My PC has decided to no longer display things on it's monitor.

Colinjb

Monitor definitely getting power to it? As Barry the Badger says try the monitor connected to something else if poss
Ok, good shout. The computer is working through my TV (via HDMI). Trying the monitor with my work laptop now.....And it also works. I will try now the monitor again on my computer....No, the problem seems to be the monitor output port on my computer/graphics card.I take it that HDMI to conventional monitor input port cables are available?

Ok, good shout. The computer is working through my TV (via HDMI). Trying the monitor with my work laptop now.....And it also works. I will try now the monitor again on my computer....No, the problem seems to be the monitor output port on my computer/graphics card.I take it that HDMI to conventional monitor input port cables are available?

But it didn't work connecting the monitor to the onboard graphics card either?!

Seen cables the other way round before allowing you to connect VGA card to Hdmi on tv but sure you'll be able to find something. Might be in the form of a converter box though

But it didn't work connecting the monitor the onboard graphics card either?!

No, that didn't work, although the integrated graphics card disabled itself as soon as the new card was put in.

I am running the PC through HDMI on my tele at the moment and it's running a system restore. I will try again afterwards to see if it has cured the issue.

No, that didn't work, although the integrated graphics card disabled itself as soon as the new card was put in.

I am running the PC through HDMI on my tele at the moment and it's running a system restore. I will try again afterwards to see if it has cured the issue.

Can always take the new card out and then try the monitor with the onboard graphics

Bit of a coincidence both failing if the monitor works so my money is on the new graphics card output

Is there a chance you went over the monitors refresh rate / maximum resolution in your pc's settings by accident? You might have made a mistake and now the screen is refusing to show anything. Best thing to do would be to plug 2 displays into the PC and fiddle with the other monitors settings that way.