BT Infinity problems

terrypward

Anyone from Hedge End had any problems recently?

"Switched" from Sky to BT Infinity last week.

Well at least I tried... the BT guy never showed (or bothered to let me know my appointment was cancelled). Only found this out after my 1-6pm timeslot passed and I called them up to ask what was going on.

I am without broadband as BT cancelled my existing service when switching and am stuck with tethering until it's sorted (tethering that doesn't work properly since IOS5 was released!).

Apparently there is a problem with the exchange in my area that will be reviewed today. I have a feeling they haven't a clue what is going on though!

Still, they offered me £10 in compensation... so that makes it all better! Customer Service levels are doggers and if I had the choice of going elsewhere for decent speeds I would (no Virgins in Hedge End).

Thanks Timebomb, that will come in useful - I have not accepted anything yet. Am going to sort the complaint side out once they have installed my broadband. Have read through their complaints procedure and will be heading to the Ombudsman with it (only to try and cause them as much inconvenience as they are causing me) :-)