Experienced Defenders On Loan....

beatlesaint

Surely instead of getting all these midfield and strikers on loan the solution to our problem would be to scout round the premiership/championship and pick up 2 or 3 older (28 - 35) defenders who are experienced and know how to defend basics like corners and crosses !!

Go with the boys in midfield and up front if thats what we have to do but have a solid back line that is experienced. Look at the difference Perry and Lucketti made at the end of last year. A decent centre half to go next to Perry or Killer and a couple of full backs.

Who knows, it may just work......and i think it stands a better chance of working than the current line up in defence.

There has to be clubs esp in the premiership who have older defenders who just dont get a game anymore.

I am lost for words as to why JP.....or RL have a blind spot about the defending and full backs especially. Time to wise up, we can all see it, and so can every team we play !!

Surely instead of getting all these midfield and strikers on loan the solution to our problem would be to scout round the premiership/championship and pick up 2 or 3 older (28 - 35) defenders who are experienced and know how to defend basics like corners and crosses !!

Go with the boys in midfield and up front if thats what we have to do but have a solid back line that is experienced. Look at the difference Perry and Lucketti made at the end of last year. A decent centre half to go next to Perry or Killer and a couple of full backs.

Who knows, it may just work......and i think it stands a better chance of working than the current line up in defence.

There has to be clubs esp in the premiership who have older defenders who just dont get a game anymore.

I am lost for words as to why JP.....or RL have a blind spot about the defending and full backs especially. Time to wise up, we can all see it, and so can every team we play !!

Agree completely. After all, The Manager That Wasnt Good Enough For Us Because He Wasnt Picked By Lowe ™ :rolleyes: employed that exact approach in 13-odd games last season, and kept us up.

Agree completely. After all, The Manager That Wasnt Good Enough For Us Because He Wasnt Picked By Lowe ™ :rolleyes: employed that exact approach in 13-odd games last season, and kept us up.

NP made us hard to beat.

But that's a silly approach. Rupert know's best.

Let's stick a load of 17 year olds that aren't good enough for the football league together with a manager with no knowledge or experience of either English football or managing at any decent level, and see what happens.

Oh.

This.

**** off Rupert NOW.

New chairman, get a decent no nonsense manager in NOW.

Give all the 12 year old loan signings back to their clubs NOW.

Pick Skacel, Perry and John NOW.

Replace said loan signings with a couple of cloggers like Luketti.

And we might, might just about stop up this season.

Pick Skacel, Perry and John NOW.

Replace said loan signings with a couple of cloggers like Luketti.

And we might, might just about stop up this season.

Quite agree, every team that does anything in this league, and I include avoiding relegation in that, has a couple of big, burly cloggers at the heart of their defence.

I don't get it.

If it is blindingly obvious to a bunch of people on an internet message board that the defence just isn't good enough, why has it evaded a succession of managers and chairmen.

It doesnt evade DECENT managers and chairmen ! We havent had a decent chairman to speak of (altho I think Crouch could have been) but as for managers, well both Hoddle and Strachan worked it out and tightened up the back.

I don't get it.

If it is blindingly obvious to a bunch of people on an internet message board that the defence just isn't good enough, why has it evaded a succession of managers and chairmen.

I think it's blindingly obvious not just to this forum, but to everybody who goes to SMS, everybody who watches any part of our matches on TV, in fact everybody other than Rupes, ( JP's opinion doesn't count as he has no say in signings or team selection ).