loan players

OldNick

I heard a caller on Radio Hants saying about the amount of loan players we had on the pitch today.Should we be worried as he said he thought we had 6. I dont know the ruling and how many we had on the pitch at any one time

I counted 3.

Cork

Pearce

Smith

Think i read something somewhere that loans from 'Overseas' don't count to the limit. So if true Spiderman wouldn't have counted. Ha. we bought him didn't we. Idiot.

I heard a caller on Radio Hants saying about the amount of loan players we had on the pitch today.Should we be worried as he said he thought we had 6. I dont know the ruling and how many we had on the pitch at any one time

We had three Cork Pearce and Smith

That is why the other loanees were not on the bench

I think he was under the impression we could only have 5 in total at the club at any one time, not 5 in the starting lineup + bench as I understand the rules to say.
thanks Rob, I just thought knowing saints we get a decent result and then shoot us in the foot

thanks Rob, I just thought knowing saints we get a decent result and then shoot us in the foot

Fortunately not... not yet, anyway ;)

The rules say that you can have a maximum number of 5 loan players in your squad of 16 for a match. Foreign loan players are not included in this, so you could technically have more than 5 loanees if the 6th, 7th etc are foreign loans.

As far as I know there is no written limit as to how many loan players you can have at the club at any one time. There are practical limits, of course, as you have to have enough signed-players to make up the rest of the squad.

I think the person who called in RH was confusing the rules. He seemed to think we could have a maximum of 5 at the club whereas the truth is we can have as many as we like, but only have 5 in the match day squad.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Fortunately not... not yet, anyway ;)

The rules say that you can have a maximum number of 5 loan players in your squad of 16 for a match. Foreign loan players are not included in this, so you could technically have more than 5 loanees if the 6th, 7th etc are foreign loans.

As far as I know there is no written limit as to how many loan players you can have at the club at any one time. There are practical limits, of course, as you have to have enough signed-players to make up the rest of the squad.

I think the person who called in RH was confusing the rules. He seemed to think we could have a maximum of 5 at the club whereas the truth is we can have as many as we like, but only have 5 in the match day squad.

Both true.

whilst I understand the need for loan players, if our squad is very young and inexperienced I would rather they be our youngsters (or at least loans with an option to buy) rather than other teams youngsters

Even if the youngsters loaned significantly improved our first team?

whilst I understand the need for loan players, if our squad is very young and inexperienced I would rather they be our youngsters (or at least loans with an option to buy) rather than other teams youngsters

Not all young players are as good as each other. You can't just say that one young player is as good as the next, just as you can't say one older player is as good as the next. Age isn't the important factor here.

If the players brought in improve the team, that's all that matters. If we were bringing in players that are no better than what we have, I'd agree with you entirely.