Sheff Utd vs Saints - Post Match Views

exit2

I'm happy with a point tonight. Feel sorry for the guys who went to see it though. goal less is never a spectacle but a point is a point as they say.

sounds as though they defended really well. and kelvin made three or four really good saves which kept us in the game.

well done lads!

I was there and no, don't feel sorry for me. It was a very good game to watch - edge of the seat stuff. First half we had them chasing shadows - second half we seemed to run out of steam and it was backs to the wall defending. Only downside of some noisy Saints support was the fact that some fans started abusing McGoldrick. We are nil-nil, backs to the wall, so we support by abusing one of our own players. Go figure!!!!

I was there and no, don't feel sorry for me. It was a very good game to watch - edge of the seat stuff. First half we had them chasing shadows - second half we seemed to run out of steam and it was backs to the wall defending. Only downside of some noisy Saints support was the fact that some fans started abusing McGoldrick. We are nil-nil, backs to the wall, so we support by abusing one of our own players. Go figure!!!!

I don't remember McGoldrick getting abused? There was a few comedy groans when we saw him coming on but thought he was supported quite well.

Agree it was quite an entertaining game, not a bad 0-0.

Seriously though, it isn't rocket science is it. Pick your best players and look what happens!

I don't remember McGoldrick getting abused? There was a few comedy groans when we saw him coming on but thought he was supported quite well.

Seriously though, it isn't rocket science is it. Pick your best players and look what happens!

I got accused of writing arrogant nonsense for suggesting that JP and Lowe note the same thing (the bleeding obvious...)

It was a few - not the majority - but I do know that Lallana's parents were less than impressed by it

You may well be right, I think anybody reading the threads on here should get the drift. Once it had been publicised it caused a problem. By picking Skacel and leaving McGoldrick out, could well have been done in an attempt to prove the threads wrong. As usual, obvious.
but as it was supposed to be in McGoldricks contract 'he must play' we couldnt legally drop him. So where does that leave us with that rumour?

i love this forum

one minute its "we'll be down by christmas"

the next its "we're actually a good team"

after a win its "we'll walk this league"

i think if we play our experienced players, and get a decent full backs on loan we will finish lower mid table

but as it was supposed to be in McGoldricks contract 'he must play' we couldnt legally drop him. So where does that leave us with that rumour?

No one has said it was contractural. It was a promise made in close season. I expect him to be back in the starting line up on Saturday.

As for the game last night, a very good result. One continuing worry though. Many of our games we have been very good in the first half but outplayed in the second when the opposing Manager has changed tactics. JP has to recognise this and have a game plan to nullify/counter such changes. Hopefully that will come with experience.

Excellent stoical performance and showed they can cope with pressure unlike this much lauded new website that seems to struggle with the moaners logging in and at the ready to dip their pens in poison.

For the vast majority who posted on the prediction thread I suspect will have a quiet and sheepish night. Leave the 5-0 tonkings to Burley and Pearson you great bunch of 'supporters'.

That kind of resilience can only confirm that we will confidently survive this season without the need of other teams doing the business for us. Bootboy, No I fan and McEnemy - no thanks the new era is not without setbacks but continues to show enough unlike a lot of our fans who seem stuck in the 1980's.

The only thing "stuck" around here is you and your "stuck record" boring comments. Please boil your head you dinlo.

I heard this on RS and it was bloody dire. Awful in fact, a drab kick-about in the local park of a Sunday morning would be more enterprising and exciting than this dross. We keep plumbing new depths on our route to obscurity.

Poortvleit now seems to have adopted the strategy of let's pick eleven names out of a Ffing hat! He obviously hasn't a clue as to his best team. He's LOST, up sh*t* creek, paddle-less, rudderless and holed beneath the water line. He'll soon have to make a proper decision to save his own neck. I loved his approach in the friendly games, now he's proved to be just another w**k*r in disguise.

I heard this on RS and it was bloody dire. Awful in fact, a drab kick-about in the local park of a Sunday morning would be more enterprising and exciting than this dross. We keep plumbing new depths on our route to obscurity.

Poortvleit now seems to have adopted the strategy of let's pick eleven names out of a Ffing hat! He obviously hasn't a clue as to his best team. He's LOST, up sh*t* creek, paddle-less, rudderless and holed beneath the water line. He'll soon have to make a proper decision to save his own neck. I loved his approach in the friendly games, now he's proved to be just another w**k*r in disguise.

You don't like him then ?

Pony

(an observation on your location rather than the content of your post.....obviously.... ;))

Um. Shame you couldn't be there. It was a brilliant experience as it often is away. Dire it most certainly was not. Very few moaners; totally committed team; moments of fantastic skill from what are a very promising group of lads who have a lot to learn; a few nerves at the end - great value for money.

No one has said it was contractural. It was a promise made in close season. I expect him to be back in the starting line up on Saturday.

As for the game last night, a very good result. One continuing worry though. Many of our games we have been very good in the first half but outplayed in the second when the opposing Manager has changed tactics. JP has to recognise this and have a game plan to nullify/counter such changes. Hopefully that will come with experience.

