Ex-Saint Dowie sacked

DT

qpr

Ah right, as we've successfully proved this season, you don't need to spend money to be shîte.When you're broke and selling everything that isn't nailed down,well it stands to reason that you're going to be crap.When you've spent a lot of money only Dolly Parton can justify it.

(NB before you ask: Famous quotation from DP,"It takes a whole lot of money to look this cheap".)

get him in

I disagree Joe. If QPR don't think he's good enough to lead them to the Promised Land then I doubt if he'd be able to do it for us on a zero budget. Also I feel changing a manager midway through a season (or even 12 games in) isn't a great idea. We have been down this route before and it hasn't always worked out for us.

I disagree Joe. If QPR don't think he's good enough to lead them to the Promised Land then I doubt if he'd be able to do it for us on a zero budget. Also I feel changing a manager midway through a season (or even 12 games in) isn't a great idea. We have been down this route before and it hasn't always worked out for us.

when we didn't change the manager (Wigley) quickly enough we went down!

He's made some pretty sh:t career choices...

And get this...a mate of mine saw him in a pub a few years back and said he was sh:tfaced...could barely stand up. I thought it was quite funny at the time...however the way some of the holier than thou types around here go on i'm sure they'd have him down as a raging alcoholic within month of joining...

TBF QPR may be the richest but they have speant bugger all compared to other so called rich clubs. Dowie was still asked to do the job on a shoe string budget and I thought he was doing OK.

Could do with ome of his pressence in our team sometimes.

What shoestring?.

It's not what you pay for them it's what you pay them that counts,

as we found to our disadvantage.

QPR have had wholesale transfers, last summer and the January before.

I mean they might have got Ayemang for 350K but I bet he's not on 50p a week.All those Italians, Busaky...etc

overrated manager and failed in most jobs except one season at Palace

"most jobs"?

Was a success at Oldham, and will be at another club soon.

And, of course, Coventry, Crystal Palace and Charlton have done SO much better since they got rid of him, despite having the highly-rated Coleman, Warnock and Pardew in charge, respectively!

Failures the lot of 'em!

Don't want Dowie here, don't rate him at all.

Did okay at Oldham and then got lucky at Palace as Andy Johnson turned into a goal machine out of nowhere. Hasn't really done much anywhere else.

QPR have spent a fair bit and will be paying big wages. The likes of Bukzaky and Lee Cook will be on massive wages, as will the foreign lads they have on loan. I can't imagine a man like Damiano Tomassi will be there on the cheap either. I guess they are comparing what he has done with the likes of Wolves and found he has come up short.

Don't want Dowie here, don't rate him at all.

Did okay at Oldham and then got lucky at Palace as Andy Johnson turned into a goal machine out of nowhere. Hasn't really done much anywhere else.

QPR have spent a fair bit and will be paying big wages. The likes of Bukzaky and Lee Cook will be on massive wages, as will the foreign lads they have on loan. I can't imagine a man like Damiano Tomassi will be there on the cheap either. I guess they are comparing what he has done with the likes of Wolves and found he has come up short.

I'm sure i remember reading when Johnson was at Birmingham something about him being record goalscorer for their youth team. So it wasn't that surprising...

overrated manager and failed in most jobs except one season at Palace

Failed is a hard way of putting it. He has a average record with average teams, won more than he lost and has managed for 6 years.

I would have thought for someone who played over 150 games for us you may have choosen a better turn of phrase. But having respect for ex-players is just something 'flat caps' do in these days of hard nosed business approach to football.

"most jobs"?

Was a success at Oldham, and will be at another club soon.

And, of course, Coventry, Crystal Palace and Charlton have done SO much better since they got rid of him, despite having the highly-rated Coleman, Warnock and Pardew in charge, respectively!

Failures the lot of 'em!

its funny when they havent managed us their past record is put in front of their failure but ours move on to international jobs and are still slaughtered.

IMO Dowie is not a good manager as his record at Charlton where he spent big and failed miserably, Palace where he got them up on a roll and went straight back down again, where they kept their squad and added to it and still failed badly.

Football is about opinions and my opinion of Dowie is that he is not a good manager, you think differently.

I dont know how well he did at Oldham but was he sacked or headhunted by Palace?

