NI on UI

miserableoldgit

If a takeover was genuinely about to happen the club wouldn't been farming out the remainder of our good players to lower the wage bill.

I think the biggest and most common mistake in all this takeover rubbish is teh misconception that following a takeover we WOULD be any better off financially - IF and its a pretty big if we are taken over, the most likely is by another set of tinpot local business types with just enough money to prize away the shares but feck all else - eg no different from what we have now, but without the experience... Oh I forget, the last time taht was tried, those in power with no experience agreed to let GB spunk 7mil on gamble of promotion...which left us more in the ****.

Lowe is an arogant, probably selfish egotist who seems at odds with the so called mythical 'real' fan (a real fan is ANYONE who goes to games and supports the club - not teh muthocal flatcapped working man ****** some still seem to spout), but whetehr you like him, are ambivulent or hate his guts, getting the high wage earners of teh books right now is a must

When the UI gave an in depth analysis of the Fulthorpe project, NI listed the pro's and con's of the project and let the reader themselves make up their own mind as to it's viability. From my point of view I could not see anything that would make this happen, unless you found some idiot with a passion for Saints and the loot to boot. Throughout everything that has happened over the last few years, I feel Nick Illingsworth has been near enough spot on with his analysis and what is best for Saints. What I don't think he should do is to pass on these dates for events to materialise. These have obviously been passed on by the originaters, but I feel it would be better to just let it go until it actually happens. Difficult one I know, as I expect he will be continually asked what's happening / is it still going on, but I feel it's best left until something actually happens.

I had the misfortune to talk to someone who is reportedly close to a deal that is supposed to underpin this whole "investment". He tells me he is in line for a £7M commission, which involves a land deal in Wales and a £100M in investment in Southampton Leisure plc. The whole thing is apparently being orchestrated by Jonathan Fulthorpe and the money is "in place".

I suppressed my initial response, which was to laugh out loud, but instead, simply asked whether he had the chance to read the newspapers over the last few weeks. I then remembered that this guy was recently involved in a large investment in property in Spain, which has resulted in a number of my gullible friends, who invested in the scheme, at risk of losing hundreds of thousands of euros, due to the Spanish developers recently going bust.

This Fulthorpe thing is a crock, in my opinion, but I would love to be proved wrong...

This Fulthorpe thing is a crock, in my opinion, but I would love to be proved wrong...

I'd have to agree.

I spoke to someone supposedly involved in the deal some months ago who intimated that they were very close to actually getting something in writing and putting it on the table.

The same sort of comment was reeled out to two people I know at one of the pre-season games in the Mick Channon suite, and then again to different people I know in the corporate area at Doncaster Rovers last month.

It's been "you'll hear something in the next couple of weeks" for the last six months.

I'd have to agree.

I spoke to someone supposedly involved in the deal some months ago who intimated that they were very close to actually getting something in writing and putting it on the table.

The same sort of comment was reeled out to two people I know at one of the pre-season games in the Mick Channon suite, and then again to different people I know in the corporate area at Doncaster Rovers last month.

It's been "you'll hear something in the next couple of weeks" for the last six months.

So that's three times we've been 'close' and not once has the LSE been informed :rolleyes:

There was me under the impression that those sort of things were bound by disclosure laws.

So that's three times we've been 'close' and not once has the LSE been informed :rolleyes:

There was me under the impression that those sort of things were bound by disclosure laws.

Exactly. The fact that absolutely nothing has happened on that front only backs up the "tyre kicker" theory, whether Fulthorpe and co like it or not.

I'm sure we've had this discussion before - about announcements to the LSE.

Didn't we establish that announcements only have to be made, for example:

If existing shareholders buy more shares to take their holdings over 30%

If an offer is actually put on the table or if there is a significant movement in share price based on speculation about an offer (as happened with the PA business)

In other words, if there's no formal offer, there's no need for the club to make such an announcement.

Maybe (as GM hinted at) it's a complex deal and other instruments have to be in place before a formal offer can be made.

Or not........... :D

Exactly. The fact that absolutely nothing has happened on that front only backs up the "tyre kicker" theory, whether Fulthorpe and co like it or not.

The LSE does not have to be informed if someone is working towards putting a bid together.

"Tyre kicker" is also a misleading phrase to bandy about IMO.

They clearly are interested in investing.

The LSE does not have to be informed if someone is working towards putting a bid together.

"Tyre kicker" is also a misleading phrase to bandy about IMO.

They clearly are interested in investing.

How long does it take for someone to move from 'interested in investing' to 'tyre kicker'?

I would suggest 8 months is more than enough.