I have a feeling .........

1965onwards

.........that Lowe thought we had enough young talent, whereby putting them in the shop window,he could raise enough money in the January sales to more than pay off the overdraft.

Probably the reason behind offering contracts to Dyer,McGoldrick and Lallana in particular.

Can't see him getting anywhere near the money he expected.

Be lucky to see £3million IMO.

.........that Lowe thought we had enough young talent, whereby putting them in the shop window,he could raise enough money in the January sales to more than pay off the overdraft.

£10m shy?

Probably the reason behind offering contracts to Dyer,McGoldrick and Lallana in particular.

I have a feeling that this recession is going to cripple the club and the country. I have feeling that we ain't seen nothing yet.

Yep. A fatal miscalculation that could kill the club.

I think he got a bit greedy and star-struck after seeing what happened with Bale and Walcott.

I have a feeling that Lowe is starting to doing as he did in the Prem.

Planning for the worst.

If we go down, he doesn't want administration.

Which is fine. Apart form the fact it increases the chances of relegation.

It is a vicious circle, granted, but Lowe has entered us into it.

Again.

Yep. A fatal miscalculation that could kill the club.

I think he got a bit greedy and star-struck after seeing what happened with Bale and Walcott.

Lowe's plan from Day 1 was to buy low, sell high. Hence he cover story for the academy. He never had any intention of making the club a force, it was only ever about maintaining his fat salary and keeping the cabal happy with dividends and creating other avenues of income they can milk off the back of Southampton football club ltd.

If we had a chairman that put football first, or at the very least used it as the main area of concern for re-investing profits, we would not be in this mess. Lowe was only ever going to placate the fans while pandering to the shareholders. But this second rate businessman's plans have come crashing down, leaving the fans to suffer for evermore while he saunters back to where he came from.

Many fans now see we have been shafted left, right and centre forward.

I have a feeling that MAYBE, more by luck than judgement, we've been carving costs out of the club and culling deadwood, we may (and I hate this) appear to have been visionary.

While I am scared sh8tless about the state of the club, I really think that football is in for one heck of a shock as the recession gathers speed.

Sky's profits through the floor, Setanta needing finance, Liverpool's 30 mil a year of profits going on ONLY paying the interest to buy them, sponsorship budgets being slashed across the globe, corporate boxes not even selling at Old Trafford. (and who the heck is going to pay off Charlton's 30mil of debt?)

It isn't just about us, just that we were the first in the real sh*t. For the next 3 months it is simply about surviving. If we get to January then somebody somewhere has been a bl**dy magician.

I have a feeling that we have been cutting the wrong costs. At the rate we are going we will get rid of any first team player who has any ounce of ability just so that we can maintain spending on everything except the first team. I think that it may be time for the academy to go. If it costs more than £2.5m a year then it is not worth the trouble. It might be another 2 or 3 years before we get another Bale or Walcott judging by what I have seen so far this season.

The one thing that the arrogant fool Lowe never considered was the fans deserting the club.

He always believed that no matter what, he would have 20k+ per game and things would just about be ok financially, for this season at least.

The recent 14-15k crowds, coupled with Christmas drawing ever closer and the credit crunch biting a bit harder, the prospect of 10-12k home gates over the coming months is a very, very real.

I have it on good authority the main creditor (s) is getting VERY twitchy! (That explains today's desperate 'we are doing all we can to reduce overheads guvnor, honest!' last ditch action to appease the real owners of SFC).

My gut feeling is we will be incurring a points deduction a lot sooner than many people think.