The Official Unofficial Glastonbury 2013 Thread

swannymere

Just got back from the festival. It was good to be back, definitely. Saw some cracking sets, but these in particular stood out;

Half Moon Run - The Park (Friday afternoon)

Local Natives - John Peel Stage (Friday afternoon)

Major Lazer - West Holts (Saturday evening)

Hollie Cook - Gully (Sunday evening)

Phoenix - John Peel Stage (Sunday evening)

Just got back from the festival. It was good to be back, definitely. Saw some cracking sets, but these in particular stood out;

Local Natives - John Peel Stage (Friday afternoon)

Major Lazer - West Holts (Saturday evening)

Hollie Cook - Gully (Sunday evening)

Phoenix - John Peel Stage (Sunday evening)

Watched Major Lazer online, looked like a lot of fun. Savages sounded amazing on the tv, will definitely be seeing them at Bestival.

Good call! Wonderful band and live they were even better than I was expecting.

Perfect weekend - my first time and I want to go back already. Never seen anything like that place in my life

Good call! Wonderful band and live they were even better than I was expecting.

Perfect weekend - my first time and I want to go back already. Never seen anything like that place in my life

Did you watch their set at The Park or at William's Green the day after? I saw both and it was a genuine pleasure to see them perform, they seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely.

I saw both. It was the joy they got from the crowd that sold them to my friends who I brought along. They are going to be huge very soon, though having the Park set broadcast would have helped a lot. Unofferable was really special.

Bumped into them round the Other stage as well, nice guys but not very talkative. I think they were just a little puzzled to be showered with praise from a UK fan.

My other highlights music-wise were Portishead (miles ahead of the rest), Foals, Of Monsters and Men and Fatboy Slim. Honourable mention for Nas on Sonic as well, very nicely done.

I agree, there was such a positive and happy feeling onstage and in the crowd that it was just fun to be there. They couldn't seem to get their heads around people here knowing their stuff. As you say, they're going to be huge soon so they'd better get used to it!

Thought Foals were alright, bit boring at times though. Didn't see any of the others but wanted to see Nas, had some good acts on at Sonic this year but could never actually get inside the tent!

No sooner had I read a post commenting on Nile Rodgers' & Chic's performance at Glasto that they are announced to play down here with the ***t in the hat in November.

Awesome. Saw them back in the day with Sister Sledge at the Winter Gardens in Bompey, still THE most I have ever danced at a gig in my life.

This makes up for the pain of missing out on the tickets to see them at Glasto.

No sooner had I read a post commenting on Nile Rodgers' & Chic's performance at Glasto that they are announced to play down here with the ***t in the hat in November.

Awesome. Saw them back in the day with Sister Sledge at the Winter Gardens in Bompey, still THE most I have ever danced at a gig in my life.

This makes up for the pain of missing out on the tickets to see them at Glasto.

I'll be seeing them at Beat Herder festival this coming weekend. I wasn't too bothered when I heard they had been announced to play, but following the huge praise they have been getting from their Glasonbury performance, I reckon I might pop along and watch them.

I'll be seeing them at Beat Herder festival this coming weekend. I wasn't too bothered when I heard they had been announced to play, but following the huge praise they have been getting from their Glasonbury performance, I reckon I might pop along and watch them.

All I have to go on live was what I saw way at Bompey. Our seats were front row but all we could see were a bank of speakers. About 20 of us created merry hell with the management and they moved us to a dias in the middle of the Theatre. Once Sister Sledge came on (basically playing Rodgers' & Edwards songs) I don't think anyone in the house was looking at what the band were actually doing on the stage.

Just pack your Dad Dancing shoes or your best Spandex disco gear, have enough Happy Juice & find somewhere with decent sound and a bit of space & I bet it'll boogie/funk/rock or whatever.

update: Just put the You Tube up from Glasto.

Lolz, I'm bouncing around to Dance Dance Dance and Mrs D_P is going wtf is this? Work to do before she goes to see them!

Edited by dubai_phil