Is anyone else numb with saints at the mo

Thedelldays

after another key player has been let go (i do understand why to a degree) was I alone in just shrugging my shoulders at this news due to the fact I do not really care that much anymore?

We are now on the countdown to when we say bye bye to Lallana....again, I doubt I will care too much..

oh well..

Numb yes..care yep still do very much but I am not going to take much more.

What other club lets its 2 previous seasons goalscorers go on loan?

Sorry all this about no money etc is fine but how come we can afford Forecast, Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Smith then?

You cannot keep letting go of your better experienced players and still survive with kids its madness. In the reserve match the other night there was only one player who looked as though they could step up in the near future and that was Immudia and he is small.

Paterson is exempt from that ....he will be ready next season.

Sorry all this about no money etc is fine but how come we can afford Forecast, Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Smith then?

You cannot keep letting go of your better experienced players and still survive with kids its madness. In the reserve match the other night there was only one player who looked as though they could step up in the near future and that was Immudia and he is small.

Exactly or are we being told the 5 you named are earning less in total than 1 man

I'm with you there, just not bothered any more! I used to have a real passion for the game and supporting Saints cost me a lot more than money(friends, girlfriends etc.) I used to live for Saturdays, now I spend my Saturdays with my family and I get a lot more enjoyment than going to SMS to watch that ****e! Its sad when I think about it. There are more important things than football in my life at the moment. And before anyone starts having a pop at me, no I wouldn't start going again if we start winning again!

after another key player has been let go (i do understand why to a degree) was I alone in just shrugging my shoulders at this news due to the fact I do not really care that much anymore?

We are now on the countdown to when we say bye bye to Lallana....again, I doubt I will care too much..

oh well..

I think everyone is. Even those that could bother to figure out this would be happening are equally shocked. Knowing it will happen and actually seeing it happen can be two very different experiences.

This has been common knowledge for such a long time (since the execs stated we would have to sell players in the window) and yet still so many can't figure out where this has come from. Who's dumb enough to say the exec's were over exaggerating the position now?

We should not be in this position, but gross mismanagement of our finances and avoidance of reality placed us in this position a long time ago. We will get what we deserve and a lot of fans can't be arsed to do anything about it, so be it.

I think everyone is. Even those that could bother to figure out this would be happening are equally shocked. Knowing it will happen and actually seeing it happen can be two very different experiences.

This has been common knowledge for such a long time (since the execs stated we would have to sell players in the window) and yet still so many can't figure out where this has come from. Who's dumb enough to say the exec's were over exaggerating the position now?

We should not be in this position, but gross mismanagement of our finances and avoidance of reality placed us in this position a long time ago. We will get what we deserve and a lot of fans can't be arsed to do anything about it, so be it.

Sort of agree but how can we afford the 5/6 youngsters we have signed this season?

This is now a club with no hope!!Everyone start praying as we definately need a miracle to give us a fresh start without Lowe and Wilde.Div 1 looks an absolute certainty our only hope is Barnsley,Forest and Doncaster having shocking seasons and staying below us!!

Yes the bad news hurts less and less.I used to have a bad Saturday night if Saints lost but now a quick shrug of the shoulders and just get on with things as normal.Worringly more people are switching off/caring less about Saints every week

Yeah, completely numb with it all. The only difference is I still love atmosphere, the pubs, the away days, the banter. The actual football seems to get less and less important, even though still very important. But some of the fanbase are very apathetic. They are willing to not turn up and watch the club get ****ed over. Something needs to be done..We need to rally together, get something done. Or just give the team 100% of our backing and singing. It's not their fault they have to get picked because our best players are sold and getting loaned out.

FFS. Just saw that now and have to say that move has left me speechless.

I'm all for playing the youngster as long as they are complemented with players who have experience. With SJ going, we have no one that can do a job as well as him.

Am angry, ****ed off and saddened by it all at the same time.

oh well..

Agreed. I was outraged about Rasiak (2x), Saga and Skacel. Now I just view the news with exhaustion and resignation.....

Feel really sorry for ST holders.

Ditto..Patterson looks good..So why Robertson who is not good enough.

Pulis would not get in our reserves..even if fit in time for xmas. Gasmi? will still need several weeks to get match fit and then is he better than what we have. Forecast well who knows and who really cares. Smith there you go again better than White or Thomson..doubt it.

Supporter since 57/58 season and I feel this with Stern John and other recent very strange deals as mentioned above has left me with strong suspicions as to what Lowey and Wildey were up to..who knows.

To be honest they really lost my support after the Pulis saga. To be honest Holmes was okay but not as good as some would have you believe.No pace

but for lower league team or even league 1 some of these might be scraping in the side.

I strongly believe Stern John has been messed around.

Like many of the others it just ain't worth it anymore...

AND you Lowe luvvies take a hike he is the root of all our problems and how the other Directors can't see defies logic.....We are a very very poor team and now we are a very poor Footbal club and it saddens me to say this as I love the club.

Pulis would not get in our reserves..even if fit in time for xmas. Gasmi? will still need several weeks to get match fit and then is he better than what we have. Forecast well who knows and who really cares. Smith there you go again better than White or Thomson..doubt it.

Supporter since 57/58 season and I feel this with Stern John and other recent very strange deals as mentioned above has left me with strong suspicions as to what Lowey and Wildey were up to..who knows.

To be honest they really lost my support after the Pulis saga. To be honest Holmes was okay but not as good as some would have you believe.No pace

but for lower league team or even league 1 some of these might be scraping in the side.