Failed is a hard way of putting it. He has a average record with average teams, won more than he lost and has managed for 6 years.

I would have thought for someone who played over 150 games for us you may have choosen a better turn of phrase. But having respect for ex-players is just something 'flat caps' do in these days of hard nosed business approach to football.

Dowie played 150 games for us and I never liked him as a player, he was woeful in front of goal, forget not he had the supply of one of the best players ever to grace our team.

Just because he is an ex-player does not mean I think he is a good manager.

its funny when they havent managed us their past record is put in front of their failure but ours move on to international jobs and are still slaughtered.

IMO Dowie is not a good manager as his record at Charlton where he spent big and failed miserably, Palace where he got them up on a roll and went straight back down again, where they kept their squad and added to it and still failed badly.

Football is about opinions and my opinion of Dowie is that he is not a good manager, you think differently.

I dont know how well he did at Oldham but was he sacked or headhunted by Palace?

i could not care less if he went on to manage brazil...burley was cack for us, he is also a major part of the crap we are in and the crud we are left with...i mean, EUELL and the wages he is suposed to be on?

it wont be long before he is sacked from his post now, FFS even one or two of his players have had enough of him already...

sadly, I will take great pleasure in watching him and his scotland team fail...

It was only a matter of time before the golden axe fell, it always happens when a club is taken over like this. I'm surprised its taken so long and there will be a foreign manager there within a week, he is probably packing his bags as we speak.
I think you hit the nail on the head there, as much as I dont rate Dowie he was never going to last long under the new regime, he was on a hiding to nothing.

i could not care less if he went on to manage brazil...burley was cack for us, he is also a major part of the crap we are in and the crud we are left with...i mean, EUELL and the wages he is suposed to be on?

it wont be long before he is sacked from his post now, FFS even one or two of his players have had enough of him already...

sadly, I will take great pleasure in watching him and his scotland team fail...

That is fine and I dont care if he fails either as he walked out on us the same as Hoddle, HR, WGS they all left us in the lurch one way or other.

He's made some pretty sh:t career choices...

And get this...a mate of mine saw him in a pub a few years back and said he was sh:tfaced...could barely stand up. I thought it was quite funny at the time...however the way some of the holier than thou types around here go on i'm sure they'd have him down as a raging alcoholic within month of joining...

To be fair Dowie is sh:tfaced when he is sober. ;-) Has to be the ugliest man in football!

But he's a good manager, and for all the talk of big money at QPR, they havent spent much of it.

K.

Dowie played 150 games for us and I never liked him as a player, he was woeful in front of goal, forget not he had the supply of one of the best players ever to grace our team.

Just because he is an ex-player does not mean I think he is a good manager.

Im not expecting you to think he's a good manager, he is clearly an average manager so I would have thought you wouldn't have been so hard because he is an ex-player.

Is it because he was here before Lowe and all things non-lowe are ****, winky thing.

Im not expecting you to think he's a good manager, he is clearly an average manager so I would have thought you wouldn't have been so hard because he is an ex-player.

Is it because he was here before Lowe and all things non-lowe are ****, winky thing.

FTF thats all fair, but sadly he annoyed me big time when he played for us and so perhaps im letting that cloud my perception of him

FTF thats all fair, but sadly he annoyed me big time when he played for us and so perhaps im letting that cloud my perception of him

Two goals away at Leicester let him off in my books...he was by and large sh:t though...

Testament to this being that Shipperley seemed like a goal machine after him...

Tomassi wont be on much, this is a guy who refused his wages after he broke his leg and then would only play for the minimum wage for a year after to prove himself.

It was only a matter of time before the golden axe fell, it always happens when a club is taken over like this. I'm surprised its taken so long and there will be a foreign manager there within a week, he is probably packing his bags as we speak.

Dowie was appointed by Flav which is what confused us all. Mancini has been mentioned in the papers and I wouldnt mind him.

Also, he might not even get a payoff, we had a couple of loans who had to be played as part of the agreement and he refused so he could have been sacked for gross misconduct.

Also, he might not even get a payoff, we had a couple of loans who had to be played as part of the agreement and he refused so he could have been sacked for gross misconduct.

Only if it was written in Dowie's contract that he had to play who he was told, surely? And if it was, then that's not much of a manager's position is it.