That £2million Michael Wilde said he "could get easily"

aintforever

But it was supposed to be coming out of his family trust fund.

It came from the same fantasy land where the manifesto came from. A land of make-believe, with flowers and bells and leprechauns and magic frogs with funny little hats.

The word "trust" surely shouldn't be used in any discussion about the mendacious Mr. Wilde.

More bullsh*t. He said he'd match what Wilde would put in, which to be honest, I could as well.

What about your hero Rupert. At least Crouch didn't take a wage to run the club.

petty *****y and wrong, sorry! lighten up -why so sensitive about Crouch?

and Crouch said he would put in £1m and didn't, I'll add a tenner, we have £3,000,010!

Crouch called the other directors out in a Texas hold 'em style. At a board meeting, he said he would put a million quid in if everyone else would.

He wrote a cheque there and then for the amount, put it in the middle of the table, and waited in embarrassed silence while Lowe, Wilde, Patrick Trant etc shuffled awkwardly around, gulped nervoulsy as beads of sweat broke out on their brows, and kept their hands firmly in their pockets.

When it was obvious nobody was going to match his contribution, Crouch picked up his cheque and put it back in his pocket.

This comes from somebody who was actually at that meeting (not Leon Crouch).

Crouch called the other directors out in a Texas hold 'em style. At a board meeting, he said he would put a million quid in if everyone else would.

He wrote a cheque there and then for the amount, put it in the middle of the table, and waited in embarrassed silence while Lowe, Wilde, Patrick Trant etc shuffled awkwardly around, gulped nervoulsy as beads of sweat broke out on their brows, and kept their hands firmly in their pockets.

When it was obvious nobody was going to match his contribution, Crouch picked up his cheque and put it back in his pocket.

Nope, Lowe and Crouch have never been directors of the club at the same time.Whatever he did,whenever he did it Lowe wasn't there.

The execs exploded this "putting his hand in his pocket myth"

He wrote a cheque for Guthrie's pay but there we strings attached.The execs explained that it wasn't on and the cheque was never presented for payment.

to make it clear though -why should he? I don't criticise him for not putting money in -I don't put my money in, it is just frustrating when you hear of benefactors at other clubs and we have Lowe showing no interest and Wilde/Crouch getting our hopes up then nothing.

Edited by NickG

I hear he is now prepared to up that to £2m to help pay off the overdraft but still expects Wilde and Lowe to match him. fat chance.

Nope, Lowe and Crouch have never been directors of the club at the same time.Whatever he did,whenever he did it Lowe wasn't there.

The execs exploded this "putting his hand in his pocket myth"

He wrote a cheque for Guthrie's pay but there we strings attached.The execs explained that it wasn't on and the cheque was never presented for payment.

Sorry, you're right, no Lowe, but certainly Wilde and Trant passed up the opportunity to put their chequebooks where their mouths were.

The execs exploding the 'myth' came after this meeting, at which time they were quite right in saying that Crouch wasn't going to put his hands in his pocket. Having failed to see the gauntlet he threw down, picked up, he wasn't likely to make the offer again.

Ah yes, the execs, Dullieu, Oldknow etc, fine upstanding characters who you would always trust to be totally honest and tell the truth.

Wouldn't you?

Sorry, you're right, no Lowe, but certainly Wilde and Trant passed up the opportunity to put their chequebooks where their mouths were.

The execs exploding the 'myth' came after this meeting, at which time they were quite right in saying that Crouch wasn't going to put his hands in his pocket. Having failed to see the gauntlet he threw down, picked up, he wasn't likely to make the offer again.

Ah yes, the execs, Dullieu, Oldknow etc, fine upstanding characters who you would always trust to be totally honest and tell the truth.

Wouldn't you?

I don't know but I asked Hone about. He may have lied to me but at least I heard it direct from him. He said that Crouch never paid any money into the lcub. He said he did make an investment offer but the terms of it were a loan that he could recall at anytime and which the board could not accept. There were other conditions mentioned but I can't remember. I appreciate he was biased and I cannot prove it but he said Crouch's suggestion that he offered investment was misleading.

I don't know whether to believe it or not but would suggest that it was so detailed and open that someone at that level of experience would not risk making it up.

I have nothing against Crouch. My first comment was a joke. I have explained my jealousy of other benefactors and also that Lowe appears to show no public interest in investing or seeking investment

Wouldn't you?

No it's not a case of trust really.I don't know them personally.

They told me, by way of trading statements or similar, that we needed to sell (not buy) players last January, I was OK with that our season was on the rocks already so a bit more (without passing into the danger zone) was OK by me.It didn't happen, we bought a player for more than we obtained in loan fees and now we're in the brown because of that (and other things).

