Which is one is the simplest to use?

Saint in Paradise

iPhone is probably the easiest to use, if not by as much as some posters would like to have you believe.

You will find people who had iPhones and on trying android preferred it and the other way round. It does appear to be a personal preference thing so the best thing to do if possible is get her to try them to see which she prefers. If not then you may want to take into account other factors such as being tied into iTunes for the iPhone, etc.

best bet is take your wife to try the phones in the shop to see which one suits her.if she just wants to just call and text i.ve always found nokia phones the easiet in the past but have no idea how the new nokias with windows software are any good but think the design of the new nokias are fantastic.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I've got the iPhone 4 and my son-in-law has the Galaxy S II. The downside for the apple is that there is no flash or FM (so no footy commentary) which the Galaxy has. The Galaxy seems to have better 3G reception and the screen is bigger but the image is not as clear as the iPhone. Yer pays yer money...

I've got the iPhone 4 and my son-in-law has the Galaxy S II. The downside for the apple is that there is no flash or FM (so no footy commentary) which the Galaxy has. The Galaxy seems to have better 3G reception and the screen is bigger but the image is not as clear as the iPhone. Yer pays yer money...

If you did want the footie commentary through the iPhone get the photon app and log into Saintsplayer, as long as you've got a decent 3G signal or wifi then it works fine.

My technophobe fiancée hates the Android operating system on her HTC Wildfire but absolutely adores the Apple OS. As such if you want something that is primarily easy to use I would go for an iPhone.

Though it should be pointed out that the wildfire is made to a much lower budget than the iphone. When you get to similar priced phones there is much less to choose between them and the samsung has beaten the iphone to a fair number of awards recently.

Nokia N9

Samsung Galaxy

iPhone

My wife has decided she needs a smart phone but she doesn't know which one is the

best for a novice. I have no idea and I like really simple phones I don't need all the

extras like e-mail etc etc.

You'll be lucky to get a Nokia N9, and even if you did you can't get apps. Its the only device on the Meego platform.

You might mean Nokia Lumia 800 - which looks similar. The WP7 operating system is very easy to use, and very 'personable' - i.e. set up specifically how you want it.

Suggest she goes and plays with all options. I know which I prefer!