I think the ame plan is to try and run riot in the 1st half and bag a couple of goals. 2nd half is all about coping with there attacks and try to catch them on the break. If we were 1 or 2 goals up then there would be far more opertunites to break forward with more space to work in so its not a bad plan.

Problem is when we go a goal down or dont get in front we struggle. The opo's will sit back to protect there lead or not risk losing the point from a draw. We find it hard to break teams down when they have men behind the ball so JP needs to find that plan b to cope with a situation that will happen in just about every game.

Result proves one thing. Weith some men you can get a draw. With kids we tend to lose.

So... as JP is here to run a schoolboy side at Lowe's behest my logic tells me we can survive if we:

a. Buy men in January.

b. Get a new manager to MANAGE them not coach kids.

In order to do that we hound out Lowe and Wilde and take the first takeover between now and the transfer window.

Otherwise? I know we're going down.

Result proves one thing. Weith some men you can get a draw. With kids we tend to lose.

So... as JP is here to run a schoolboy side at Lowe's behest my logic tells me we can survive if we:

a. Buy men in January.

In order to do that we hound out Lowe and Wilde and take the first takeover between now and the transfer window.

I think we are all set up to take the 1st serious takeover that comes along anyway. Trouble is, there isnt one!!!

Hounding Lowe, Wilde, Crouch, Aunt bessy or anyone else wont do much good IMO.

JP was in charge last night and we got a draw. He was also in charge when we beat Brum in the cup. Sure he has got a few things wrong but he must have also got a few things right too.

When the team dont do as good as they should I am all for giving a bit of critasism but when they do better they need encouragment. They know when we are happy and when we are not. These are the things that we should be concerned with and it would be nice to have men at the top that give us nothing else to be concerned with. But we have what we have and without a nice chunk of money we wont have much different.

a. Buy men in January.

Wooton replaced by Gillett in centre midfield -not as simple as men/boys is it?

All I was told, was that he was told by Lowe he was first choice. Nobody would put a guaranteed place in a players contract.

Excellent stoical performance and showed they can cope with pressure unlike this much lauded new website that seems to struggle with the moaners logging in and at the ready to dip their pens in poison.

For the vast majority who posted on the prediction thread I suspect will have a quiet and sheepish night. Leave the 5-0 tonkings to Burley and Pearson you great bunch of 'supporters'.

That kind of resilience can only confirm that we will confidently survive this season without the need of other teams doing the business for us. Bootboy, No I fan and McEnemy - no thanks the new era is not without setbacks but continues to show enough unlike a lot of our fans who seem stuck in the 1980's.

What the **** are you on about!! Childish name calling shows you to be of similar standing and regard to the other total moron on this site called Scooby!!

Yeah of course everyone was saying that it was contractual blah, blah, blah. Are you as stupid in real life as you come across on here??

Rudi's return was brilliant. Forget all the rubbish spoken about him and rejoice in the fact that he ran his heart to a standstill. Timely tackles and a clearance off the line showed that if kept fit he could solve one of our problem positions.

Lancashire getting sent off is a big worry as he also had a pretty good game. Who will take his place on Saturday? Please please don't let it be Wotton. Slow of thought and mobility he was also blatantly guilty of ball watching against Watford and must be kept out of the team. There just has to be someone better.

What I don't get is that when we field a team of average age 22 who try to play Total Football, we get stuffed over and over again, when Arsenal field a team of average age 22 who try to play Total Football theY beat Fernabace 5-2 and the whole world says wHAt wonderful kids they are. What a great academy

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS PARADOX PLEASE MR JAN POORTVLEIT AND MR RUPERT LOWE AND MR MICHAEL WILDE?

Yeah of course everyone was saying that it was contractual blah, blah, blah. Are you as stupid in real life as you come across on here??
It was said that DMG was promised by RL to start games if fit. Many took that to be true and I questioned that many times. So now it has been proved incorrect you have come on to try and rubbish me.I accept your abuse that is fine, if we meet not behind a computer you may think different and not make such claims and be careful not to be so offensive. Edited by OldNick

It was said that DMG was promised by RL to start games if fit. Many took that to be true and I questioned that many times. So now it has been proved incorrect you have come on to try and rubbish me.I accept your abuse that is fine, if we meet not behind a computer you may think different and not make such claims and be careful not to be so offensive.

I wouldn't waste yoiur time on this character NickH. Um Pahars with his indepth knowledge of accounting principals and procedures even his writings have a 'nasal tone and quality' to them. I suspect he tops the scales at no more than 9 stone dripping wet which seems to be a permanent state for him. Um Pahars = tax clerk = loves a procedure.

I wouldn't waste yoiur time on this character NickH. Um Pahars with his indepth knowledge of accounting principals and procedures even his writings have a 'nasal tone and quality' to them. I suspect he tops the scales at no more than 9 stone dripping wet which seems to be a permanent state for him. Um Pahars = tax clerk = loves a procedure.
I dont know about what height he is, that does not bother me as thats not the point. I have met quite a few off here at the ground and they are all sound.Whatever their views they have acted with respect and courtesy, and it has been returned. MB teases me all the time on here since he made himself known to me in the Northam, but it is all done in humour and good spirit. None of them have called me stupid to my face though Edited by OldNick

Heavy weight 15st private sector then SB.....i laugh!!!