Ex-Saint Dowie sacked

DT

What shoestring?.

It's not what you pay for them it's what you pay them that counts,

as we found to our disadvantage.

QPR have had wholesale transfers, last summer and the January before.

I mean they might have got Ayemang for 350K but I bet he's not on 50p a week.All those Italians, Busaky...etc

Not saying they havnt spent money but considering they are richer than chelsea they havent spent allot at all.

they are more in a position now where they dont have to worry about money. the saints qpr game the tatters were talking about how dowie hasnt had much money to spend yet they are one of the richest clubs in the world

funny how burley spent a fortune in one go and stumbled into the playoffs despite having one of the best squads in the league....

yet dowie is rated as crap (by some) for being only 1 point from the playoffs and not spending as much??

1 point from the playoffs was a major success for burley in the eyes of bournmouth saint and nickh etc

overrated manager and failed in most jobs except one season at Palace

To be fair though he has a near identical if not better history of managing then Burley which we know you rate. i.e he got a team to a playoffs and failed. Then moved to another club and got them promoted to the Prem league (although when Dowie did it he actually had no money at all). Then got them relegated from the prem league.

Then moved onto another club (Charlton) and spent all their money and failed (sound familiar?). Then moved onto Coventry where he actually did pretty damn good considering he had no cash or the things Coleman now has from the takeover. He actually won 40% of his games there. Then he fell out with the chairman (sound familiar?) and moved to QPR. Now if you look at his record at QPR your see he has actually won 8 of his 15 games which is a win rate of 53%. He has only lost 2 games which is 1 point from 4th. I think we can assume the QPR billionaires have someone else lined up to takeover.

So by that logic must mean you do not rate Burley as the two careers are very similar. Me personally i dont rate either of them but i would rather have Dowie in charge then JP that is for sure. Dowie has proven in the past to get out of this league with a poor squad and no cash, where as JP is unknown (other then the fact he has lost 50% of his games).

AndyNorthernSaints, Flowers & Dowie at SMS would be a dream come true. Dowie is a very under-rated manager imo, and gets way more flak than he deserves. He's a very good tactician and a great motivator, people obviously look past the fact that he's a very good manager at CCC level and took Palarse from being a nobody club to play-off winners.

I'd love to see Dowie at SMS and I hope that he does come so we can get rid of that berk Poortvliet. And he can take Wotte with him too. I will gladly sacrifice 'total football' for points at the end of a game.