We needed to pack up and ship out last January but by then the execs were gone(well apart from the stooge Hoos). Lowe and Wilde had lost their last

control cable to the club and we went on a firking boy scouts jamboree

buying Davies when we couldn't afford to, signing big money loans and not selling anybody.I'm sure that if we'd still had the execs last January we'd have got off a bit lighter on the debt front.

to make it clear though -why should he? I don't criticise him for not putting money in -I don't put my money in, it is just frustrating when you hear of benefactors at other clubs and we have Lowe showing no interest and Wilde/Crouch getting our hopes up then nothing.

but that is what major shareholders in a PLC do when it needs money, they have rights issues to raise funds

sorry forgot we are only a plc when it suits rupert AND his gang.

I don't know but I asked Hone about. He may have lied to me but at least I heard it direct from him. He said that Crouch never paid any money into the lcub. He said he did make an investment offer but the terms of it were a loan that he could recall at anytime and which the board could not accept. There were other conditions mentioned but I can't remember. I appreciate he was biased and I cannot prove it but he said Crouch's suggestion that he offered investment was misleading.

I don't know whether to believe it or not but would suggest that it was so detailed and open that someone at that level of experience would not risk making it up.

I have nothing against Crouch. My first comment was a joke. I have explained my jealousy of other benefactors and also that Lowe appears to show no public interest in investing or seeking investment

I checked this out last night. LC wrote a cheque out and handed it over with no conditions but it was never cashed. When he enquired why to David Jones he was told it hadn't been needed. A few months later he was asked by the executives for another and this time he refused having fallen out with Hone by then.

As far as I can see Crouch is the only person so far who has dipped into his personal finance to help the Saints out. Whatever you think of his short time as Chairman the man does at least deserve a little of our gratitude and like I said he is prepared to go further now.

I hear he is now prepared to up that to £2m to help pay off the overdraft but still expects Wilde and Lowe to match him. fat chance.

To be fair, while it's an admirable "offer" (I say that in inverted commas because, as far as I'm aware, such an offer hasn't been formally made to the club), I don't expect either Lowe or Wilde's personal fortunes to be such that they could afford to **** £2m down the drain even if they were willing to.

I checked this out last night. LC wrote a cheque out and handed it over with no conditions but it was never cashed. When he enquired why to David Jones he was told it hadn't been needed. A few months later he was asked by the executives for another and this time he refused having fallen out with Hone by then.

The way Jones described it to me was that Crouch wrote the cheque and handed it over, but as the club was in a bid situation they had to check with the Takeover Panel as to the situation regarding director loans/donations so they couldn't cash it immediately. Once they got permission (a few days later), Jones phoned Crouch out of courtesy to check he was still happy for the cheque to be presented, and he refused.

I suspect the actual truth lies somewhere between those two stories.

The way Jones described it to me was that Crouch wrote the cheque and handed it over, but as the club was in a bid situation they had to check with the Takeover Panel as to the situation regarding director loans/donations so they couldn't cash it immediately. Once they got permission (a few days later), Jones phoned Crouch out of courtesy to check he was still happy for the cheque to be presented, and he refused.

Whatever the truth is it proves to me that Crouch has more Balls and a genuine love of SFC than Lowe & Wilde will ever have. The day that power crazy Lowe got back in control this year will prove to be the day that started the slow death of SFC. History will show Lowe up for what he really is. Had we carried on with Crouch at the helm and Pearson in the Managers seat we would not be where we are today,The laughing stock of the football world, Every club in the league is looking forward to coming to St Marys ,they know there are easy points to be won.

Whatever the truth is it proves to me that Crouch has more Balls and a genuine love of SFC than Lowe & Wilde will ever have.

He may well have, but it would appear to be a conditional love - not that any of us are any different. Its all about degrees of commitment. You clearly have a genuine love for the club, but would you hand over your salary cheque each month to save it?

We are clearly in the do-do. This type of meandering nonsense regurgitating third hand accounts really doesn't prove anything more than we already know.

IMHO that story was more to do with the *****fest going on at the time with Hone and Crouch than anything else.

I think both sides were pontificating and posturing and their own little fight meant the Club was a sideshow for a short perid.

I could never get my head around why someone would write out a cheque and hand it over (that's about the only factual part you can rely on in this story), but then the recipient would need to go back to ask if they could cash it (they've given you the cheque, isn't that enough???) and then a few months down the line when the cheque still hasn't been cashed the original person says hold on (is that after he has been foced out and he says ficuk you???).

Like I said I think it was a side show between two men who hated each other.