Gobern

simo

This made me smile. We wondered at the beginnnig of the season if one or two youngsters were going to break in the team this year and most bets were on Lallana and McGoldrick getting a regular run out. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see so many youngsters making a positive impression.

I have to say (and I know I bang on about it) but when i saw him play at Farnborough he looked very, very impressive. He was running up and down the wing chasing after everything, physically strong and winning balls. Really good attitude and he was communicating with the other players well.

Could well be cut from the same clothe as a certain Arsenal and England rising star...just hope we get a few years out of him before Lowe flogs him...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I saw him at Winchester pre-season when Svensson came back. I thought he was a quality player, a little 'unfinished' but that is due to his age. Lots of skill and running. His only problem, I believe, is his impetuosity which may earn him a few cards.

When he came on, the chap sat behind me hadn't a clue who he was. He was a major part of the reversal of fortunes in this game, giving their right back a real nightmare, and looking very dangerous when stealing in to the back post for the attacks we made on the break down the right hand side. With a bit more composure he could have had two goals himself.

At the winchester game pre season Oscar's family were being introduced to Lord Lowe. OG Seemed a nice chap. He's a player that always wants the ball and is very composed when he gets it. Lowe also liked his brothers hoody and joked with them!

Chavlowe, Jan, Wildey and the Goberns.

COYR

Very Good..and one of the Gobern boys plays at Wolves? Lets get him to Saints if Wolves do not want him and the other brothers.

I have to say (and I know I bang on about it) but when i saw him play at Farnborough he looked very, very impressive. He was running up and down the wing chasing after everything, physically strong and winning balls. Really good attitude and he was communicating with the other players well.

Could well be cut from the same clothe as a certain Arsenal and England rising star...just hope we get a few years out of him before Lowe flogs him...

Shame its not possible to praise a young player without taking a swipe at Lowe - never mind that Lowe did not 'flog' Theo, but got the best deal he could for a player who had been persuaded to go. If Oscar does break into the first team on a regular basis, he will be noticed and it will down to him whether he stays here, not the chairman.

He really impressed me, really nice ball control. I was saying to Mrs Ash at half time that the wingers were ****ing me off being so timid with their attacking play. I wanted someone who would hug the byline or attack the defender, Smith didn't do it but Gobern did. I hope we don't throw him in too much as I think that is to the detriment of some players but it would be nice to see some more of him over the rest of the season.

Does anyone know how you pronounce his name? Is it Go-burn or Gob-ern?

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
He really impressed me, really nice ball control. I was saying to Mrs Ash at half time that the wingers were ****ing me off being so timid with their attacking play. I wanted someone who would hug the byline or attack the defender, Smith didn't do it but Gobern did. I hope we don't throw him in too much as I think that is to the detriment of some players but it would be nice to see some more of him over the rest of the season.

Does anyone know how you pronounce his name? Is it Go-burn or Gob-ern?

I've always heard it as Go-burn.

The "I saw him first" brigade are out in force. :lol:

Seriously though sounds like a promising League debut. Lets hope between him Surman, Lallana, MS and Skacel we can set up a few more goals for DMG.

Don't be so mean.:-) Some of us saw Shearer's [and Walcott's] debut. Every generation has their own.;-)

The radio Solent commentators took at least 15mins to realise that he came on at HT yesterday and still thought that Smith was playing! They reckoned that the two of them look very similar but I seem to remember an OS article about him that showed a tallish white guy which Smith clearly is not ! I checked the squad list and he doesn't seem to exist so it's even more strange that our new hero can even get a game ! Anyway, who cares if he does the biz, eh?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/home/?page_id=8719

Shame its not possible to praise a young player without taking a swipe at Lowe - never mind that Lowe did not 'flog' Theo, but got the best deal he could for a player who had been persuaded to go. If Oscar does break into the first team on a regular basis, he will be noticed and it will down to him whether he stays here, not the chairman.

yeah, not sure I was 'taking a swipe' at Lowe. It is an expression, christ, calm down dear!