Edited by Mole

Interesting question.

I have programmes from every match in the cup run, all the tickets and Cup Final rosettes and scarves (I also have a Saints' rattle from '76). But there is no way in hell that I would ever part with them, so it's a moot point to me.

I also used to collect the "silk" scarves from around then, I had about 150 from teams we played. I have no idea where they are now though. Maybe they would have been worth a couple of quid now?

For the cup final in Cardiff I dug out my old yellow silk scarf from 76. Might have been the booze or pre match euphoria but a saints fan in the pub before the game said he hadn't seen one for years and offered me 20 quid. Declined of course.