AND you Lowe luvvies take a hike he is the root of all our problems and how the other Directors can't see defies logic.....We are a very very poor team and now we are a very poor Footbal club and it saddens me to say this as I love the club.

:smt038:smt038

Quality post.

sad as I might be (or am), I actually used to really enjoy going to games when we were crap (exc Matt Le Tiss) and had 10 ****e grafters on the pitch. I'm thinking of grim wednesday nights in crap towns like Leicester, with the likes of Benali, Evans, Maddison, Magilton etc on the pitch.

I expected us to get beat by PL teams every week and was chuffed if we went home with a draw. That glimmer of faint hope transpired into massive satisfaction if we ever won a game away. I remember being totally gutted losing 4-3 away at Leicester to a last minute penalty and it ruining my week.

Now, for various reasons, but mostly due to bemusement that its come to this, I found it difficult to even muster the desire to go to a game, I'm filled with fear that we will get thumped by teams even worse than us and there is no faint glimmer of hope of turning the corner.

Frankly, getting to the point where I find it hard to care and thats what ****es me off the most.

All seems fair comment to me.

It will take something fairly dramatic to happen between now and the season ticket renewal time for me to even consider renewing. Really, I have just had enough. I do sometimes enjoy games and the kids certainly do try. In fact Robertson's goal against Norwich was the best I have seen for several seasons. Trouble is, I have had the enthusiasm gradually beaten out of me and life is too short to go through this for another season. Might be different if I was in my teens or twenties, but I am not and feel I need to say farewell to Saints and move on. Seems a sad way to end after following Saints for the best part of 36 years.

Thanks Rupert and Co.

Sadly Saints supporters are like the condemned man,we are resigned to our fate !!

The lifeblood has been sucked out of our club month by month,and still the miss-management continues.How much more must we be asked to put up with,this once proud club seems to be dying right in front of our eyes.It comes to something when lifelong supporters show indifference to what is happening,I guess that says it all really.Most true supporters are heartily sick with the way our club has been run into the ground,and sadly it appears that we are in for yet more pain in the future.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rupert Lowe for saving me the price of three season tickets and all of the money i would have spent on beer and programmes at St Marys next season.

My friends and drinking buddies who used to accompany me to watch Saints send their thanks as well,because they also have saved a lot of money,time and effort going to football.

My extended family would also like to send their thanks to RL because they will now see more of me,rather than losing me to footy days.

With all these people expressing their gratitude,i cant understand why Rupert isnt more popular?

oh well..

For once you are not alone.

I haven't given up .............................................. yet!!!!!

I'm still hoping that there will be something that will galvanise the fanbase and get the spirit back. Have no idea what shape or form it will take, but I'm just not ready to give up at this point.

My fear is that with football in general going down the pan our own position is magnified with the current regime sucking (and have sucked) the lifeblood out of the Club.

One thing that is for sure is that they are certainly not the men to galvanise the fanbase.

I haven't given up .............................................. yet!!!!!

I'm still hoping that there will be something that will galvanise the fanbase and get the spirit back. Have no idea what shape or form it will take, but I'm just not ready to give up at this point.

My fear is that with football in general going down the pan our own position is magnified with the current regime sucking (and have sucked) the lifeblood out of the Club.

One thing that is for sure is that they are certainly not the men to galvanise the fanbase.

Understatement of the year.

Why the other Directors just sit there and let Lowey and Wildey continue.

Then again I really can't see how this fearsome team running the show will not step aside

before it is too late..It is almost like they have lost their money so sod the lot of you..

Then again Lowey has never put any money into the club.

Its absolute madness!! Is getting John off the wage bill really gonna help save money in the long run? Sure you wont have to pay him 8k a week but him and a few other players are the only ones who are gonna get people through the gates on match days. Very few people are willing to pay 24 quid to see our reserves try to fill the boots of the players weve got rid of. I was considering coming down for the Coventry game and may still do if we get a result at Swansea but this is just another factor in a long list of disapointements this season.

I also just kind of shrugged when I heard John had gone. Partly because Lowe isn't letting him play anyway, so it makes f*ck all difference really. Partly because I am so used to the disappointment that comes with all out bet players leaving.

I expect crowds will drop further. If lallana, Surman or Skacel leaves in the near future, I reckon we could well see gates drop below the 10,000 mark. There's a depressing thought...

"Sorry all this about no money etc is fine but how come we can afford Forecast, Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Smith then"?

Exactly or are we being told the 5 you named are earning less in total than 1 man

They've been signed as ready made replacements in anticipation of the higher earners and better players being sold in January or going out on loan.

all identity. Rich foreigners play things full of rich foreign players.

The Premiership bores me, there's rarely more than a few games at 3pm on a Saturday anymore, the results are largely predictable and the new dream is that possibly, with huge investment and a hell of a lot of luck and good management, it might be possible to some day finish 4th.

I have to disagree...it seems to be fashionable to say the prem is boring when you are not in it...the prem produces some of the best club football you are likly to see these days..some of the skill and technical ability is superb...

as for 3pm kickoffs, who really cares? really? fans turn up or not regardless of the kickoff times..look at our situation..

you say you need all that to finish 4th...would that be pretty much the case in this league too..??

for ages I took stick at laughing at those who claimed that this league was fair etc? what makes parachute payments fair? it is still "big club heavy" and we were part of that..

if going to watch utter utter crud play for and against saints at 3pm ion a saturday is peoples idea of fun then I am happy to stay away.....